GSF is a broken Coded Game?

RandalR

Selling a Broken Product can open up a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.

HACKS or CHEATS? TECHNIQUE? EXPLOIT?

Yeah...when will I be satisfied GSF is a sound system to play?

Video Proof....Spawn is broken ,GSF is broken or HACKS are in USE and some

are trying to convince me, this is normal.

Sorry...I want a refund of all funds paid to SWTOR,,,you did not satisfy my complaint....so..

Any One Know Lawyers?????

Final Analysis: NAIL in the COFFIN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nwv45C96bQ

Pre COG NAIL in theCOFFIN...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESmbHLSin-c

Edited by RandalR

Addendum: Maybe this explains why GSF never was going to be or get Developed.

Or could not be Developed...since it began.

So much Develipong in this GAME everywhere BUT GSF...and GSF

to me,,was the BEST GAME in the WHOLE System...yet...it never was,,is,, or will be DEVELOPED FURTHER.

As I have heard......why?

Answer: Broken?

Not Working Properly?

Faulty Merchandise?

Sorry to be this way,,but am hurt, and when hurt, angry.

Betrayed is an awful thing to feel.

GSF has always worked consistently man. None of this is new in the slightest. The fact that:

> The game calculates hits when you click

> The game doesn't use the physical object to calculate hits (as X-Wing and TIE Fighter did)

> Missiles are "spells" that resolve in a finite time

Is very much in line with the mechanics that all of SWTOR has always had.

Edited by Verain

I think, someone's world view got destroyed right there. But just think about it, the stuff you just heard has been this way since the launch of gsf all that has changed is your knowledge about starfighter. So no reason to whine about anything.

You should rather be happy to learn new stuff about your favourite gamemode.

GSF has always worked consistently man. None of this is new in the slightest. The fact that:

> The game calculates hits when you click

> The game doesn't use the physical object to calculate hits (as X-Wing and TIE Fighter did)

> Missiles are "spells" that resolve in a finite time

Is very much in line with the mechanics that all of SWTOR has always had.

But when you spawn in the ground game, you actually have a buff called "log-in immunity" or "zoning-in immunity" that prevents not only enemies from hitting you, but also friendlies from healing or buffing you. Like, I can't even apply class buffs to a member of my group who is still "logging-in" or "zoning-in." I get a red "Target is immune" error message. This is even true in a pvp gameplay focus area, and has been present since launch of the game. It is unfortunate that the same immunity does not exist for GSF "hypering-in." Unfortunate in the sense that zone-in immunity wasn't carried over from the ground game, but ranged spells resolving in a finite time was. Both run counter to what we expect from a space shooter.

Of course, setting the throttle to zero wouldn't cause a ship in outer space/zero gravity/zero resistance environment to come to a complete stop, if we are mimicking reality. Ship movement and the throttle are more based on atmospheric flight rules than outer space rules, a holdover from the depicted movie experience anyway, because George thought it looked cooler. I guess you could argue that maybe Lost Shipyards has enough massive objects to create some degree of competing gravity, but starfighters should not behave identically in Kuat, Shipyards, Denon, and Iokath even assuming the latter two still have some planetary gravitational effects.

Still, its always been a bad idea to hyper-in to the spot where all the red dots are, regardless of whether they can target you prior to you actually being able to move. Nevertheless, I don't think its unreasonable to have a period of log-in immunity for "hypering-in" just like the ground.

On a side note, can we call protorps Magic Missiles now?;)

Being immune for a couple seconds on zone in would be just fine. I'm sure originally this wasn't considered because there were spawns available with turrets when the game was made (they had to be shut off because of the trivial strategy of "lead by one kill, park in capship, watch youtube with entire team"). There were, at the time, a lot of other proposals besides turning off capital ship turrets- I'd still prefer some of them to this day, as I wanted the degenerate play fixed without introducing TDM spawn camping.

But is any of this about the ability to be spawn camped? This thread is a giant rant about CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT because Randal R is taken by surprise about an immense amount of mechanics, including how laser to-hits are calculated, and that missiles are not physical objects that can collide with rocks or whatever. His interpretation that this is a "broken Coded Game" is not a useful discussion.

By contrast, addressing spawn camping in TDM is a great conversation to have. I think you could turn capital ship turrets on beyond a certain score delta, or make "advanced spawn locations" turn on at a certain score delta. The issue is that spawn camping is actually optimal, even in a competitive match- if you can get a burst dps behind enemy lines and pick off a ship, that's a huge win, and if all you do is harass their return to the fight, that is still a good call. Fully competitive matches are rare, but the fact that the current setup really requires both teams to guard their "supply lines" isn't actually that great- and spawn camping, as a strategy, only scales up in utility and power as the skill delta between teams grows.

Being immune for a couple seconds on zone in would be just fine. I'm sure originally this wasn't considered because there were spawns available with turrets when the game was made

Great point. Still, it seems like it has value independent of spawn camping, but rather is simply an adjustment for variances in player's connection/hardware/etc.