Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Decorations: Signs leaving a note for key holders to read while the owner is offline

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Decorations: Signs leaving a note for key holders to read while the owner is offline

Falensawino
01.04.2019 , 05:12 PM | #1
Do decorations that work like Minecraft signs exist? Has to have been suggested before.

The most basic form of labeling and leaving instructions in player housing. Can you imagine Minecraft without signs?

www.minecraftdls.com/wp-content/uploads/moarsigns_text.png
The most wretched hive of troll and villainy

Refer a Friend Link

Xina_LA
01.09.2019 , 09:35 AM | #2
I like the idea of a message board, a wall "sign" where the stronghold owner can leave a message for visitors. I'd be worried about letting guests leave notes that can be seen by other guests, because the trolls would quickly make us regret putting up the signs.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

VelvetSanity
01.10.2019 , 07:41 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
I like the idea of a message board, a wall "sign" where the stronghold owner can leave a message for visitors. I'd be worried about letting guests leave notes that can be seen by other guests, because the trolls would quickly make us regret putting up the signs.
I think that would only become an issue in strongholds that are open to the public, considering that if it’s not, then everyone who has keys is a friend or guildmate (large enough guilds would likely have the same troll issue as public strongholds).

That said, this is a great idea! Maybe you could either toggle who’s allowed to leave notes (self/guild/friends/anyone) or set it so only people with a gold/silver key can leave a note.
Pre-CU Bria refugee
Syvari Lun - Cathar Jedi Sage
Darth Vaccina - Twi’lek Sith Sorceress

Xina_LA
01.10.2019 , 10:21 PM | #4
Okay, so the security issues could be worked out.

My question now is... how is this different from the mailbox?
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

VelvetSanity
01.14.2019 , 01:18 PM | #5
Hmm.

Mailbox: one person sends a message to one recipient, nobody else will ever see it.

Sign/bulletin board: one person puts a note on it, *everyone* that clicks on it (or enters the SH, if it functions like a MOTD) sees it.

How is it remotely similar to the mailbox?
Pre-CU Bria refugee
Syvari Lun - Cathar Jedi Sage
Darth Vaccina - Twi’lek Sith Sorceress

xmarcusprimex
01.22.2019 , 12:30 AM | #6
Leave an option on it to report it for inappropriate content. That could work.