Commandos Aren't Tanks

DariusCalera

So quit wearing the Super Commando PvP armor.

Lately I have noticed a disturbing tend within the commando PvP community and that is the wearing of the Super Commando tanking armor.

This isn't just a Gunny/Assault commando problem but I have started seeing Medics wearing this as well and I want to know who, in their right mind, would ever think this was a good idea.

The "defensive stats" that are gained in no way make up for the dps and healing capabilities lost.

Seriously, the person that originally thought of this needs to be curb stomped and the ones that listened need to be curb stomped twice. Once for listening and once for believing it was a good idea.

Supercommando does not mean they are wearing it as it comes from the vendor.

The same way wearing a dress doesn't make you a jedi.

Heck, I wear level 30 orange gear. What am I really wearing?

I agree with Gyronamics. They could be using it for the looks.

The ones you saw, was the gear still modded with the orginal mods?

The last Combat Medic I saw in Supercommando gear said he'd swapped in Power modifications to boost his healing output.

But the use of tanking armor by some commando players is a sign that they are desperate to make their Advanced Class competitive in PvP, and lend it some modicum of survivability. People considering this should read up on the existing controversy around the effectiveness of tanking stats in PvP, and also remember that many of the benefits are dependent on equipping a shield (which commandos can't) instead of a generator, and on using Ion Cell (which commandos don't have) to boost the armor rating substantially.

The real issue is that Commandos of every spec are sitting ducks when focused by any other Advanced Class. Give commandos a fighting chance and they won't grasp at straws for a solution.

Edited by klham

Outfitting commandos with an escape ability is just one of the things that need to be done to make commandos viable in high-level PvP, but at this point I feel like it's all been said. We'll just have to wait and see what BW comes up with. Edited by klham

Supercommando does not mean they are wearing it as it comes from the vendor.

The same way wearing a dress doesn't make you a jedi.

Heck, I wear level 30 orange gear. What am I really wearing?

If it had just been the shells then I wouldn't have an issue. However they are wearing the armor with all of the original mods still equipped and I saw one CM that had a shielding relic.

Edited by DariusCalera

So quit wearing the Super Commando PvP armor.

Lately I have noticed a disturbing tend within the commando PvP community and that is the wearing of the Super Commando tanking armor.

This isn't just a Gunny/Assault commando problem but I have started seeing Medics wearing this as well and I want to know who, in their right mind, would ever think this was a good idea.

The "defensive stats" that are gained in no way make up for the dps and healing capabilities lost.

Seriously, the person that originally thought of this needs to be curb stomped and the ones that listened need to be curb stomped twice. Once for listening and once for believing it was a good idea.

Did you look closely at the mods? They might have gotten the armor for the looks and changed the inserts. Granted the set bonus won't be of much help, but more and more you see people customizing their look or trying to disguise themselves as a tank. But you may be right though, some people are just stupid.

Did you look closely at the mods? They might have gotten the armor for the looks and changed the inserts. Granted the set bonus won't be of much help, but more and more you see people customizing their look or trying to disguise themselves as a tank. But you may be right though, some people are just stupid.

Like I said, they were using the standard tanking mods in it. On top of that, disguises don't help much when you're carrying around an auto cannon.