Help me build a competent PvP rig

Rapha_Ehyeh

So i need to update my gaming rig and I have $1500-$1700 to toss around. Easily doable with a desktop. My question to the community is what are you running? Before I go and blow $1700 on an i7-2700k and a GeForce GTX 570 if they aren't really necessary. (Although, I still might just to grow my E-peen).

I'd like to be able to have all settings on HIGH (with the exception of maybe shadows...but that'd be cool too). If you can pull ~60 FPS doing that...post your basic specs please. I'd appreciate it.

Core I7 anything with 8 gigs of ram (AMD sucks), OWC Mercury Pro SSD 6g for faster load times, do NOT use an ATI anything, the hardware isn't bad per-say, the drivers are horribly written.

Nvidia gtx 590 SLI? or go a few revisions down if you can't afford it.

1000w PSU.

Whatever else.

Core I7 anything with 8 gigs of ram (AMD sucks), OWC Mercury Pro SSD 6g for faster load times, do NOT use an ATI anything, the hardware isn't bad per-say, the drivers are horribly written.

1000w PSU.

Whatever else.

havent had any issues with my ati really, but if my 5770 is cutting it and you wanna save some cash, i reckon a gtx460 can run this game smooth enough. depends how future proof you want it really

I wouldn't upgrade for this game. It's horribly optimized and most people have problems despite having an awesome rig or not. It's just not worth it man...

I'm apt to agree with this fellow, what he says is true (at the current moment) although i'm confident this will iron out eventually, if not, bioware / ea can expect to lose a whole lot of their customer base.

1000w PSU.

Whatever else.

You really don't need SLI to make this game run well. I have a single GTX 460 and it runs just fine maxed out.

I would love to help you build a competent pvp rig bud, if one actually existed.

You see the thing is that even with the best available on the market squared you still won't have a competent rig that could handle let's say 30v30 or more.

The reason for that is Bioware going cheap and using the Hero engine which from what someone I know told me has been confirmed to be horrible even by its devs.

So yea... save yourself the 1700$ get a rid just good enough to run you through warzones and wait for a good upgrade (and new components release) once a game, that actually is gonna be there for more than 6 months, is released.