Cathar fem-trooper and Aric romance question

PaniMauser

When I played trooper for first time about a year ago and romanced Aric (my trooper is a cyborg), in the end he told her about Cathar traditions of having a mate for life and also said that since they cannot have children naturally, they could adopt some.

Was this dialog changed for cathar female troopers? Or is it the same way as with, say, chiss smuggler - some stupid dialogs occurring because this particular race was not meant to be playable for this class? Just wondering if I should roll another femtrooper to have proper cathar+cathar romance and potential kittens in the future, or better not, so I avoid some facepalming? Had enough of it on my chiss smuggler.

I know, RP and fanfics exist, but for them I do not need to play the class againXD

I'm not sure. I have a FemTrooper who I made Cathar just because I wanted to, but I haven't gotten nearly far enough to know one way or the other for sure. I also don't know if anyone can answer this question as the Cathar are a very new species and it takes time to progress through an entire class story. If someone does know the answer, I'd be delighted to know as well.

However, my first instinct would be "no", simply because the lines are already recorded and its not a big enough deal to go and change a few words when the spirit will remain the same. They may have pre-recorded the lines for a Cathar/Cathar romance in anticipation for the eventual species release, but again, I doubt it.

I have a friend that finished the trooper storyline - yet again(!!!) - this past Monday and when I asked if the dialogue was different, having in mind his trooper was a female character, he told me it was EXACTLY the same as it was before, with the all adoption talk.

It should be noted though, that he changed her race midway the experience so I have no idea whatsoever if this has any bearing... I seriously doubt it to be honest and it's not like it would be the first time you'd experience the odd paradox here and there, when it comes to dialogue bits.

I still remember this one where my pure-blooded Sith Inquisitor told HK that he didn't have a single drop of Sith pure-blood.

I still remember this one where my pure-blooded Sith Inquisitor told HK that he didn't have a single drop of Sith pure-blood.

Oh, those Sith. Always with the practical jokes on unsuspecting assassin droids.

None of the dialogue has been changed for Cathar(s)

When 2.1 went live I made a Cathar Sith Warrior and a Cathar Trooper.

Early on with the Cathar Trooper an NPC on Ord Mantell explained what a Cathar is to my Cathar Trooper.

I imagine this sort of thing will become more annoying on when I'm on Taris as my Sith Warrior since there is alot of dialogue from NPCs about Cathar.

One of the devs stated that Cathar + more race specific dialogue is on the to do list. I imagine if they ever do get around to it they'll do it after they've added more species. They might start working on it now and possibly even finish recording race specific dialogues for all the current available races plus whatever other ones they think they'll add in the future, but I can't imagine that we'd see that anytime soon.

Thanks for replies! Kind of dissappoited, since cathar was the race you must buy and which you cannnot unlock by ingame means like Legacy races(I know, GTN, but still, someone had to buy it first to put it there).

Especially how devs said they kept postponing release of cathar because they wanted to make it 'special', so I was hoping they wold change some dialogs. Oh well:(

Maybe Aric just isn't fertile... :rolleyes:

At the very least it's a notion to consider from a rp perspective. Not everything's perfect, not everything will be perfect, but that's where our imaginations can sometimes fill in. Personally, I've played my trooper (and specifically designed her appearance) as having Cathar blood (this was pre-species release), with the notion of "we'll why couldn't two very similar humanoid species be able to procreate? Just food for thought, and my two cents.

Edit: lol, didn't see the reply right before mine :p great minds an' all that, I reckon.

Edited by xxforcardassia

They might not have dialogue now, but in the future they may change it to reflect a Cathar trooper's species better. It might not be possible for them to re-record lines they already have, but that couldn't keep them from doing it in the future.

• 7 months later...
It would be nice if some dialogue would react to your species. Because as funny as it make no sense. Like in first planet as trooper I get side quest about some Cathar thief and quest give give me all his monologue what Cathar is, and I like dude you really need check your eyes you missing all fur on my face.