Lack of PvE content in 1.2?

If they genuinely do release lots of little raids over a few big raids every say 2-3 months, Im happy. Infact I prefer it, sort of.

But these things always get delayed...I'm unwilling to trust anything that they claim right now :p Not a hater or anything, rather I don't get my hopes up too much, as it avoids the massive disappointment afterwards xD

And on the off chance that they do deliver good quality raids every 3 months with 4-5 bosses, I will be over the moon ^^

I've been asking myself the same question.

Essentially we'll be replacing 2 raid-instances with 1 raid-instance for our regular raiding schedule and run rated warzones instead of regular warzones.

At the end of the day, I imagine 1.2 will offer even less incentive to play than we currently have.

While I'm sure people will gladly chance after the newest carrots early on, the novelty will wear off quickly.

That's the problem with theme-park MMOs in today's world. There is no reasonable way to create enough content to keep modern MMO players saturated. We need more sandbox environments that keep us playing beyond the 2 weekly raid-nights.

Guilds will always consume content faster than the devs can create it. So is this patch enough? Nope, but then again, it will never be "enough." No matter what Bioware, or any MMO developer does, there will be guilds that complete the content in a week, 2 weeks, a month, whatever and the be asking for more. But the fact remains, it takes them longer than that to make the content.

no offense.. but keep YOUR pvp out of my pve! :)

they are not the first devs that struggeling hard, when it comes to balance pve and pvp. so as we can read in the patchnotes they will fail pretty hard.. for my as a merc-heal: instead of changing the survivability of the class, they crippling my ressourcemanagement to death! but hey, there are enough threads about that.

I imagine they cold just use the "trauma" debuff that is already in place in a way that makes healing in PvP not a 1 button for Max HP.

So many good players quit that it's beginning to be pointless.

What we are left with is a bunch of mediocre players (Myself included) that are now thrust in the spotlight believing they are a "Top Guild".

(Hence the non test clearing, and the claims of toughness...etc)

Most of these players have never been in this position before, and will be more than happy to offer their opinion and/or comments, links, or anything else that will boost their new found fame.

So, yes...the massive 4 boss content will be cleared very quickly by someone (assuming no bugs), as the endgame design is sloppy and seems to be incomplete. (Bioware seems shocked that players actually reached endgame it seems)

All just opinions of course...

Edited by jimmyquinella

I think a big reason for the lack of endgame PVE stuff in this patch(other than dailies on Corelia) is that there were serious class balance, PVP, and UI issues that they are addressing. I think this patch address those issues in a major way, other than world PVP. I suspect as these game play issues taper off over the the next major patch or two the amount of endgame will increase for subsequent ones.

I think in about six months the game will start to bring back the people who are just MMO fans and not just Star Wars fans. Me personally, I still love the game. I have plenty to do as is with only a lvl 50 Sent and lvl 36 Vanguard, I have a lot more classes to play and haven't even gotten into ops yet because of scheduling conflicts within my guild.

Currently, no guild has downed a single boss on hard mode in the new Op to my knowledge. Some guilds have gotten close, but nothing yet. Tuning is very tight and honestly, it is extremely enjoyable because there is a difficulty level in place that makes you want to come back for more punishment.

While there are only 4 encounters, they did say the time between 1.2 and 1.3 should be shorter. IMHO, any content is a welcome change from KP/EV every week.

ROFL.

Sorry, but I don't believe that just because the handful of people who got copied to the PTS can't down the content proves Bioware can create meaningful and difficult encounters when talking about the better / best players in the genre. And of course we know Bioware will implement the same exact difficulty from the PTS when the patch goes live right?

Bioware has a big challenge ahead in both quantity and quality of content, along with the pace of release.

Yes, they need to ratchet up the difficulty, but they have to be careful.

If they ratchet it up too much, many 'hard mode' raiders of today will scream when they find they can't complete actual hard mode content.

If they don't up it enough, the few remaining serious raiding players will move on to other games.

Personally, I hope they up it a good bit but I really don't care much one way or the other. I'm just taking a break from high-end (server first hard mode) raiding burnout in other games and trying to have fun with SWTOR for what it is, not what it might be when it grows up.