New Player with a question.

RGLane

I've recently gotten into the game and really enjoy it. I wish to get into PvP soon, but before I do, I need to upgrade my PC which is something I'm planning to do early summer. I want to PvP as a Sith and just was curious which Sith class/adv classes were the preferred in PvP?

For non-ranked it really doesn't matter as just about every spec can be made viable. It depends as to what you want to play like ranged dps, melee dps or stealth. Edited by cycao

Well if you don't really have any interest in ranked I would pick jug and play vengeance, I love the play style and is amazing when played right. Marauders have incredibly good defensive cooldowns and carnage is incredible burst potential but it's probably one of the hardest specs to play correctly.

Unranked are your normal warzones. You can get 8v8 or 4v4 arenas.

Ranked is 4v4 arenas only. Your wins and losses are tracked, which ends up giving you a "rating" (rank). You can view the leaderboards here. Naturally, you should really have a certain minimum gear before you do ranked. People tend to take ranked wins and losses more seriously since they are tracked. Since they are 4v4 only, each player is relying on their teammates even more heavily than 8v8. So, if somebody does ranked and has really bad gear...some people on his team may be a bit miffed.

I'm not an expert on what are the best classes for ranked, but my gut tells me that assassins and powertechs fare the best. Juggs and marauders are probably middle of the road. Sorcs and mercs are probably the hardest to play in ranked. If you want to go assassin, I believe that tanks, when played well, give their side a solid advantage. Often times in ranked you will see teams of 4 dps, so the side with the tank can move guard around and use taunts, making it a pain for the other side to kill anything - meanwhile, your dps are killing them fairly fast. I think assassin dps are pretty decent as well - I like my shadow as a hybrid middle and right tree (don't know what they are called for assassin).

If you want a sith melee, either jugg or marauder. Both are pretty easy to play. Assassin is probably a "hard mode" class; the learning curve is high and penalty for mistakes is severe.

Yeah, one time in a 1v1 I shocked before death-fielding and consequently only killed my target 5 globals instead of 4.

Yeah, one time in a 1v1 I shocked before death-fielding and consequently only killed my target 5 globals instead of 4.

Right, because 1v1 means anything in a wz. And if you can kill anyone in 4 GCDs, chances are he was bad and undergeared.

Edited by sithBracer