Inheritance Construction Kits items level up with character?

MrLeee

For the gear/weapons you buy with your Inheritance Construction Kits does the items level up with the character you put them on?

Example, I can get a level 14 lightsaber for my alt. When I level up my alt will the lightsaber level up also?

Edited by MrLeee

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no it doesn't appear they do, nor do they work for any character but that class, so if u have a sith warrior, and get one of those items, its only usable by a sith warrior, and no one else, nor does it have any slots or customization available, so as it stands, legacy items are totally and utterly useless Edited by Solgath

no it doesn't appear they do, not do they work for any character but that class, so if u have a sith warrior, and get one of those items, its only usable by a sith warrior, and no one else, nor does it have any slots or customization available, so as it stands, legacy items are totally and utterly useless

Well damn that sucks! They should atleast level with your character!

Thanks for the info!

• Dev Post
no it doesn't appear they do, nor do they work for any character but that class, so if u have a sith warrior, and get one of those items, its only usable by a sith warrior, and no one else, nor does it have any slots or customization available, so as it stands, legacy items are totally and utterly useless

Hey everyone, just a clarification - when you receive your Inheritance Construction Kit, you should mail it to the character in your Legacy that you'd like to give the weapon to. The in-game mail that accompanies the Construction Kit contains instructions. The character you mail it to can then redeem the Kit on Dromund Kaas or Coruscant to receive the item! You should not redeem the Kit on your main character, as you'll receive an item for that character's class.

Edited by AllisonBerryman

Well the orange sets are a source for moddable belts and bracers at least, though without augment slots.

The other ones are supposed to provide a low level boost to new alts.

Got it, thanks

I was wondering.... now I see it... cool :)

It isnt so much for the character that receives it, but the young alt he gives it too.

Edited by Dayln

Hey everyone, just a clarification - when you receive your Inheritance Construction Kit, you should mail it to the character in your Legacy that you'd like to give the weapon to. The in-game mail that accompanies the Construction Kit contains instructions. The character you mail it to can then redeem the Kit on Dromund Kaas or Coruscant to receive the item! You should not redeem the Kit on your main character, as you'll receive an item for that character's class.
Oh, well, crud. I didn't get that sense when reading the mail. Not sure if it wasn't clear or if I just misread it. :jawa_frown: (I do recall the mail was missing a verb or helping verb, so maybe that what distracted me.) It's gone now, so I can't tell.

What is the long-term mission of the legacy item? Is it simply to help one character level up easier? I have eight characters, two of which have received the Legacy item. Was the goal for one person to level up (to 32, for example), receive a Legacy kit and send that kit to the next character you made so the new character could level up, receive a new kit to send to the next character in line? Or is the intention for this one legacy item to be inherited from one character to the next?

Oh, well, crud. I didn't get that sense when reading the mail. Not sure if it wasn't clear or if I just misread it. :jawa_frown: (I do recall the mail was missing a verb or helping verb, so maybe that what distracted me.) It's gone now, so I can't tell.

What is the long-term mission of the legacy item? Is it simply to help one character level up easier? I have eight characters, two of which have received the Legacy item. Was the goal for one person to level up (to 32, for example), receive a Legacy kit and send that kit to the next character you made so the new character could level up, receive a new kit to send to the next character in line? Or is the intention for this one legacy item to be inherited from one character to the next?

Might have to complete chapter 1 to get one, that is the unlock point for your first character to unlock the legacy system so that may be where your toons need to be to get the kit?

Just spitballing here.

Might have to complete chapter 1 to get one, that is the unlock point for your first character to unlock the legacy system so that may be where your toons need to be to get the kit?

Just spitballing here.

:jawa_confused: Two of my characters have received the kit; one is 50, the other is 37. Receiving the kit from BioWare wasn't my real concern - it was figuring out the long-term mission of the Inheritance Kits items.

I like the idea of BtL, but since having certain stats effectively makes an item only useful for one class or AC, as they have it implemented now it's pretty useless. If the items were higher level, like upper 30s or 40s, then you would at least be able to use them for a while, but a level 14 item is probably only going to be useful for two or three hours at most. If the legacy items morphed stats based on who was holding them, then they might be kind of useful, since you could pass them around.

Also, the free one is nice, but the costs of the kits for the other pieces are completely out of whack with reality given that it's an unmoddable level 14 item.

Edited by XavinNydek

I'm confused. So I recieved this "Inheritance Mainhand Weapon Construction Kit" when I logged on today with my level 50 Smuggler. What do I do with it? I have a low-level Bounty Hunter, can he use it and when?

Edit: And HOW does he use it?

Edited by omNOMNOMinator

I think if the item was allowed at level 10 or 11, then it would be more helpful. Allowing it at level 1-9 could interfere with the stories (for those force users who have to make or obtain their own). Having the weapon being effective for 5-7 levels would be much better than 1-3.

I'm confused. So I recieved this "Inheritance Mainhand Weapon Construction Kit" when I logged on today with my level 50 Smuggler. What do I do with it? I have a low-level Bounty Hunter, can he use it and when?

Edit: And HOW does he use it?

You mail it to the alt you want to have it. He trades it in at the capital city where legacy item vendors have been added.

yeah really appears Bioware missed the mark with these legacy items, when i heard about it myself i was like, cool heirlooms for my char that lvl as i do... but no, i feel so totally let down with this patch

So you are mad at Bioware for not implementing the feature you made up in your head?

So I would like to hear from the Bioware Team if these items are supposed to level with the character or not. If so do you have to level 1 time and do you have to use the item for the entire level to set the stats on the Item? Please Help. I just hit 45 last night on my alt so it will be a while before I hit 46.

So I would like to hear from the Bioware Team if these items are supposed to level with the character or not. If so do you have to level 1 time and do you have to use the item for the entire level to set the stats on the Item? Please Help. I just hit 45 last night on my alt so it will be a while before I hit 46.
They do not level with you. They are essentially a temporary assist in leveling.

Yes thanks, but first, the item is useless on any character you decide to send the kit to considering that with the Orange mainhand we get will at least be modable to level with us.

Although only a few will be something like me where my lowest character is level 17 I sent one kit to him and he went and checked out the legendary item and it was not even close. So the weapon you get at 14 you out grow by 17. Making it a waste of time to bother having to visit the mailbox.

Also for my Operative (as I commented in another post) between Backstab, shiv and laceration, I will use 4-5 times between all 3 before I need to use overload shot due to CD's and makes the legendary item useless as I rely as you see on my blade and not my gun.

Edit:

Don't get me wrong, so far I am enjoying everything else that legendary has to offer, just pointing out a flaw that I and I imagine others are seeing here.

Edited by Fizbanic