Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pommel Strike Does Not Activate

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Pommel Strike Does Not Activate

slipknotslipknot
02.13.2013 , 07:57 PM | #1
for some reason i am having an issue roughly 1/3 of the time using Pommel Strike. it can happen back-to-back as well.

i force leap into a mob and use Opportune Strike on the immobilized enemy. which nearly kills it. then i take the opposite target of my companion and stun it with either Force Sweep or Blade Storm. i know it stunned cause the NPC hunched over. and i always look at tool-tips before engaging to know the enemy difficulty.

now the problem... i click the hotkey ( in this case CTRL+Middle Mouse Button ) and my quickbars flash. they just simply flash. it is not the global cooldown. it is much quicker. just a simple flash. the ability gets lit up when i stun the enemy so i know it can be used. i click and the quickbar flashes and Pommel Strik is still lit up while the enemy is still stunned. and near full health at that too >< the ability is not used. no damage. no ability cooldown. and even after the quickbar flashes the enemy is STILL hunched over stunned.

i am using Pommel Strike as soon as the global cooldown ends after using Blade Storm or Force Sweep.

so what is going wrong here??? :$ :$ :$

Ryat
02.13.2013 , 09:09 PM | #2
I notice this with Force Sweep. Blade Storm is never a problem. At least for me. Wonder if it has something to do with the "fix" BioWare made for it. It makes it so that Force Sweep automatically strikes the moment you activate the ability. The animation for the ability will take longer and sometimes will make the gobal cooldown activate later.

slipknotslipknot
02.13.2013 , 11:14 PM | #3
hm. it may very well only be on Force Sweep. i do specifically remember it happening after using Force Sweep on one occasion. though i was not intently paying attention to determine if it only happens on one or the either. though it would be a good idea to do that from now on.

but what you say makes perfect sense. if that is indeed what is happening i hope Bioware will pick up on this and fix it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JUST NOW! just now i used Pommel Strike after Force Sweep and the quickbar simply flashed. no damage and no skill cooldown for Pommel Strike. however there was the sound Pommel Strike makes.

i could not see if the attack animation for Pommel Strike played out or if i initiated the attack DURING the Force Sweep attack animation. will have to pay closer attention.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

it is almost impossible to execute Pommel Strike in the middle of Force Sweep. i can not seem to do it. but still if what the previous poster, Ryat, says is correct that could still have something to do with it.

okay after paying closer attention... i clearly see after using Force Sweep and as soon as global cooldown is finished the character is JUST coming out of the stance from using Force Sweep. i swear it is like in milliseconds. but if you hit Pommel Strike too soon your quickbar will flash and nothing will happen.

Ryat
02.14.2013 , 12:04 AM | #4
I usually just spam it after I Force Sweep. That usually does it for me.

slipknotslipknot
02.14.2013 , 12:35 AM | #5
yep. spam it two or 3 times and it will go.

but this is a compromise... not even a workaround. and light years from a fix.

Ryat
02.14.2013 , 07:42 AM | #6
Sadly true.

slipknotslipknot
02.15.2013 , 02:48 AM | #7
well i dunno. but Pommel Strike is really messed up. the enemy was Strong and there were other enemies of lower rank. they got encased in stone and i simply could not use Pommel Strike. it just kept making the quickbars flash. not the global cooldown. just a flash.

the sound and animations were played though. no damage and no ability cooldown. there was a time i could use it on petrified enemies.

slipknotslipknot
02.15.2013 , 04:20 PM | #8
i dunno. but Pommel Strike is a real pain to activate. the conditions are met and the enemies are of Strong rank or lower.

i have sent a Bug Report through in-game last night. is there anything else i should i do to report this? i just hope they can and actually will work the kinks out of Pommel Strike.