We all just want to see the game succeed... right?

Kadin

Most people when they play a game and dont like it they simply stop playing and forget about the game. Its been a year and these same people are continuing to ***** and moan. Why? Because ultimately they want the game to succeed and are bitterly hoping it turns around for them. That is their inner secret they try to mask. Try as they must they will never fully hide it.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do want the game to do well even if I don't hang around much.

Although my wife is setting up a free account whenever the servers come back up so if she sticks around here I may just do so myself.

Nothing against the game why I only play for a few weeks here and there my main love is modding. I spend most of my time making mods for other games and come here and the MMO's I played before for a break from that.

But if this game does flop then it's less likely we'll see another major MMO from a big name developer (Elder Scrolls aside).

The Warhammer 40k one i've been waiting for since the 90's has been turned into a single player so my hopes are dashed on that. This is the last bastion of hope.

so u think blizzard will drop titan, because of this?,,will roberts drop star citizen?

no,,the edsel didnt end car industry,,nor ford,,but i hope other devs have learned from this

BW biggest mistake: they should NEVER have chosen SW as their first mmo,,they should have started with a

smaller title, to learn the basics of mmos, and then built on that

Most people do want to see it succeed , after all it is Star Wars ,because if it wasn't ..How many of you would still be around?

I personally feel that they went in the wrong direction for this game, should've been a console game with co-op online play from the get go. Instead they tried to make a single player online game and call it an mmo, and it failed on them.

yea it feels more like dragon age, than a real mmo

throw out the mmo parts, add save functions and more customization,,they would have had the BEST

RPG on the market

Most people when they play a game and dont like it they simply stop playing and forget about the game. Its been a year and these same people are continuing to ***** and moan. Why? Because ultimately they want the game to succeed and are bitterly hoping it turns around for them. That is their inner secret they try to mask. Try as they must they will never fully hide it.

Unless you look on the WoW forums. "Why SWTOR sucks and why we play the better game!!!" "They're going F2P! Ha! Losers! Must be failing!" They are just the louder voices those that left the game flock to and those that didn't HATE SWTOR when they left aren't as loud as those that do.

People that post generally want to see the game succeed. Cause there are plenty of places you can post on the forums that don't charge 15 bucks a month if all you want to do is argue and flame people. Many without mods allowing you to call them also sorts of names or use religion and politics to really inflame the argument.

Now if the game had increased its subs figures or stayed even few people would have grounds to say much. Still would of course but pretty much any negative argument (even if factual) would be able to be rebuffed by simply pointing to the 1.5 million players and the game being a massive sucess.

But when the game is hemeraging players, guilds are crumbling and people are off to play other mmo's or back to one with panders or just sitting waiting for elder scrolls or whatever to come out then you have to ask why. When the business model of the game goes from we feel we can charge a subscription because... to we are excited to announce free to play..... you have to ask why.

Then given the development time it takes to implament features into the game you also have to make the devs aware of what isn't working with enough time if they chose to do something about it. Waiting till you are bored witless by the game and then saying oh you need more end game is a little late. At least in the sence of them keeping you as a subscriber while you wait the months for them to come up with more end game content. So it may appear to the devs that people are saying things prematurely, that it isn't shown by their metrics. But players can see where things are going and if things don't change it will become a serious issue.

So yes people want it to succeed. They may even sound horribly negative for people still subscribing. But then if nothing changed in a few weeks or months (or when the next big MMO comes out) they will just leave. They have tried to explain the problem nothing is done so they move on.

Whether BW want the game to suceed as much I'm not so sure. With free to play being the answer I think it offers a different market to go after. Rather than the demanding subs paying gamer its the more causal gamer who will spend is 15 or 20 bucks in the cash shop. Play for a while get bored and move on. But hopefully there will be someone else to take their place and then you don't need end game content cause they are just playing through the first 50 levels and then moving on.

You are correct in that people want this game to succeed.

During the development this game was hyped to be the next great thing (very similar to the current patch for tommorrow), the videos were insanely awesome.

While the storylines are interesting and the gameplay IMO is pretty fun (i feel like a bounty hunter, right out the gate). The game took some obvious short cuts.

The first was the species options, just recolored faces. The problem is that has continued on to gear as well. The dreadguard is a new color black hole gear.

Gear has been a massive issue as well, not to mention the jedi outfit we all want is the one at the character creation screen for jedi knight, yet that is not available in game and we have no reason why.

No chat bubbles and a year has gone by and still my character cant sit a chair.

I could go on, but I think the point has been made.

The over all game is great, but its still missing a great deal of little things, small life conviences would go along way for SWTOR.

No matter what people argue about, they are here because they like this game just some people are annoyed because they cant toggle off their hood.

Ya, we want to see it succeed.

But- BW doesn't listen to constructive feedback (they did listen though to people whining about how amazing mercs and sorcs were pre-1.2, which led to a huge nerf and losing almost all of the two biggest class's playerbases- and these whines included people who hated how sorcs could bubble, one shot them, then stealth to get away- best feedback ever).

BW doesn't make good decisions either, ever. So, what do we have to hope for really? That BW is, after losing all the financial backing, their head honchos and most of their staff- is going to suddenly get a second wind? Even the f2p model looks more like a 'well, we gotta do it cuz other mmos that have failed do it' than what it should be, a last ditch effort to save the game.

I want to see the game do well, but when BW either doesn't or is simply atrociously incompetent- it feels like I'm betting on a horse that I happen to know intends to throw the race.

Ya, we want to see it succeed.

But- BW doesn't listen to constructive feedback (they did listen though to people whining about how amazing mercs and sorcs were pre-1.2, which led to a huge nerf and losing almost all of the two biggest class's playerbases- and these whines included people who hated how sorcs could bubble, one shot them, then stealth to get away- best feedback ever).

BW doesn't make good decisions either, ever. So, what do we have to hope for really? That BW is, after losing all the financial backing, their head honchos and most of their staff- is going to suddenly get a second wind? Even the f2p model looks more like a 'well, we gotta do it cuz other mmos that have failed do it' than what it should be, a last ditch effort to save the game.

I want to see the game do well, but when BW either doesn't or is simply atrociously incompetent- it feels like I'm betting on a horse that I happen to know intends to throw the race.

And, see, that's the thing. SWTOR is at #2 now. It had no reason to go free to play as its fine where it is. Sure, bring in new players. But one thing WoW does better than SWTOR is advertisement. SWTOR needs to let its audience know its out there.

Yeah, that´s quite obvious. They care about their vision, not about what the players wanted.

Considering some of the staff exodus at BioWare I am suspicious that there are other factors at play.

I personally think they could make a lot of people happy just by polishing up a lot of their half done features.

Moddable gear was supposed to be the custom appearance system, but tons of gear isn't moddable, a lot of moddable gear is class restricted preventing its use on companions, mod pulling costs are stupidly high, and many visual sets are incomplete, or the belt/bracers/boots that match are non-moddable.

Codex could have been part of an achievement system with goals to reach, but its so broken you don't know what you can or can't find, and the tell us to bug it. How the heck am I supposed to know if something in it isn't in the game or I just suck at finding it?

Ships should have had the space designed better and should have been housing, instead they are just stages for giant holoterminals that seemed to be an afterthought, you can still see the smaller original holoterminals on most ships.

Same gender romance was promised for this year back in Feb, doesn't look like its going to make it.

Chat bubbles still MIA.

So yeah, completing and polishing what they gave us would, I think, go a long way to making the game better.

lol, puh-leaze.

The game isn't even in the Top#5 list of most played MMOs anymore.

More like #7 or#8, with luck

Damn, EVE is more popular and that used to be "niche".

Really? That's surprising. Pray tell, where do you get this information from exactly? Is there a list somewhere?

Really? That's surprising. Pray tell, where do you get this information from exactly? Is there a list somewhere?

Lots of lists actually, all telling a different story depending on what someone is looking for.

Heres one example that involves there own system of measuring active players:http://www.xfire.com/genre/mmo/massively_multiplayer_online/

Heres one example based on factual data:http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-2.png

*Note* Swtor is not actually on this one because the last factual data showed it above 1 million active subs.

Update:Found one for 1 million and above:http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png

Edited by Codek

Describing yourself?

99% of your posts are about spreading negativity.

You're the opposite extreme of Andryah.

Im negative because, imo, the game is a pile of trash. It launched about as basic as it can get and there have been little improvements upon it, in the span of an entire year. Highlights of improvements:

Group finder

Ranked Warzones

Half baked legacy

and of course the biggest one: Cash Shop.

Thats why Im negative. What you positive folk dont understand is... being negative doesnt mean I dont want the game to improve. Im negative because I WANT THE GAME IMPROVED. So far.... it has not. It has gone down hill.

lol, puh-leaze.

The game isn't even in the Top#5 list of most played MMOs anymore.

More like #7 or#8, with luck

Damn, EVE is more popular and that used to be "niche".

There is recent MMO data that can actually be cited out there (even found a thread on here with the URL) that states it is second to WoW indeed. Just based on US numbers though.

Lots of lists actually, all telling a different story depending on what someone is looking for.

Heres one example that involves there own system of measuring active players:http://www.xfire.com/genre/mmo/massively_multiplayer_online/

Heres one example based on factual data:http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-2.png

*Note* Swtor is not actually on this one because the last factual data showed it above 1 million active subs.

Update:Found one for 1 million and above:http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png

The XFire one, I could wrong, but I thought that was how many accounts there accessed the game. The second one is a little outdated and I wasn't talking about active players more like subscribers. And considering Marvel Super Hero Squad Online (hey it has 4 mil registered players) isn't on there, I guess they pick and choose. EDIT: And all the other games are rated worldwide compared to SWTOR on the west operation. I was talking about western data. I may not have had that aforementioned in my last post. If so, my bad.

Edited by KnighteStar

Don't worry, people who liked SWG will continue to get absolutely nothing of interest from Bioware.

By now I'm convinced BW shares the same hate for every possible SWG feature like you do.

I don't agree with this. Many of us actually love(d) both games equally. Sure they're both very different in game play but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy them both. I for one loved SWG and actually like TOR almost as much. SWG will be hard to beat honestly but I don't think it has to... for me.

Well, if people really are here just to watch the game crash and burn for their own amusement...I do believe there is a special place in Gamer Hell for people like them.

Trapped in a never ending PvP scenario with noob gear and constantly being taunted by mean spirited players, without the ability to ignore or respond.

This is just awesome. :D:D

Edited by Kadin

I wanted this game to succeed. I'm not so sure now. Maybe I've just come to accept that it can't, not on the level that it had the potential too, or maybe I'm just sick of Bioware/EA's ethics in the whole thing. I think I've finally stopped caring whether or not this game will improved; it kept me happy for a while and I got my money's worth, but I doubt I'll get much more than that anymore.

Yes, we want the game to succeed but BioWare is going out their way to screw things up. It's strange considering they're usually a good company when it comes to their games.

Extremely poor armor designs as well as poor decisions lately have players wondering what's up. Let's hope they're not bringing in Pandas next as it seems they're going the way of Blizzard, lately.

Something is going on behind the scenes no one knows about, except them.

Edited by RikHar

There is recent MMO data that can actually be cited out there (even found a thread on here with the URL) that states it is second to WoW indeed. Just based on US numbers though.

Yeah because only the US exists...

Looking at the big picture again you would have to be blind not to see that there is a lot of room for improvement. It is up to Bioware to get thier heads out of the sand and move on to making this game attract the kind of attention this IP warrants because now that Disney owns Lucas, you can bet they have no no issues scrapping that contract and finding another studio to make a better game. Disney doesn't let people squander IPs.

Yeah because only the US exists...

Looking at the big picture again you would have to be blind not to see that there is a lot of room for improvement. It is up to Bioware to get thier heads out of the sand and move on to making this game attract the kind of attention this IP warrants because now that Disney owns Lucas, you can bet they have no no issues scrapping that contract and finding another studio to make a better game. Disney doesn't let people squander IPs.

SWTOR doesn't have a China based operation. WoW and other games do. So, for a fair comparison, yeah, only the United States exists. If we want an even fairer comparison, compare subscriptions from Europe and United States and SWTOR worldwide (which is essentially the same thing). No one has done it before (at least I don't think so). Maybe we should.

Long live SWTOR!

I think the developers have done a good job with the new content so far, as well as with the FTP. A lot of people seem to be complaining for the sake of complaining, but this is definitely a step in the right direction for the devs. They'll be able to continue improving the game, and making new content, and I'm going to stick around.