Green crystal fix or add a new crystal?-OPINION/POLL

Renneium

As many know, back in beta green lightsabers looked PERFECT shortly before launch the game received a patch in which the green crystal color was changed to THIS and most people I've spoken with loathe it, clamoring for bioware to change it back.

However, through the many threads (yes I realize there have been many posts on this topic) I have come to see that there are some who actually like the green the way it is. I feel this is an issue Bioware should take note of and so this thread asks a simple question of the SWTOR community: What would YOU prefer? Fix the color of the crystal to the more CANON movie color? or ADD a new crystal ala Pink/purple and yellow/orange?

Thank you all who positively participate in this thread.

-On a side note, I recently came back to the game last friday after leaving in May, with a hope that issues like this had been resolved as I as well as many others have been discussing this issue since it was changed in beta with ZERO dev responses since. I realize this is NOT a huge problem for some and certainly not a high priority given the many problems this game continues to have however, for some this, along with archetypical jedi robes with hoods down, would make rolling a jedi 10x more enjoyable and that is why I continue to press this issue.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point I think we'd be better off adding another color crystal for that green. This way people can have their sabers the way that they want and no toes have to be stepped on. We just need something in the name to distinguish the two slightly different colors.

Edit: I'd also like to say that I prefer the version that was around in the beta to the current version.

Edited by ItchyThePenguin

At this point I think we'd be better off adding another color crystal for that green. This way people can have their sabers the way that they want and no toes have to be stepped on. We just need something in the name to distinguish the two slightly different colors.

Just make the new (beta) green exclusive to the Cartel Shop. It could be called Green Cartellis Crystal.

Emerald seems like it'd be a good name for that hue.

I understand there are those in game who like the green crystals as they currently exist. That's fine, I have no desire to remove it from the fame on them. So liking the previous version or even better the current preview version of the green crystals I am firmly on the side of new crystals with those appearances being put in game.

They should add a new mod slot to sabers and other weapons. Not for stats but for aesthetics.

Maybe like some sort of power crystal. Put crystal A in and the color crystal becomes lighter. Put crystal B in and the color crystal becomes darker. Etc, etc.

OR, completely remove the stats from all color crystals and put them onto these power crystals instead. Then we can just focus on coloring our sabers with simple, stat-less color crystals. And, in the wake of this, rename most color crystals with numbers which can be used to identify subtle color differences.

Edited by Soul_of_Flames

Edit: I'd also like to say that I prefer the version that was around in the beta to the current version.

Agreed

I don't care of how (fix or add) if I get my plain green color instead of being forced to have a yellowish green.

But I'd like to point out that a player had found that the problem of yellowish green occurs only when activating a graphic option (blurring, I think it was) so basically it is a bug, and it's more likely it will be going the fixing path rather than the adding path.

Its like a Kawasaki Motorcycle Lime green.

It perfectly describe the color we see and that I don't want to see anymore when choosing green... If some day they add lime crystals, I don't care, but I would like my green to actually look green.

Edited by Altheran

Just make the new (beta) green exclusive to the Cartel Shop. It could be called Green Cartellis Crystal.

I understand that the cartel shop benefits EAWare by selling the good stuff, but what about artificers, sure all the multicolored crystals end up as endgame/pvp removals or cartel loot that can be used at 10, but a single colors?

I don't care of how (fix or add) if I get my plain green color instead of being forced to have a yellowish green.

But I'd like to point out that a player had found that the problem of yellowish green occurs only when activating a graphic option (blurring, I think it was) so basically it is a bug, and it's more likely it will be going the fixing path rather than the adding path.

It perfectly describe the color we see and that I don't want to see anymore when choosing green... If some day they add lime crystals, I don't care, but I would like my green to actually look green.

Turning off Bloom does help the looks if the current green sabers but it still is a very different look from the green seen in beta or the preview pane now.

Turning off Bloom does help the looks if the current green sabers but it still is a very different look from the green seen in beta or the preview pane now.

shhh...

don't tell my secret.

also the green in the OP has a blue tint, most likely from Belsavis.

I understand that the cartel shop benefits EAWare by selling the good stuff, but what about artificers, sure all the multicolored crystals end up as endgame/pvp removals or cartel loot that can be used at 10, but a single colors?

I do see your point. I'm sure they could create 10-12 new recipes total of all skills, mix them up, and mix in some of the mats needed to make them and sell a "Tradesmen Pack".

Call the new green crystal Luke's Green Crystal. Add a blaster Solo's Sidearm, take the event bowcaster, recolor it and call it Furball's Shooter. Tell me the recipe pack wouldn't sell. :cool:

Edited by Sweetiepies

I think they should at least add a second crystal, if anything. This has been an annoyance for me and something I wish Bio would address soon.

How about LS with 2 crystals:

One gives the color of the inside of the blade

The other is the outside color

Mix them as you want :)

No, no, no...

The green blades look good to me as they are now..in OP's original post there is a definate yellow tint to the inside glow, which leads me to believe he has a graphics setting turned on/off or whatever. That dosent happen to me. Mine look very nice and green. So yeah, I think they USED to have that yellow/lime color to them but they fixed that back in 1.2 or thereabouts.

Now, what I DO think thet should do is make a Viridian green which would be a more sage-ey dark green - as there were in KotOR 2.

But then I also think it would be a good idea to make different crystal types ala the TFU games as in - compressed stable and unstable. Where compressed has a surge running up and down the blade, stable would look like normal blue or red, and unstable would have a almost steam like effect coming off the blade.

So there's my 2 cents.

As many know, back in beta green lightsabers looked PERFECT shortly before launch the game received a patch in which the green crystal color was changed to THIS and most people I've spoken with loathe it, clamoring for bioware to change it back.

However, through the many threads (yes I realize there have been many posts on this topic) I have come to see that there are some who actually like the green the way it is. I feel this is an issue Bioware should take note of and so this thread asks a simple question of the SWTOR community: What would YOU prefer? Fix the color of the crystal to the more CANON movie color? or ADD a new crystal ala Pink/purple and yellow/orange?

Thank you all who positively participate in this thread.

-On a side note, I recently came back to the game last friday after leaving in May, with a hope that issues like this had been resolved as I as well as many others have been discussing this issue since it was changed in beta with ZERO dev responses since. I realize this is NOT a huge problem for some and certainly not a high priority given the many problems this game continues to have however, for some this, along with archetypical jedi robes with hoods down, would make rolling a jedi 10x more enjoyable and that is why I continue to press this issue.

I am glad others think this as well, I thought it was just me :p I totally agree with you on this!! They need to change the color to look more like the films, at this current point it looks more yellow than green to me, it would be nice for them to change back to the beta version but I am sure they have other more important things to do.