Lana Beniko is probably the best character

Bxvx

She was pretty cool in SoR prelude and then you get to see a little bit of her on Yavin. But in FE I think she turned out to be an amazing character, not only you get her as a companion. Both sides get her and through your choices you either keep her a servant of the Empire, or you get her to turn sides and work for the Republic with you.

But my thing is she single-handedly saved you from dying in carbonite. Granted if you are a JK she has T7 an old companion of yours with her. None of your other companions came even close to helping you get out of that nightmare. She is ride or die regardless of if you romance her or not, I just really love the whole story it's great! Which makes the romance with her so much better, I kind of feel bad in a way for the old companion LI you break off to keep up with Lana.

But in all reality if you look at it from a, if something ever happens to me. Lana is going to be the first one through the door to rescue you. Having friends like that is a great thing!

Hm, well, sorry, but not to me.

She was good during SoR, during FE/ET, not so much, unless you're a fan of her and want to romance her. It got slightly better during Onslaught though.

She wasn't alone for the rescue, she worked with Theron during the 5 years nap, she was with Koth and HK for the escape and T7 for the rescue itself, and Senya joined too a bit later to save of all us from Knights. So giving her and her alone all the credit for it is kinda unfair to the other people involved.

Then, her being our only savior and champion when playing a pub character romancing Theron just doesn't make any sense, and him not being included at all makes even less sense for a field agent who was able to sneak on the most technologically advanced imperial destroyer for quite some time without being caught and who was then able to kill a member of the Dark Council, who was directly connected to the ship's systems.

If anything he'd probably have been less noticeable posing as a Zakuulan technician sneaking in the carbonite room than a Sith Lord storming in with a Pub Astromech that is very obviously not of zakuulan conception.

It would've made much more sense for both of them to be directly involved in the rescue. Maybe they should've used Theron instead of T7 actually.

Then, her being used where she doesn't belong is quite irritating at times, like her being in your room, watching you sleep when not romancing her and especially when your actual LI is in another room not far away (which is the case if you romance Theron, Koth, Jorgan, Kaliyo, Vette or Torian at the end of KOTET)...

Or her contacting the SIS at the begining of JUS, when there is both a former SIS agent and a former Republic soldier (who both happen to be friend with said SIS contact) in the Alliance that would be the most logical choices to contact the SIS (unless they're dead / exiled, but in that case Lana should only be there if both Theron and Jorgan are not there anymore)...

Why is she also at that point of the story (before Hearts & Minds where you have an option to tell Theron) the only one who knows of your true allegiance over other people your character would trust more than her like their LIs, especially when siding with the Republic, while she kept from our pub aligned character that the SIS has been trying to contact them for quite some times and very clearly wants you to side with the Empire ?

Lastly, her being ride or die no matter how you're interacting with her and looking like she's in love with your character, even when she know our character is romancing someone else, makes it look like her only purpose from KOTFE onward is to be some kind of perfect, universal girlfriend that everyone should romance so that they could get rid of all the other LIs to focus only on 1. Well her being the only LI available to all classes and genders that you can't kill or kick out also points to that being a possibility actually... I really liked interacting with her far more during SoR, where she felt to me more like an actual person with a personnal agenda, than in the later stories, where she suffers from weird writting choices to put her pretty much everywhere because they decided to give kill / exile options on the other characters that could've made more sense than her in some situations without wanting to actually adapt these parts according to the choice to kill / exile the characters or keep them around, and just went in a "they're gone for some so let's use Lana by default for everyone" direction, which in the end also negatively impact her own character to me.

Edited by Goreshaga

Koth got on my nerves with the whole "this is my ship" thing. I really wanted to kill him before I knew you could lol. I actually don't really like killing off companions, having more than the first 5 is cool to me. But if I would of known he leaves anyways I probably just would have killed him. I made an evil toon just to leave Theron to die after the Nathema Conspiracy but I did some research and read the letters Satele sends you if you do leave him and I just couldn't do it so I just take him back everytime no matter if their evil or not.
  • Haha 1

She was good during SoR, during FE/ET, not so much, unless you're a fan of her and want to romance her. It got slightly better during Onslaught though.

She wasn't alone for the rescue, she worked with Theron during the 5 years nap, she was with Koth and HK for the escape and T7 for the rescue itself, and Senya joined too a bit later to save of all us from Knights. So giving her and her alone all the credit for it is kinda unfair to the other people involved.

Then, her being our only savior and champion when playing a pub character romancing Theron just doesn't make any sense, and him not being included at all makes even less sense for a field agent who was able to sneak on the most technologically advanced imperial destroyer for quite some time without being caught and who was then able to kill a member of the Dark Council, who was directly connected to the ship's systems.

If anything he'd probably have been less noticeable posing as a Zakuulan technician sneaking in the carbonite room than a Sith Lord storming in with a Pub Astromech that is very obviously not of zakuulan conception.

It would've made much more sense for both of them to be directly involved in the rescue. Maybe they should've used Theron instead of T7 actually.

Then, her being used where she doesn't belong is quite irritating at times, like her being in your room, watching you sleep when not romancing her and especially when your actual LI is in another room not far away (which is the case if you romance Theron, Koth, Jorgan, Kaliyo, Vette or Torian at the end of KOTET)...

Or her contacting the SIS at the begining of JUS, when there is both a former SIS agent and a former Republic soldier (who both happen to be friend with said SIS contact) in the Alliance that would be the most logical choices to contact the SIS (unless they're dead / exiled, but in that case Lana should only be there if both Theron and Jorgan are not there anymore)...

Why is she also at that point of the story (before Hearts & Minds where you have an option to tell Theron) the only one who knows of your true allegiance over other people your character would trust more than her like their LIs, especially when siding with the Republic, while she kept from our pub aligned character that the SIS has been trying to contact them for quite some times and very clearly wants you to side with the Empire ?

Lastly, her being ride or die no matter how you're interacting with her and looking like she's in love with your character, even when she know our character is romancing someone else, makes it look like her only purpose from KOTFE onward is to be some kind of perfect, universal girlfriend that everyone should romance so that they could get rid of all the other LIs to focus only on 1. Well her being the only LI available to all classes and genders that you can't kill or kick out also points to that being a possibility actually... I really liked interacting with her far more during SoR, where she felt to me more like an actual person with a personnal agenda, than in the later stories, where she suffers from weird writting choices to put her pretty much everywhere because they decided to give kill / exile options on the other characters that could've made more sense than her in some situations without wanting to actually adapt these parts according to the choice to kill / exile the characters or keep them around, and just went in a "they're gone for some so let's use Lana by default for everyone" direction, which in the end also negatively impact her own character to me.

/agreed.

Note: The only reason she was the one rescuing you was because the writers wrote it that way. While not a fan of killing companions, due to the fact how they have dealt with a lot of the companions, Koth, etc. I think I would have killed her if there was an option. Too many times she got on my nerves.

Edited by casirabit

I think she's definitely one of the better support characters and companions in the game. Her VA is great and Lana as a character is perfect as the "right hand man" (or woman) of any leader. I can't say the same for Theron, though. Maybe if he wore something more appropriate to his role in the alliance I might be able to see it but as he is right now he feels a little out of place. Won't say it's poor casting but there are probly other characters that could fit his role better. Speaking of which, if only other support characters and companions could get the same work put into them as Lana has.

As a side note, it'd be nice if Lana and other kotfe/et comps could get some customizations like class companions do.

/agreed.

Note: The only reason she was the one rescuing you was because the writers wrote it that way. While not a fan of killing companions, due to the fact how they have dealt with a lot of the companions, Koth, etc. I think I would have killed her if there was an option. Too many times she got on my nerves.

This.

I don't think i'd kill her as i'm not a fan of kill options either, and it'd be pretty OOC for my mostly LS / neutral toons (unless she does something really bad, which is unlikely as she can't do anything wrong it seems), but if there was an option to send her back to the Empire i'd probably take it, just to not see her face again.

And maybe then the writters would have to pick the person who makes the most sense, instead of her by default if she's not there for everyone.

Koth got on my nerves with the whole "this is my ship" thing. I really wanted to kill him before I knew you could lol. I actually don't really like killing off companions, having more than the first 5 is cool to me. But if I would of known he leaves anyways I probably just would have killed him. I made an evil toon just to leave Theron to die after the Nathema Conspiracy but I did some research and read the letters Satele sends you if you do leave him and I just couldn't do it so I just take him back everytime no matter if their evil or not.

Koth doesn't "leave anyways". He only *leaves* if you ...

Blow the Spire in Chapter X with Kaliyo.

• 1 month later...
/agreed.

Same. I can't stand Lana. I would have killed her during the chapter she tells us to go talk to Valkorion then gets mad when we disappear.

Koth doesn't "leave anyways". He only *leaves* if you ...

Blow the Spire in Chapter X with Kaliyo.

Not really. Koth works on some sort of "hate points" system. Get enough "hate points", he leaves. I

let the Spire blow up on one character, and had that character react positively to Koth's anger over that, and

started to take decisions that respected Zakuulans, and he didn't leave.

Not really. Koth works on some sort of "hate points" system. Get enough "hate points", he leaves. I

let the Spire blow up on one character, and had that character react positively to Koth's anger over that, and

started to take decisions that respected Zakuulans, and he didn't leave.

Fair enough, although you're essentially agreeing that his departure is *conditional* rather than "leaves anyways".

Seems to me like you're being a bit unfair to the character. Apparently, you don't really hate who Lana is, but more so the position and consistency in which she appears. I don't think that a good relationship between Lana and a Pub character is as ridiculous as you make it seem, maybe bc I don't think Lana can be classified as just another "Sith Lord". I never really understood all those "Theron can be killed, so I want to kill Lana too" threads, and this comes from someone who loves Theron. I understand disliking how neutral her character became in KOTFE and how often she appears, but transferring that hate to the character itself seems strange. I just don't get why some people hate Lana so much.