Character Re-Name option

mbravo

What really gets me is if you delete a character, you cannot reuse the name.

There should be much more flexibility for editing and reusing in names. This is a MMO and you use the character personna for a very long time.

There will never be a rename option for your first name, however, the ability to change your Legacy Name is under development as we speak.

Blizzard at one time said this same thing until they decided that they could make money from name changes and re-customizations. I would expect those paid services to be introduced here in time. I don't think it will be anytime soon.

Tbh you ppicked a name, if you were unhappy with it, there isnt alot BGiolware can do.

Ok, they can do a "charge for name change", but why do that? Is your ingame name really that bad that it's worth spending cash over? If so, why did you choose that in the first place?

I hope Im not sounding rude, I'm simply asking the questions above as if asking myself in the same situation

xXx

Careful what you ask for. A guy in our guild was forced to change his name, and in the process it apparently unrecoverable overwrote one of his characters, possibly the same one, i didn't quite follow the details because the essence of his telling me was 'someone in guild petitioned about my name, and I'm not dealing with these bugs anymore and then he quit and hasn't come back.

Tbh you ppicked a name, if you were unhappy with it, there isnt alot BGiolware can do.

Ok, they can do a "charge for name change", but why do that? Is your ingame name really that bad that it's worth spending cash over? If so, why did you choose that in the first place?

I hope Im not sounding rude, I'm simply asking the questions above as if asking myself in the same situation

xXx

Posting drunk, he is.:csw_yoda:

I saw random caps and figured drunk post. Ive posted drunk on forums before, its not pretty..

No offence taken, we've all been there at some point. Personally, I prefer not to try to right the wrongs of the world whilst drinking.......never leads the world on a good spin.

To the opening topic, please see above (minus the typos lol)

xXx

Yes you can. I have done this on three occasions, on two different servers. On each ocassion the delay between deleting the character and creating the new one was a few minutes.

There should be much more flexibility for editing and reusing in names. This is a MMO and you use the character personna for a very long time.

That's not true. I've made the same character name 4 times. Delete and remake.