Did Vader ever try to clone Padme?

Slowpokeking

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder though, why Vader never thought of doing Emperor, cloning new body, and transfer his essence to new Vader 2.0. :)

If he did manage to do that, only luke at his prime would be able to stand in front of him and even then Vader would still be superior

If you consider what we know about cloning in the real world, you wouldn't need as much as a body part to collect DNA. Then take into account the advances of the Kaminoan scientists who made Jango clones. If Anakin / Vader had say, a brush with hair follicles, or an article of clothing with Padme's skin flakes. It may be possible to get DNA from them and produce a viable clone.

But really cloning the way they do it, is not a way to bring dead people back.

It would just create a new child that might look like the person whose clone it is when it grows up, but would not be the same person.

In the Star Wars universe the force causes a copy of the original personality to be imprinted on the new clone, so essentially it would be the same person, this even works after death.

The only downside is that if the person is force sensitive the clone will probably be crazy, if the original person is alive then the echoing of their lives via the force is maddening, if the original person is dead there is a significant chance they will remember dying, which is maddening.

I don't know if Padme was sensitive in any way to the force, but if she was this would explain why she wasn't cloned.

In the Star Wars universe the force causes a copy of the original personality to be imprinted on the new clone, so essentially it would be the same person, this even works after death.

The only downside is that if the person is force sensitive the clone will probably be crazy, if the original person is alive then the echoing of their lives via the force is maddening, if the original person is dead there is a significant chance they will remember dying, which is maddening.

I don't know if Padme was sensitive in any way to the force, but if she was this would explain why she wasn't cloned.

Actually the remberance of her death maybe one reason why it would have been impossible remember she died simply because after all that had happened she had lost the will to live its possible that any attempt to clone her would have just resulted in a dead clone since she would not have to will to survive the cloning proccess.

Edited by tunewalker

Actually the remberance of her death maybe one reason why it would have been impossible remember she died simply because after all that had happened she had lost the will to live its possible that any attempt to clone her would have just resulted in a dead clone since she would not have to will to survive the cloning proccess.

I don't think so, she would know Vader still have love in her, she is probably the only chance to turn him back to the light side, why wouldn't she live?

Actually I think the whole "lost the will to survive" is stupid.

I don't think so, she would know Vader still have love in her, she is probably the only chance to turn him back to the light side, why wouldn't she live?

Agree, Padme even cloned would be a potential threat to palpatine, and even if he managed to do it in secret, she wouldn't be the padme he knew just a clone

Well maybe when in a world where the force is what supposedly makes life losing the will to live may be in a way the force just draining out of her after all there was no scientific reason for her death the force is the only real explination if she died because of that then the clone would die in the proccess of cloning before it even fully developed enough thats just my explination though.

This doesn't seem accurate, since the Clone Troopers had a great degree of individuality, and all looked different through the Force.

This doesn't seem accurate, since the Clone Troopers had a great degree of individuality, and all looked different through the Force.

It's from the Thrawn Trilogy, paraphrased obviously, but the basic idea is that since the Force permeates us all, penetrates and binds us (Obi-Wan/Ben Kenobi), it has an effect on developing clones. However since the Clone Troopers were given genetic modifications and advanced neural programming during the process they would be altered, but a normal clone would be very similar to the original.

However it had a different effect on force users, for example Jorus C'baoth and his clone Joruus, and the weird effect that Luke's Clone (Luuke Skywalker) had on him, means that madness if pretty much inevitable for any force users involved.

Edited by AlexDougherty

How could he? Easily. Let me introduce you to this wonderful new technology: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shovel

More important question is why would he?

Ha Ha! XD That made be laugh. :D

And good question, why would he want to? Darth Vader choked his wife, the Anakin Skywalker that once loved Padme is gone. All that's left is regret, remorse and sadness. Bringing Padme back would only intensify these feelings and wouldn't work, as Padme loved Anakin, who is dead.

Do you really think she'd be happy when she sees that her husband has become? A monster entombed in irremovable armour, and fist of an evil Emperor and his galaxy spanning Empire which flies in the face of everything Padme believes in? She'd likely kill herself or flee.

Ha Ha! XD That made be laugh. :D

And good question, why would he want to? Darth Vader choked his wife, the Anakin Skywalker that once loved Padme is gone. All that's left is regret, remorse and sadness. Bringing Padme back would only intensify these feelings and wouldn't work, as Padme loved Anakin, who is dead.

Do you really think she'd be happy when she sees that her husband has become? A monster entombed in irremovable armour, and fist of an evil Emperor and his galaxy spanning Empire which flies in the face of everything Padme believes in? She'd likely kill herself or flee.

No, but she would try to bring him back to the light side, just like she said "There is still good in him".

Did Luke give up the hope on Vader because he's a monster entombed in irremovable armour, and fist of an evil Emperor and his galaxy spanning Empire which flies in the face of everything Luke believes in? NO.

Incorrect. It is a kind of, I don't know, disease, that affects Force sensitive clones. But normal clones will not be the same person, otherwise Boba would be Jango, and so would every of the millions of clone troopers. It doesn't work that way.