returning player after 4 years

Rebelhimell

hey there i just downloaded and got a free boost so i used it to make a commando and im on defeat Vaylin's spirit i never stopped at a trainer at all from 65-70 having a heck of a time killing her.. my question is can i port some were to train then go back to that part? if so how would i go about doing that? or am i SOL ?

thanks

I don't know about the trainer part, you will probably have to repeat a LITTLE bit of the chapter but I doubt you'd have to start over from the beginning.

I'm putting some tips for defeating Vaylin in "spoiler" tags, just click the "spoiler" icon to see them:

First, a commando is a ranged class. Vaylin is surrounded by an aura that reflects ranged attacks. Make sure you stand inside that purple aura. Yes, you have to stand nose to nose with her and use your attacks from melee range.

Second, in the previous chapter, did you release Lord Drammath? If yes, there's nothing you can do about that now, but if you kept him imprisoned, he appears in the fight as a companion that can heal you.

Third, if you did release Drammath, you can still heal yourself; there will be random "memories of healing" floating around and you can run through them for a healing buff. DO THIS SPARINGLY, however, because the fastest way to defeat Vaylin is to run AROUND those auras and get Vaylin to run into them-- they do lots of damage to her.

Fourth, her attacks build stacks of a certain buff that you can see on her character icon. When it hits 30 stacks she will begin channeling an ability. There will be a colored reticule on the ground with a wide radius showing its area of effect. Get out of the area of effect ASAP because it does a huge knockback, and will frequently knock you off the edge of the battle area.

Following these tips should help you more than visiting a trainer. Unless you have just a small handful of abilities, which you shouldn't if you started at level 65 via a token.