Episode VII and the Chosen One

BadCaneH

TOTAL FILM: "Are you happy for new Star Wars tales to be told after you're gone?"

LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII–IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..."

George Lucas himself has stated that Anakin is the Chosen One and that the prophecy is true, although it had been misinterpreted by the entire Jedi Order (from Revenge Of The Sith Bonus DVD)

Believing that Episode VII will have Sith as villains, how does that change the Chosen One prophecy? Is Lucas backfiring again? What do you think?

Edited by BadCaneH

Well, I don't think the prophecy ever states that the balance will be permanent, just that the Force will be brought back into balance. So this would allow for the Force to be unbalanced again in the future.

Lucas is a douche. His final F you to the Star Wars community was naming Korriban "Morriban". Because Korriban sounded to much like Coruscant. He is not the same Lucas that he was when he first made a new hope. He has gotten old and fallen to the dark side.

Vader brought balance to the force by destroying both the Jedi and Bane's line of sith. From then on the cycle begins again. It is yin an yang when the light side rises so will the dark side will rise too.

This. Lucas has no say on EP7 or on the Moraband change.

Uh... wrong. When Disney bought LucasFIlm, they also bought the story outlines that George wrote for Episode VII-IX, and he was still involved in Clone Wars when season 6 was being worked on, and he was involved in the change from Korriban to Moraband.

Lucas is a douche. His final F you to the Star Wars community was naming Korriban "Morriban". Because Korriban sounded to much like Coruscant. He is not the same Lucas that he was when he first made a new hope. He has gotten old and fallen to the dark side.

Vader brought balance to the force by destroying both the Jedi and Bane's line of sith. From then on the cycle begins again. It is yin an yang when the light side rises so will the dark side will rise too.

w hat