Forum Community

rpdowning

Hi Guys!

I noticed a trend in certain gaming forum communities I have been apart of in the past. I could be way off base, but I think Some people enjoy the time spent reading and responding to forum posts while waiting sometimes years before the game launches, then the game itself.

I know its fun to pour over developer interviews while watching YouTube demos and speculating on game content and mechanics. But It seems to be followed by a majority of negative comments about the game in the forums afterwards.

I think alot of people are upset with the game because its not what they were really hoping for, But with so much information about the game being released sometimes weekly by dedicated gameing websites, How are you really suprised about what the game has and dosen't have?

I was curious if people are let down by the end of the speculation and giddy waiting phase then the game itself. Like I said above I could way off base. Maybe Forums are kind of hurting your appreaciation of the game.

I Know a MMO forum community is different from a single player game community, in that the game continues to evolve. When I was apart of the Fable 2 forums and Alan Wake and skyrim forums, there is always griping and such for a few months after launch. Then the real appreciation for the game simmers to the top of the forums.

Just some thoughts and thanks you for reading!

I Know a MMO forum community is different from a single player game community, in that the game continues to evolve. When I was apart of the Fable 2 forums and Alan Wake and skyrim forums, there is always griping and such for a few months after launch. Then the real appreciation for the game simmers to the top of the forums.

No matter what anyone claims about an MMO Forum, I have NEVER seen a single one where there wasn't always constant complaining.

The best you can hope for is that it settles down to a dull roar, because it never stops.

There are seven people who spew negativity, hate and call anyone that disagrees a Fanboy.

or two people and their alts...either way that is a a minuscule number compared to the population that is enjoying the game.

The problem is they do this for twelve to sixteen hours a day...which adds up to a lot of negativity.

There are seven people who spew negativity, hate and call anyone that disagrees a Fanboy.

or two people and their alts...either way that is a a minuscule number compared to the population that is enjoying the game.

The problem is they do this for twelve to sixteen hours a day...which adds up to a lot of negativity.

Really? That's an asinine statement.

Bioware lost 300,000 subscribers(15%) in the first 45 days. There are plenty of people unhappy with this product.

Bioware lost 300,000 subscribers(15%) in the first 45 days. There are plenty of people unhappy with this product.

That is a 85% retention rate...no MMO has ever had that high of a retention rate after launch. Go back and look how many boxes WoW sold in the first 30 days and how many subscribers they had at the end of those 30 days.

So much for Asinine statements. :rolleyes:

Who says that 300k are people unhappy with the game? That's purely speculation. Besides, it's normal for an MMO to lose some # on launch for whatever reason. Anyway only 5% if that actually post in the forums while the rest don't bother at least with the GD forum because it's 99% a cesspool of whining which leaves only the class forums with any real value to them. BioWare's problem is the do far from enough to control it despite the fact that people actually would like to get some useful information from this place.