Bounty Hunter Story Act 1 end question: spoiler

NinteyNines

Question for BH's that have completed ACT 1. When you got to Taro Blood and found him in the prison on the ship how did you handle it? I chose the option of shooting him when I opened the prison door. I felt as if he did not deserve an honorable death. Anyway, as he dies he says "I knew you were a coward" or somthing to that effect. Then I get negative affection points from Mako. The same Mako that has been obsessing over killing since the start of the game. Didn't make sense to me. Nothing happened after that, we went on our way and killed the jedi etc.

My question is, what happens if you let him out and fight him?

I know I picked the Light Side choice, and I don't recall having to fight him. IIRC, I think you just leave him in the cell and let him blow up with the ship.

Same. I let him die in the crash. i received positive Karma from Mako too.

Maybe dying in the crash in a locked cell was considered a dishonorable death?

There's an option to let him out so that you can have an honorable fight. Once Tarro is beaten, you have the same light-side option to leave him wounded on the ship to die, without upsetting Mako. You get positive Mako points at a couple of the extra dialogue options along that path, as well.

What I don't get is why Mako gets upset when you kill him. She obsesses over killing him the entire game. Then when you do she gets pissed.

you're going to kill him anyway. it's not the killing she dislikes. it's how you do it. you don't have to get as low as he was.

i let him come out and fight me honorably, won in a "fair" fight an then i let him die ^^

Oh and don't forget you can always press ESC during the dialogue to reset it and try again another option. i do this regularly if i get minus points or just no affection points from mako.

you're going to kill him anyway. it's not the killing she dislikes. it's how you do it. you don't have to get as low as he was.

i let him come out and fight me honorably, won in a "fair" fight an then i let him die ^^

You see, that's where I disagree. I don't hink he deserved an honorable death. It was justice. Maybe I just expected a little gratitude lol.

• 3 weeks later...
no, he doesnt even deserve to get out of his cell according to her. she likes it if you just leave him in the cell to die-according to her, he doesnt deserve an honorable death, even if its just letting him out of the cell and shooting him(quite true imo) Edited by Jedikillar

It's not about deserving it's about showing you are better than some low-class cheap bounty hounter like Tarro Blood and showing you are a true mandalorian

( fighting for/with Honor)

Theres also a dialogue option that proves this : when you let Tarro get Armed he says " Hah you idiot you should never give up your advantage " and you say something like "I fight with honor Tarro "

I let him out, fought him after he got geared up then finished him off for good.

Why?

To prove once and for all I was superior and beat his ego into oblivion before finishing him off for good.

I thought he might spout some crap about me being afraid to face him or some coward crap if I'd just shot him outright, and as it turns out from seeing you guys he does say that.

He thought I wasn't "mandalorian" enough when I let him get geared up, heh, right...who's the smoking corpse on the deck? Oh yeah...

I didn't look at it as an "honorable" death, I just really wanted to beat him down and devastate him, it's more cruel than just shooting him outright I think, prolonging the inevitable, making him realize his own inferiority and insignificance as his own health ticks down...then finally, kill him when he has lost and completely done for.

It felt good, kicking his *** after all this time and utterly crushing his spirit.

I liked my choice, I think mako didn't mind it too much if at all.

I left him to die on the ship (though I do wonder if he'll come back again later). I felt he was so cowardly that I left him to die a coward's death. Let him know he wasn't even worth my time or the cost of a bullet. Glad Mako agreed.

Heh, I totally spoiled myself reading this, but I'm sorta glad I did, now I can ponder what I want to do when I get there. :p

As things stand right now, my BH would let him out and fight him fair, to prove to him (and to herself...) once and for all that she's a better hunter, a better fighter and a better Mando. I'm torn between the option to finish him off and leaving him wounded to die on the ship, with some time to reflect on how she just kicked his ***. Petty, perhaps, but hard to say he doesn't deserve it...

The reason Mako disapproves of you opening the cell and killing him is not because you killed him, but because you killed him in the same way he would've killed you if the roles were reversed. She disapproves of your method, not your goal, because you don't prove yourself to be any better than Tarro Blod.

Letting him out and gear up to have a manly 1on1 and then defeating him proves not only that you are the better being, but it also proves that you are the better hunter and that he is nothing. It is even more epic if you put Mako on passive.

I do however think Gault would approve of killing him in his cell :p

EDIT: Also note that Mako approves of you leaving Tarro Blod to bleed out on the floor(which ridiculously enough is a light-side choice!

Edited by B-E-T-A

The reason Mako disapproves of you opening the cell and killing him is not because you killed him, but because you killed him in the same way he would've killed you if the roles were reversed. She disapproves of your method, not your goal, because you don't prove yourself to be any better than Tarro Blod.

Letting him out and gear up to have a manly 1on1 and then defeating him proves not only that you are the better being, but it also proves that you are the better hunter and that he is nothing. It is even more epic if you put Mako on passive.

I do however think Gault would approve of killing him in his cell :p

EDIT: Also note that Mako approves of you leaving Tarro Blod to bleed out on the floor(which ridiculously enough is a light-side choice!

Mako also approves of letting him die in his cell, which is quite the honorless death (also probably also something that he would have done to you).

I wasn't about to give him a chance to run away so I shot him dead in his cell. His words meant nothing to me, I wasn't a Mandalorian anyways. He was my opponent in the Great Hunt and a coward to the bone. So he died like one.

I just wish I could have ground in that while he'd sacrificed his 'noble' Alderaanian heritgate to become a Mando, the filthy alien scum he saw me as now *was* an Alderaanian baroness.

Then I skipped merrily off, burned down a Jedi, won the Great Hunt, got inducted into the Mandalorians and am now a notorious name across the galaxy. Tarro Blood's hell is watching me become everything he wanted to be.

Same. I let him die in the crash. i received positive Karma from Mako too.

Maybe dying in the crash in a locked cell was considered a dishonorable death?

This, he failed his mission and was captured, let him die a failure. Lightside points, and Mako affection.

Remember that Mako likes BH lore an honor -- a BH groupie so to speak -- An having the the coward that killed her mentor die an abject failure is a big plus for her.

If I remember right Mako wanted me to leave him in there to rot, but I let him get his armor and fight me.

Think I said something like, "Time to shut you up for good." or something like that, which gave +15 to Mako

He called me an idiot for letting, "my better" get his armor, how he would have just shot me right away. I told him, "I fight with honor." which gained affection with Mako as well.

When I'm standing over him at the end, I chose the dark side option. Tarro is going on with this, "How could it happen," rant.

Mako suggested just leaving him there and letting him get blown to pieces. But choosing the DS option, my guy said

"This is for Braden, Jory, and Sough.." listing off the people Tarro has killed or how he's tried to stop you. It culminates with the camera on your face as you hear your gun go off.

• 2 years later...

I used Gault for most of the assault, but brought Mako in for the Final cause I figured she would have something to say about it. I expected to let her pull the trigger, or somethong.

Just wasting a bullet on him gives blood more respect that Mako thinks he deserves. I left him in his cell and walked away.

She liked that. We had better men to face in the Republic scum defending the ship. To shoot Blood would even dishonor those brave souls.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
What I don't get is why Mako gets upset when you kill him. She obsesses over killing him the entire game. Then when you do she gets pissed.

I always leave Mako on the ship for the rest of the game once the other companions become options. She's a good kid, but she doesn't have the heart for field work. Let her stay on the bridge and find me jobs.

I haven't reached this moment in the story yet on my current playthrough, but I'm experimenting with an ethical approach that eschews Jedi and Sith moralism entirely. "Bounty Hunters make their own rules," after all, and this character's rule is that she always sticks to the job once accepting it. The result, so far, has been a pretty neutral character, as measured by the game's alignment system. I may let Tarro rot in his cell this time around, for no other reason that venting my personal animosity toward him would be a distraction from the real target on the ship's bridge.

Edited by Allegos