Premades aren't the real issue in PUG 65 PvP

OldRepublicRevan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's those silly ranked premade teams spanking the unranked premade groups back to the pug 65 que. So remember kids, when you see a premade in an unranked pug game it's because they're still not good enough for ranked :)

Or they prefer objective pvp on other classes besides sorcerers lol

Or they prefer objective pvp on other classes besides sorcerers lol

Pretty much this ^

And also, i dont know how many times i got "Premade losers" thrown at me by opponents, when doing wz's with guildies in a bigger guild i was in. What these poor "flamers" dont understand though, is that our guild groups formed randomly without any consideration of classes etc, and with no use of external communication. In short, we were a premade PUG sharing nothing but a guildtag.

So yeah, sometimes premades aren't the real issue in PUG 65 PvP. Sometimes it's just that you suck =)

Edited by Twin

Half of the time when grouping for PVP I'm there just for the social aspect, not actually looking to wreck face. Just to have fun times with friends and guildies while chatting about random stuff, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who forms groups just to hang out together. Edited by Kiesu

Half of the time when grouping for PVP I'm there just for the social aspect, not actually looking to wreck face. Just to have fun times with friends and guildies while chatting about random stuff, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesnt form groups just to hang out together.

You aren't but none of the premade haters will ever believe that such a thing is possible sadly

You aren't but none of the premade haters will ever believe that such a thing is possible sadly

Yep. They think all premade players are jobles antisocials and/or 14 year old ugly kids with no real life.

Edited by Opaknack

Pretty much this ^

And also, i dont know how many times i got "Premade losers" thrown at me by opponents, when doing wz's with guildies in a bigger guild i was in. What these poor "flamers" dont understand though, is that our guild groups formed randomly without any consideration of classes etc, and with no use of external communication. In short, we were a premade PUG sharing nothing but a guildtag.

So yeah, sometimes premades aren't the real issue in PUG 65 PvP. Sometimes it's just that you suck =)

Yep, that's pretty much the type of Premades I run in

Half of the time when grouping for PVP I'm there just for the social aspect, not actually looking to wreck face. Just to have fun times with friends and guildies while chatting about random stuff, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who forms groups just to hang out together.

So only half the time? So at least 50% of it is dedicated to wrecking casuals? Why I wonder? Oh probably cause as good as you are the ranked are still above your skill level :)

Or they prefer to play pvp instead of searching, asking and waiting 1 hour.

Right.....so instead of searching for a real challenge to try and better ones self they choose to wreck players still trying to learn pvp....yup sounds like an above average pvper that couldn't handle it in ranked wzs.

Edited by OldRepublicRevan

Right.....so instead of searching for a real challenge to try and better ones self they choose to wreck players still trying to learn pvp....yup sounds like an above average pvper that couldn't handle it in ranked wzs.

Ranked, and 4v4 in general is *********** boring as all hell. Group ranked BARELY pops even on the popular PVP servers. This is an MMO, people play with their friends. Stop being antisocial and do the same.

On topic, I don't mind if people run premades, but I can understand the frustration when people run comps like: 2 balance sages, 1 seer sage, 1 shield tech VG.. if you're playing a trinity comp, FOTM group, then yeah, that's obnoxious even if you're doing it just to hang out with your friends.

Ranked, and 4v4 in general is *********** boring as all hell. Group ranked BARELY pops even on the popular PVP servers. This is an MMO, people play with their friends. Stop being antisocial and do the same.

On topic, I don't mind if people run premades, but I can understand the frustration when people run comps like: 2 balance sages, 1 seer sage, 1 shield tech VG.. if you're playing a trinity comp, FOTM group, then yeah, that's obnoxious even if you're doing it just to hang out with your friends.

If they need to run a trinity premade in pugs to win, then there is something wrong with their skill lvl

The only reason you think they're boring is because you probably get your face wrecked consistently. Blame it on the que time, the lag, the population, blame it on w/e you like but, it won't change the real reason you and others like you don't que.....it's cause you all are scared af to see your rankings drop. Everyone too scared to take a loss in ranked wzs so they stick to regular pvp where there is no penalty for losers.

Edited by OldRepublicRevan

The only reason you think they're boring is because you probably get your face wrecked consistently. Blame it on the que time, the lag, the population, blame it on w/e you like but, it won't change the real reason you and others like you don't que.....it's cause you all are scared af to see your rankings drop. Everyone too scared to take a loss in ranked wzs so they stick to regular pvp where there is no penalty for losers.

that's generalizing someone that isn't particularly known as a "scared" player. He's probably a lot better than you think.

that's generalizing someone that isn't particularly known as a "scared" player. He's probably a lot better than you think.

If he's as 'good' as you're making him out to be then we shouldn't see him in regular pvp. He should be with the elite players in ranked. Alas he is here advocating his reasoning for hiding among the casuals and noobies, just out of targeting range of any ranked players.

If he's as 'good' as you're making him out to be then we shouldn't see him in regular pvp. He should be with the elite players in ranked. Alas he is here advocating his reasoning for hiding among the casuals and noobies, just out of targeting range of any ranked players.

I understand your theory and logic here, but you have to understand that there truly are people who enjoy 8v8 style maps in pvp on swtor.

Also, you cannot deny that certain classes enjoy vast advantages over other classes. From what I understand, concealment ops aren't exactly the most favored spec in ranked.

There are so many reasons why people do not participate in ranked. Being afraid could be one, but that's one amongst countless other reasons that exist.

hard to call in these cases. I know for a fact that many premades/guilds q-sync to get their precious super-q. that is douche behavior designed to circumvent the 4m premade limit and manipulate the queue. on the other hand, if you just end up on the same team as another premade, what are you supposed to do? what usually happens is an arms race wherein more guilds do it, and the problem gets exacerbated (because you get a higher frequency of 8m premade vs. anything else matches).

edit: I don't see the point in cursing out the premades. just leave, man. it's the only recourse that BW affords you, and they do afford it. everything else about their (lack of) matchmaking is terrible. but they give you the option to leave. or sit there against an 8m and feed your anger. iunno. maybe you're a big RP guy. w/e.

Edited by foxmob

And pray tell, how dose a fear of losing ranking work if I never do any sort of rank at all? surly then there is nothing for me to be afraid of making your point moot. Fact is arena matches are boring, win or lose there is no point if it is just a deathmatch game. But of cause the people like you will never belive that, because you have convinced yourself that your viewpoint is the only correct one and nothing will even nudge that mindset.

I am pretty bad, but I've just never enjoyed "deathmatch" styles of gameplay, especially in this sort of game. In some shooters, yeah, it can be fun.

In an MMO or something like Overwatch, I much prefer to fight for an objective. Parsing on a target and occasionally stunning someone and switching targets isn't fun to me.

Also... a lot of the "elite players" that you speak of don't do ranked, either. A fair amount of the people near the top ranked tier of their class are either being carried by their class or are getting extremely lucky with the queues.

Edited by QuiveringPotato

you, sir, are a hypocrite.

let me explain this to you. I'm better than...let's say...80% of the pvpers in this game (I'm not but w/e). so my rating should reflect that, right? no. because YOU don't queue ranked. only the top 15% queue ranked. so every time I queue, I will lose. my ranking goes embarrassingly low. it's not a reflection of my skill in the game anymore at all. it's a reflection of YOUR cowardness. the fact of the matter is that ranked doesn't work because of the bad players not queuing. you get that, right? it's the lower 50%, who would lose more often than not no matter who's in the queue that dodge the ranked queue. that leaves only the good teams and the great teams. but w/o the *******s like you to feed on, the good teams look bad (like you). so they stop queuing too. now the queue is dead except for the top 2% of the population. why? the BAD players never queued in the first place.

eliminate reg queue. problem solved.

Edited by foxmob

People just need to worry about themselves. You aren't going to win every game and if your enjoyment is contingent on it being close, you aren't going to have a good time in PvP. Find a way to enjoy the game no matter what. Put on some good music, grab a friend or two to chat with (even if they aren't grouping with you), and if things get really bad, take a break.

There are many solutions to the problem, all of which are population dependent and that's the one thing the devs absolutely cannot fix on their own.