[petition] Stop thinking you know how long it will take to code something

KamujinKravshera

I believe it is YOU who has deluded yourself with some sense of importance that you really don't have. I have the money, you (Bioware) want that money. I'm able to be as ignorant as I want...because I have the money. You are entertainment. When your inability to implement what I want reaches a head, I'll take my money elsewhere. Your lack of skill doesn't buy you extra time or additional love from me. You're non-essential fluff. You either deliver or you don't.

You, along with roughly 7 billion other people, have some form of currency. That does not make you special or entitled. Having money doesn't give you power, having control over a company's earnings does. The small, highly entertaining, and demanding faction that continually tells Bioware what they need to put into the game or else they may unsub does not have significant control over EA's earnings. That faction, and I guess by extension you, do not have power because that faction is an incredibly small portion of the population. There probably aren't even enough people who frequent the forums to dent the game's revenue. Just because you can find $15 every month does not give you the power in that relationship.

You, along with roughly 7 billion other people, have some form of currency. That does not make you special or entitled. Having money doesn't give you power, having control over a company's earnings does. The small, highly entertaining, and demanding faction that continually tells Bioware what they need to put into the game or else they may unsub does not have significant control over EA's earnings. That faction, and I guess by extension you, do not have power because that faction is an incredibly small portion of the population. There probably aren't even enough people who frequent the forums to dent the game's revenue. Just because you can find $15 every month does not give you the power in that relationship.

Individually, you're right. But collectively, we do have the power.

No, consumer are able to ask for what they want. However, they are not able to throw a fit and pretend their requests are as simple as they have deluded themselves to believe. At that point, they have an unjustified anger spawned from ignorance.

Consumers should withdraw the benefit of their money when the product does not meet their expectations.

I believe it is YOU who has deluded yourself with some sense of importance that you really don't have. I have the money, you (Bioware) want that money. I'm able to be as ignorant as I want...because I have the money. You are entertainment. When your inability to implement what I want reaches a head, I'll take my money elsewhere. Your lack of skill doesn't buy you extra time or additional love from me. You're non-essential fluff. You either deliver or you don't.

There is no vendor/entertainer/manufacturer who could/want to please everyone with their product, therefore they all need to pick a segment. In that segment they aim to please the majority, but still not everyone for it is impossible. It is obvious SWTOR is to please PVE players who might play PVP sometimes, but not HC PVPers.

We can cry/criticize/curse them as much as we want, nothing is going to change their way towards us.

Actually I bet they were happy if we were gone, but they do not wish to say it directly (too bad PR even for them).

On the other hand, their responds to PVP FAQ was a well masked GET OUT! message.

Deal with it. Yes, it is not easy for PVP in this game has so much potential, but money talks and the wallet of PVE players talks louder.

There is no vendor/entertainer/manufacturer who could/want to please everyone with their product, therefore they all need to pick a segment. In that segment they aim to please the majority, but still not everyone for it is impossible. It is obvious SWTOR is to please PVE players who might play PVP sometimes, but not HC PVPers.

We can cry/criticize/curse them as much as we want, nothing is going to change their way towards us.

Actually I bet they were happy if we were gone, but they do not wish to say it directly (too bad PR even for them).

On the other hand, their responds to PVP FAQ was a well masked GET OUT! message.

Deal with it. Yes, it is not easy for PVP in this game has so much potential, but money talks and the wallet of PVE players talks louder.

I actually agree with you.

I also believe the loss of the PvPers will impact this game more than Bioware appears to think, because those of us (like me) who do a little of everything in-game, will also walk away. I LOVE PvP...it's my preferred style of play ANY day. But I learned (and accepted) long ago that SWTOR couldn't entertain me with the same 4 boxes, so I looked for other things to excite me. GSF died before it "officially" launched and PvE hasn't seen an update in 7 months (aside from KDY which is a joke).

Although they told PvPers this week that they were on the back burner and not to expect anything any time soon, they haven't done much for anyone else either. But again...you're right. Bioware's reply made it very clear what they think of their PvP player base.

Consumers should have informed expectations. Anyone in retail or service industries can tell you that the customer actually isn't always right ;)

On the one hand, it's really hard to say that SWTOR isn't worth the money that I pay for it. In fact, I feel that it's extremely cheap for the amount of entertainment it provides.

On the other hand, things like GSF reveal how many resources are simply wasted.

On the one hand, it's really hard to say that SWTOR isn't worth the money that I pay for it. In fact, I feel that it's extremely cheap for the amount of entertainment it provides.

On the other hand, things like GSF reveal how many resources are simply wasted.

There is a decent population (at least on my server) that play GSF more than they raid or PvP. I've done one match ever, so it's a wasted resource for me, but it definitely isn't for them.

There is a decent population (at least on my server) that play GSF more than they raid or PvP. I've done one match ever, so it's a wasted resource for me, but it definitely isn't for them.

yeah I gsf a lot in addition to regular pvp, and there are always people queing for gsf, especially given the fact even f2p can do it from level 1 and up. I know some do not like it but I like it a lot and hope for more stuff to be added.