What Class Should I Pick?

redhoodrider

I know it's just the one that feels right, as that's what everyone says, and I do agree with, but what class is right for me?? Here's My Stance on EVERYTHING! :)

Saber/No Saber:

I would really prefer a saber, because my main (Level 28 Merc) Is a blaster character. However, I really do not want a Sith Warrior because I already know the story. I hear consular's story is godawful, but the whole plague thing appeals to me. But overall, I would prefer a saber class, but it's not THAT big of a deal.

Classes that are a DEFINITE No:

Bounty Hunter (Have one)

Inquisitor (Have one)

Warrior (Have on)

Republic or Empire?

Pretty Neutral, I have almost all Empire characters, but I honestly dont care whatsoever.

DPS/Heal/Tank:

I would prefer a tank, because I don't have a high level tank, and DPS/Healer I would prefer a healer a little bit more because I have a 28 DPS.

Military Stance? (Wierd Question, but IK it's a pretty big thing for trooper)

I definitley like the whole military aspect, it's a very cool thing in the game they added, and it reminds me of "Saving Private Ryan" which is a definite plus :)

Is Story A big Deal?

I definitley think story is a big if not the biggest deal in my character selection. I would like one that starts out interesting and something I can get attached to. If it doesn't get good early, it's a negative, but I can still deal.

PVP or PVE?

I'm mostly a PVE guy, with the occasional PVP so a well rounded class/AC will be awesome!

It would be AWESOME if you could rank the classes I might enjoy the most (1-8 obviously) because I haven't played them all and don't have the time to.

Thanks!

Edited by redhoodrider

Well taking in consideration of all the things you want/have and don't want, It seems that all of the saber classes other a jedi gaurdian are out.

Imo, Powertech/Vangaurd are amazing tanks, lots of passive mitigation and great aoe threat. They are also one of the best pvp dps in game.

Imperial Agent operative is my other recommendation. Scoundrel as well, but I feel that the IA story is the best one in game. Its like being 007 but in a star wars enviroment. Also Operatives right now are one of the best healers in game especially pvp healing. Sorcs/Consulars are pretty fun as well, but I think you already have that.

If I were to choose, Id play Operative/PT/Van, but thats just me. They have alot of fun specs and are viable in most every situation. I wasnt into the trooper story, but thats just me.

Since your highest level is 28, i would really suggest just playing around with all of them, Alot of the classes are late bloomers. You really wont see a class shine/ story unfold with some of the classes till the 40s.

Edited by Pwnyride

Guardian. It fits your specifications and is very fun, both story and game play wise.

This. Although since you already basically ruled out all 3 tank son Imp side, and Trooper on Rep side, there aren't too many options left to be honest.

With Consular... it depends. Some people actually like the story. But because it is less action driven and takes a more spiritual approach, it definitely is not everyone's cup of tea though. For me, it is a bit too cliché and tries a slight bit too hard. I found the Knight story to be more enjoyable.

Generally I would recommend Knight over Consular based on the story, but as I have said, it really depends on your preferences. If you don't mind a slower, more spiritual approach to the story, then you might like the Consular story. Also, I think Assassin/Shadow tanks are a bit more fun to play than Juggernaut/Guardian. But again, this is personal preference.

Saber/No Saber:

*SNIP*

DPS/Heal/Tank:

*SNIP*

Guardian. It plays to both your wish for a saber and a tank. Has great PvE and PvP specs.

Military Stance? (Wierd Question, but IK it's a pretty big thing for trooper)

Definately a Trooper Vanguard here. Tank, great DPS, good pvp and pve specs and while it's a blaster class, it has loads of great graphical effects besides blaster bolts.

That being said, I personally prefer a Bounty Hunter because of the great companions and you get to burn everything to a smoldering pile of ashes.

Paper beats Rock.

Rock Beats Scissors.

Scissors beats Paper.

Fire and brimstone beats ALL OF THE ABOVE.

And to make sure nothing survives, you can spam missiles while flying with your jetpack.

:D

Is Story A big Deal?

Vanguard for a good military story. And if you like Mass Effect make it a female character (FemShep voice actor). :p

Guardian for your typical heroic saviour of the galaxy story (the usual Star Wars archetype story).

Powertech BH for a personal story with a good group of companions. The overall story lacks a bit, but is more than made up for because your companions are relatable.

PVP or PVE?

*SNIP

Vanguard/Powertech and Guardian both excel in either field.

It would be AWESOME if you could rank the classes I might enjoy the most (1-8 obviously) because I haven't played them all and don't have the time to.

1). Vanguard or Powertech (depends on if you prefer a military story or amazing fiery skills of doom with fun companions)

2). Guardian (Saber. Hero. Great PvE. Great PvP. 'nuff said)

3). Consular Shadow (Saber. Plague thing appeals to you. Stealth is awesome.)

4). The rest. :p

Edited by Defecter