Classes based on Film Characters

lazarayonwow

I've heard a lot of people say they thought the Consular was based on Yoda. I guess to an extend I can see that as a foundation perhaps, but as I've played a Consular I think its more based off Obi Wan.

After Obi-Wan killed Darth Maul, Yoda granted him the rank of Jedi Knight because he was the first Jedi in 1,000 years to kill a Sith. Later he became a Jedi Master. Having said that, the game isn't just like the movies. Assassins can use Force Lightning but you never saw Maul use that, etc. Some of the movie characters are two classes combined, so Obi-Wan really is like a Consular and Knight rolled into one.

After Obi-Wan killed Darth Maul, Yoda granted him the rank of Jedi Knight because he was the first Jedi in 1,000 years to kill a Sith. Later he became a Jedi Master. Having said that, the game isn't just like the movies. Assassins can use Force Lightning but you never saw Maul use that, etc. Some of the movie characters are two classes combined, so Obi-Wan really is like a Consular and Knight rolled into one.

A lot of the movie characters don't roll into a single class (particularly the major Jedi/Sith). The Inquisitor is Maul/Sidious based, and the Warrior is based on Vader. The names themselves are a bit misleading, because in some cases they mean completely different things in Star Wars (e.g. Jedi Knight being a rank, basically meaning said Jedi isn't an apprentice or a master).

JK - Luke Skywalker

SI - Palpatine

SW - Vader

Smuggler - Han Solo

Consular - Hmmm...Yoda maybe?

Bounty Hunter - Boba Fett

Trooper - Clone warriors

Agent - Can't think of one

Consular is definitely Yoda. If Yoda were a normal sized race it'd be easier to see.

Agent is supposed to be based off of Tarkin I guess..I don't really see it because he never fought in the movies.

Obi-wan acted more like a consular in Episode 2, being sent out to investigate the clone production and separatist situations. He was sent as an ambassador rather than a warrior.

He just happened to be really good at fighting. However, the Ep3 novel declares that he never mastered a particular Lightsaber fighting form. Mace Windu comments that this is why he was able to defeat uh.. you know, the wheezing four saber robot guy - because he wasn't mentally locked in to a specific form, and that dude killed jedi by learning their form and countering it. This does suggest that he wasn't trained as a warrior.

Also, on the Death Star in Ep4, he takes a very cautious approach to Vader, using Force powers to distract Stormtroopers rather than confronting them.

He used the force push thing against the trade droids and stuff as well.

So basically, if he used a double-bladed lightsaber, it would be a no-brainer.

Obi-Wan is the model for the JK while Yoda is for the Consular, its not that hard to see.

Obi-Wan is focused on lightsabre combat. Sure he was sent on ambassador-missions, but so were all the Jedi. Yoda while fighting Dooku relied heavily on using the Force to throw and deflect objects and lighting, before going into lightsabre-combat.

When it comes to Consulars, escpecially Sages, I think of Qui-Gon.

Why?

He is very diplomatic and strong with the living force which is the basis for Sages. Shadows have (lorewise) a bit more aggressive approach to things though that doesn't mean in any way they are evil or violent.

Also his mostly kind personality (see how he treats Jar Jar and Anakin before he knows the boy is strong with the force) fits well in the picture of a Sage. Stoic as he can be he treats aliens and less fortune people very kindly.

Tahl is another person I'd associate with Sages for pretty much the same reasons, though she is not a movie character.

Of course considering his wisdom and force powers the people who associate Consulars with Yoda do have a point.

Edited by murmeltierchen

Anakin honestly couldn't make up his mind on his class. He was a Sentinel to begin with, except he thought he was too cool to use a second lightsaber and since he was only fighting trash mobs up until the chapter 2 boss, he was able to get through unscathed. Then when he got to his chapter 2 Boss, aka Dooku, he rushed in and was whooped by force lightning. Obi-Wan fought Dooku while Anakin was respawning, but he didn't have enough offense in his tank spec to deal with Dooku. Luckily for him, Anakin got back just in time before Dooku could get in the killing blow on Obi-Wan. While Obi-Wan was incapacitated, Anakin finally started using his second lightsaber, but it was quickly disabled. Only now able to use half of his abilities, he lost. After that, he decided to re-roll as a Guardian, but since he saw Obi-Wan had trouble, he specced vigilance instead. Eventually getting bored with the Republic side, he rerolled as a Sith, going with Juggernaut and speccing Vengeance.

Yes, I'm obviously joking.

TL;DR I have too much time on my hands :p

Edited by kalonthar

Obi-Wan is the model for the JK while Yoda is for the Consular, its not that hard to see.

Obi-Wan is focused on lightsabre combat. Sure he was sent on ambassador-missions, but so were all the Jedi. Yoda while fighting Dooku relied heavily on using the Force to throw and deflect objects and lighting, before going into lightsabre-combat.

While Yoda was one of the most powerful force users he was also one of the best lightsaber duelists.

Isn't Mara Jade (from the books directly following E6) an imperial agent to begin with? Not that she starred in the movies, but she'll make an appearance in the third trilogy should it be made.

I only read part of one of the EU books with Jade, I thought she was attuned to the force. She had some poison that she was constantly fighting off via the force.

He just happened to be really good at fighting. However, the Ep3 novel declares that he never mastered a particular Lightsaber fighting form. Mace Windu comments that this is why he was able to defeat uh.. you know, the wheezing four saber robot guy - because he wasn't mentally locked in to a specific form, and that dude killed jedi by learning their form and countering it. This does suggest that he wasn't trained as a warrior.

I remember reading that jedi practicing lightsaber combat intentionally did this so that they couldn't be predicatable, with that in mind he actually might be better at lightsaber combat than you think - even to probably fill the jedi knight stereotype. Furthermore the first time Qui-gon noticed Obi-wan was because he was the top in the class at lightsaber combat. Tbh I never really saw Obi Wan use any abilities besides the standard push/pull/jump/mindtrick.

Edited by Moshbeast

Anakin honestly couldn't make up his mind on his class. He was a Sentinel to begin with, except he thought he was too cool to use a second lightsaber and since he was only fighting trash mobs up until the chapter 2 boss, he was able to get through unscathed. Then when he got to his chapter 2 Boss, aka Dooku, he rushed in and was whooped by force lightning. Obi-Wan fought Dooku while Anakin was respawning, but he didn't have enough offense in his tank spec to deal with Dooku. Luckily for him, Anakin got back just in time before Dooku could get in the killing blow on Obi-Wan. While Obi-Wan was incapacitated, Anakin finally started using his second lightsaber, but it was quickly disabled. Only now able to use half of his abilities, he lost. After that, he decided to re-roll as a Guardian, but since he saw Obi-Wan had trouble, he specced vigilance instead. Eventually getting bored with the Republic side, he rerolled as a Sith, going with Juggernaut and speccing Vengeance.

Yes, I'm obviously joking.

TL;DR I have too much time on my hands :p

Well, no one else deigned to comment, but *I* thought your post was very clever!

• 1 month later...

what i mostly see here is the discussion about if obi wan was the jedi knight class or not xD not much ells, myself i think that JK is based on Luke and obi wan,

if you take it in in theory they way luke fights, he mostly realies on his lightsaber and not the force :) sorry my bad english xD

If you ignore the EU:

Guardian - Obi-wan (prequel)

Sentinel - no rep

Shadow - no rep

Sage - Yoda (original)

Commando - clone troopers

Vanguard - storm troopers

Scoundrel - han solo

Gunslinger - no rep

Juggernaut - Darth Vader

Marauder - no rep

Assassin - Darth Maul

Sorcerer - Darth Sidious

Mercenary - Jango Fett

Powertech - Boba Fett

Operative - no rep

Sniper - no rep

In my opinion, at any rate. I assume they pulled from the EU for the rest (or out of thin air).

I think it's quite obvious that the film character are Jedi and Sith. Not one specific class.

The classes are obviously based on the MMOs different classes idea. They are inspired by the characters, but people make it sound like the characters belong to these classes.

They are hybrids if anything.