Remove the Free Account Restriction

Bullsith

SWTOR PVP is not that great, in fact it's just a little worse than WoW's, in my opinion. So it's no privlege to do more than 3 Warzones.

That being said, a free player trying out the game, you know, a potential customer, won't be so keen to give you their money if all they can do is get a small sample of PVP (during wich he can get totally owned by organised and better geared teams).

All I'm saying is let people join PVP, reduce their rewards, let them gain marks 3 times a week or something like that. Just don't shut the door in ther face like this. As I said, your PVP isn't that great, it's not the strong point of this game, so I don't see why this restriction was imposed.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SWTOR PVP is not that great, in fact it's just a little worse than WoW's, in my opinion. So it's no privlege to do more than 3 Warzones.

That being said, a free player trying out the game, you know, a potential customer, won't be so keen to give you their money if all they can do is get a small sample of PVP (during wich he can get totally owned by organised and better geared teams).

All I'm saying is let people join PVP, reduce their rewards, let them gain marks 3 times a week or something like that. Just don't shut the door in ther face like this. As I said, your PVP isn't that great, it's not the strong point of this game, so I don't see why this restriction was imposed.

What I get from this is I want to play more for free so why don't you let me. If PVP is not that great to you then what does it matter if you get to play more or not?

What I get from this is I want to play more for free so why don't you let me. If PVP is not that great to you then what does it matter if you get to play more or not?

So you think this restriction is such a *********** samrt thing? Honest?

And FYI I never played this game without a subscription, so I'm not here looking for handouts, cause frankly there's not much to hand out when it comes to PVP. So yeah, it *********** matters to a potential custormer. It would matter to me, cause 3 wz a week does not give me any kind of perspective over SWTOR PVP.

And besides, there are plenty of restrictions that will make you want to buy this game if you plan to stick around.

What I get from this is, " I'm subbed but I wanna be cheap and not pay for a sub anymore. However I really like warzones and don't want to be limited to three a week. Let me badmouth PvP on the forums so I can get it for free"

Just my interpretation. I could be very wrong.

right. Although it is possible OP has a point. BW could give new players a free 1 week pass for PvP (e.g. mail it to them after they do their very first WZ). The first taste is free ...

right. Although it is possible OP has a point. BW could give new players a free 1 week pass for PvP (e.g. mail it to them after they do their very first WZ). The first taste is free ...

Yes that would be good man. I also think 3 matches is too little, but according to the OP he says PVP is not that great so what does it matter to him if its free or not. That is all I am saying.

Personally, I see it this way.

Limiting F2P/Preferred players access to warzones actually hurts the Sub player. It means there are less people to play with in warzones, which makes longer queues. The limited warzones also leads to Free Players ditching warzones that they can't win, in hopes of entering a warzone where their limited entries will count for more. There's also little incentive for a F2P player to stay in SWTOR once they've exhausted their weekly limit

I propose they remove the Weekly Warzone restriction, but in return, reduce the amount of commendations earned by 20%. The weekly pass then could remove this penalty. It matches the similar restriction in place for leveling, but allows the F2P to keep playing, keeping them more invested in the game. Plus, the F2P is already paying almost a third more than the Sub player for the exact same gear.

Limiting F2P/Preferred players access to warzones actually hurts the Sub player. It means there are less people to play with in warzones, which makes longer queues. The limited warzones also leads to Free Players ditching warzones that they can't win, in hopes of entering a warzone where their limited entries will count for more. There's also little incentive for a F2P player to stay in SWTOR once they've exhausted their weekly limit

I propose they remove the Weekly Warzone restriction, but in return, reduce the amount of commendations earned by 20%. The weekly pass then could remove this penalty. It matches the similar restriction in place for leveling, but allows the F2P to keep playing, keeping them more invested in the game. Plus, the F2P is already paying almost a third more than the Sub player for the exact same gear.

I see your point, but on POT5 we do not have issues with queue times. I personally don't think that by allowing undergeared players to play is going to help PVP. They just want you to taste the PVP and if you want more you need to pay for it. BW doesn't want people to stay F2P they want them to sub. So if you are a PVPer and you can play for free all the time why would that person sub?

Finally someone who gets it.

I forgot that the worse thing about this game is it's totally immature and angry community. I see people insist that I made this thread looking for a handout, even if I did say I'm a subbed player and I only play with a sub. It's really nice to see how I'm being called a liar several times by people I've never met or spoken to before.

Glad to see someone got the idea.

Finally someone who gets it.

I forgot that the worse thing about this game is it's totally immature and angry community. I see people insist that I made this thread looking for a handout, even if I did say I'm a subbed player and I only play with a sub. It's really nice to see how I'm being called a liar several times by people I've never met or spoken to before.

Glad to see someone got the idea.

My point is why would people sub if they get to do what they want for free! How will this get people to sub? Yes I assumed that you were F2P and that's my bad, but once again why would people sub if they get it for free. I personally hate PVE and really don't ever do it unless my guild asks me too. But if I could play PVP for free without any restrictions even with less coms. Why would I pay when I am already fully geared min/maxed. What do I need coms for? So basically for me as a sub who only PVP's and is fully geared I wouldn't pay anymore if I got to do what I wanted for free. Plus you said PVP on this game is not that great so why does it matter if it's free or not. You don't even think it's good. That's why people are trolling you.

If Cosco wholesale foods said we are going to do a promo to get more business. We are going to have things you can buy w/o membership at a higher price than with people membership. but COSCO says you can buy all edible goods at membership prices. Would more people sign up for membership?

If PvP is for f2p, most ppl would unsubscribe.

If they go that route, making PvP f2p then restricting high end PvP gear for subscribers, the end WZs (50 or 55) will be full of under geared players, which is not fun for both subscribers and non-subscribers.

The current state is reasonable. I think BW could sell unlimited WZs for a month on the cartel market. I just can't put a price on it (has to have no gear limit).

Edited by Ottoattack

If PvP is for f2p, most ppl would unsubscribe.

If they go that route, making PvP f2p then restricting high end PvP gear for subscribers, the end WZs (50 or 55) will be full of under geared players, which is not fun for both subscribers and non-subscribers.

The current state is reasonable. I think BW could sell unlimited WZs for a month on the cartel market. I just can't put a price on it (has to have no gear limit).

Exactly what I'm saying. They already have a weekly pass. You can purchase it on GTN or Cartel market. If people really want to PVP more they will pay for it.

My point is why would people sub if they get to do what they want for free! How will this get people to sub? Yes I assumed that you were F2P and that's my bad, but once again why would people sub if they get it for free. I personally hate PVE and really don't ever do it unless my guild asks me too. But if I could play PVP for free without any restrictions even with less coms. Why would I pay when I am already fully geared min/maxed. What do I need coms for? So basically for me as a sub who only PVP's and is fully geared I wouldn't pay anymore if I got to do what I wanted for free. Plus you said PVP on this game is not that great so why does it matter if it's free or not. You don't even think it's good. That's why people are trolling you.

If Cosco wholesale foods said we are going to do a promo to get more business. We are going to have things you can buy w/o membership at a higher price than with people membership. but COSCO says you can buy all edible goods at membership prices. Would more people sign up for membership?

You make people Sub by making the incentives worth it. From these responses, it seems many of you feel the Sub would not be worth it if you could still PVP without restriction as F2P. I guess having the much lower credit and commendation limits would not be an issue? Having to pay higher costs for PVP gear would not be an issue? Earning fewer commendations per warzone would not be an issue?

You make people Sub by making the incentives worth it. From these responses, it seems many of you feel the Sub would not be worth it if you could still PVP without restriction as F2P. I guess having the much lower credit and commendation limits would not be an issue? Having to pay higher costs for PVP gear would not be an issue? Earning fewer commendations per warzone would not be an issue?

Well personally man I don't think it is enough incentive. If you are new it would'nt matter how long it takes because the majority of people will think that it is the normal grind. If you can get things for free, but takes a little longer I think most people wouldn't want to sub. Also if you are already a sub and unsub. You have the gear already so credits and coms would not affect that person. Personally I wouldn't pay for a sub if I could do what I liked to do for free. But that is just me. I think more people will unsub and just play for free because why do I need the credits and coms if I only want to pvp. TBH man you make a lot of sense, but the OP states that pvp is not that great. What does it matter to him if it's not that great. Why does it bother him if it's free or not. He doesn't even like it. That is my issue.

No. If ppl wants to PVP they have to Pay like the others. PVP and PVE is the only think why this game is worth paying. Withouth pvp people would stop paying.

I think Bioware is more than generous to the F2P players. And if you dislike SWTOR PvP why would you want access to more of it?

Where did I say I dislike it. I said it's not that great, but that does not mean I dislike it. And let's not pretend it's so effing awesome when it's missing so much.

And the reason I want more people to access PVP is due to the queue which at certain hours (when I am able to play) it's way too long.

And for the genious who said more people would unsub if the WZ restriction was to be removed, use your god-given mind! If they remove the restriction they add a big minus on the rewards for winning or losing. But, as opposed to now, people who do pay can sign up for PVP and have their queue pop sooner rather than much later.

The game rewards paying customers, right? Well this is a very good way to do that AND give free accounts a bigger incentive for PVP, which may result in subs.

I'm really starting to think some people on this forum are here just to disagree for the hell of it. Stupid...

you dont think warzones are worth 15 bucks a month lol. Even if they lift the restriction most wouldnt sub still. People dont sub for warzones bioware sigh.

Not true. I sub just for PVP. I know of others that do it too.

Some don't understand the PVP in this game. It's much more objective focused than many are used to, it's not for people who just want to death match.

From my perspective it's the best MMO PVP out there right now. That's because I like the tactical elements of it.

I kind of get the ops point, but as has been said, if I could PVP as much as I like, I would not sub. Restrictions on comms means nothing if you actually enjoy the PVP and are not doing it just for gear.

The difference in gear is high enough so yeah, if you only focus on PVP in this game, you'll want pvp gear that's good enough to keep you in the competition.

With a reduced gain in rewards even equivalent to 3 warzones a week, you'll be spending enough time in wz to help with the queue and TBH that's contribution.

As far as I'm concerned this game is unplayable for me without a sub. So they got my money, but I'd also like to get what I played for, but considering the queues at certain times (I'm not sure if there's a better hour), I don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

PVP should be free. Rewards from it should not. That's all I'm saying.

Good less green geared F2P kids in my warzones.

Would you prefer green gear subscribers in your WZ? I think the warzone cap should be removed and also the artifact gear cap removed. I've been a subscriber since August and it feels like F2P players are getting **** on. Not only do they have the cap, but they are also unwanted in WZ's because they can't use good gear and can't even use sprint ffs! Remove the WZ cap the sprint cap and the artifact cap. The credit limit and the slower leveling is fine but these other things are just stupid.

Would you prefer green gear subscribers in your WZ? I think the warzone cap should be removed and also the artifact gear cap removed. I've been a subscriber since August and it feels like F2P players are getting **** on. Not only do they have the cap, but they are also unwanted in WZ's because they can't use good gear and can't even use sprint ffs! Remove the WZ cap the sprint cap and the artifact cap. The credit limit and the slower leveling is fine but these other things are just stupid.

As a sub, I find the current queues to be fine (pretty much instant from 9am gmt to 2am gmt), both when leveling and at 50, so increasing the number of players will not improve the queue times.

I think the thing people dont understand with the restrictions are that they are deliberatly annoying you, as they want you to get your wallet out and sub, they dont want to give free unlimited warzones, that does not increase their profits.

This game does not have a free to play model, it has an "annoy the feck out of people, till they sub" model.

if they made warzones free and removed teh restrictions for gear so free to play could get artifact purples, they would actually loose subscribers, as beleive it or not many people play jsut for the pvp.

It does not mater if it takes 3 times as long to get gear, if you pvp a lot you have full tier gear in a week. If tat takes 3 weeks so what (everyone else will take just as long, except for the few pvp players which remaied subbed), they only update it 3 times a year anyway.