1.5 PVE Marauder BiS Gear

Hatefury

With all buffs & stim, I've got almost exactly 30% critical hit chance, adding more, or less probably won't affect your overall DPS a whole lot.

Also, note that I've geared for Carnage Specc, which means that I've replaced almost all accuracy enhancements in my gear for Surge (Since i get 6% from talents) so if you're playing Annihilation, BiS gear will look a little different.

Edited by Hazchem

I run carnage also and have a pretty similar setup and stats. So I guess with carnage since most of our hits are big crits already we can sacrifice some crit % for more str/power/surge. However if you run an annihilation build you would want to jack that crit up and sacrifice some of the power/strength. Thanks for the info guys. Edited by Hatefury

Here's the link to my current gear setup. It's pretty close to BiS at this point, lacking a few armorings, and might replace an accuracy enhancement for a surge one.

400 surge is a fail, it diminishes a lot after 75%

Also, as carnage u need crit at 350-400

ok so from what I have seen it is optimal to have around 75% surge 32-35% crit with 102% accuracy and whenever possible str/power added in? Please correct me if I am wrong or off my numbers

There's no optimal amount of surge per se; it's just that once you hit 100% accuracy you might as well stack surge.

Actually crit percentage is irrelevant; aim for about 150 crit rating.

I use to run annihilation only and found that having ~120-140 crit rating (came out to about 27-28% melee crit) worked the best.

I have recently switched to carnage and been spending a great amount of time on the dummy perfecting my rotation, and trying to find that sweet point with crit... i beleive it lies at ~300-350 crit rating (will come to about 35% melee crit buffed), it may be a little bit more then that... it will be a few days before i get the chance of getting some more crit enhancements to play around with.

Since i am still perfecting the rotation i check the average damage of the hits of massacre, ataru form and ravage for a base line if the crit i just added out weighs the power that i lost... as long as i see a reasonable increase (if it is a small increase i say it isnt worth it due to the lost of damage on scream).

Once i get the rotation perfected to a T i will try to post a log, i am aiming for 2100 and i think i should be able to reach that in a 5 min fight.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/7024549c-3566-4f9c-82e8-c5a79dbae1d7

My sentinel, I've finally acquired enough bh coms to get my 2nd implant. I often switch between watchman (annihilation) and combat (carnage). The posted gear setup is for combat. When I respec to watchman I switch out the enhancements in my sabers from adept 27's (power/surge) to initiative 27's (power/accuracy)

also depending on the fight, I will switch out one of my war hero relics for a dread guard (on use) power relic.

Edited by OMGitsCHARLIE

400 surge is a fail, it diminishes a lot after 75%

Also, as carnage u need crit at 350-400

Any mathcraft or extensive testing to back that second statement up, or are you just talking out a certain unsavory orifice like most people who throw around numbers without explanation tend to do?