PvP regs vs Ranked CXP

TrixxieTriss

They'll never get better doing ranked if they aren't skilled enough to start with. There is no learning curve for underskilled players in ranked, there is just a cliff to jump off.

If they want to get better at pvp, regs is the only place that will happen because there will be equally skilled players to fight against, with a smattering of veteran players to learn off.

Trying to get better by doing ranked is like sending a kindergarten child to university to get a masters degree.

Lowbie bracket pvp = kindergarten, primary school.

Mid bracket pvp = middle school, high school

End game bracket = entry lvl/first year university

Ranked = masters degree

Ranked = 4x4, no objectives, just try to kill other players

Unranked = 8x8, objectives, just trying to kill other players hurts the team; occasionally you get a 4x4 "breather"

Now which of these sounds like Grad School, and which sounds like Kindergarten?

Edited by eartharioch

No point in regs, ranked are arenas, fast and easy and mostly with 4 dps or 3 dps and 1 tank, which means fast matches.

If you are talking time in the match, you are correct.

But if you add other variables like queue times, then regs come out on top. Especially when people are throwing matches so that they get it over with faster.

When ever the ranked players see wintraders, hackers or now CXP farmers, we unqueue. So queue pops actually get longer and longer. But regs keep popping ;)

If people want to farm CXP in ranked, they are much better off doing it in team ranked. Get a few groups together and queue, then you can make the games as long or as short as you want. If you have 3-5 groups, that's 12-20 people who can farm together and pops will be fast in team ranked,

But if you try to do that in the solo queue, it won't work.

The fastest way, including pop times, to farm CXP in pvp is to play regs or organise multiple teams for team ranked.

Ranked = 4x4, no objectives, just try to kill other players

Unranked = 8x8, objectives, just trying to kill other players hurts the team; occasionally you get a 4x4 "breather"

Now which of these sounds like Grad School, and which sounds like Kindergarten?

Ranked = Grad school

Regs 8x8 = kindergarten

Reg 4x4 is kindergarten too

If you don't play ranked, then you don't know the difference in the skill lvl required.

Arena requires a different skill set and tactics to 8 man. Ranked Arena requires a mastery of both class and tactics.

If you don't play ranked, then you don't know the difference in the skill lvl required.

Arena requires a different skill set and tactics to 8 man. Ranked Arena requires a mastery of both class and tactics.

No it doesn't... Ranked has always been FOTM classes dominating.

Ranked = Grad school

Regs 8x8 = kindergarten

Solo Ranked - Angry players that think they are good and rage when they lose.

No it doesn't... Ranked has always been FOTM classes dominating.

So because people pick a FOTM class, doesn't mean they can play the class well or play ranked..

And just because people pick a FOTM class, doesn't mean they don't play it exceptionally well and belong in ranked.

Ranked = better than reg players to exceptionally skilled players

Regs = casuals to less than skill players

Ranked = Grad school

Regs 8x8 = kindergarten

I did play ranked...back when it was 8v8. All PVP requires players to be able to fight other players at some point, the difference between objective-based (8v8) and death-match-only (4v4) is that objective-based requires *more* than just the ability to death-match.

BTW, I'm not a *great* player, and the main reason I don't do 4x4 ranked is because I can't focus on practicing 4x4s in unranked. My complaint about 4v4 ranked is that it is essentially putting the horse in front of the cart.

Ignoring the ranked PvP rewards...

Rewards? You mean titles? Meh, no thanks. My 30k+ S7 tokens are still yet to be spent. I think I'll hang onto them and hope they get converted to credits. Yep, the mere chance that they get converted to credits is more appealing to me than any of the rewards that I can buy for 30k.

Edited by teclado

I did play ranked...back when it was 8v8. All PVP requires players to be able to fight other players at some point, the difference between objective-based (8v8) and death-match-only (4v4) is that objective-based requires *more* than just the ability to death-match.

BTW, I'm not a *great* player, and the main reason I don't do 4x4 ranked is because I can't focus on practicing 4x4s in unranked. My complaint about 4v4 ranked is that it is essentially putting the horse in front of the cart.

Agreed Ranked 8s required more use of your brain, at least the tactical and strategic part. But combat skill was still the same.

If we still had 8 Ranked I would also add it to the list to equal or maybe be above a masters degree.

But when we discuss regs, there is such a huge skill gap to ranked, it doesn't matter if it's reg 8s or reg arena.

I don't know, an Arena with healers- we had that pop (got to actually play with the person who kept bragging on Fleet, they were really good) and we played out until an instant death all three rounds. We won but it was a real tug of war and neither of side wanted to give it up. Those Arenas are pretty fun.

YES they are in spite of things being lopsided sometimes, and competition getting more heated...

Meh, I'm a beginner to ranked because started Pvping near the end of season 7, but I rather enjoy better than regs where people for the most part just give up if they're not winning in the first 2min or so. Can only get better with practice, right?

YES they are in spite of things being lopsided sometimes, and competition getting more heated...

Meh, I'm a beginner to ranked because started Pvping near the end of season 7, but I rather enjoy better than regs where people for the most part just give up if they're not winning in the first 2min or so. Can only get better with practice, right?

And that people is how and why you play ranked, not to farm stupid CXP.