Delete account.

Force-Power

I can not get a straight answer....Can i delete my account or is it here forever ?? Thank you :)

One of my guild mates did it but it was kind of complicated and i didn't understand the exact situation so i can't give you info how to do it. I only know that 1 month later he just started from 0.

Accounts can be deleted, yes. But the underlying question is whether you want to delete a forum account, a specific in-game Legacy or all in-game content on your account.

The best and most reliable approach is to call CS and ask them for guidance about the specifics of the scenario you want to employ.

For whatever reason you have at the moment to delete an account, don't. You may one day wish to start playing SWTOR again on it and then be smacking yourself due to your previous actions.

Yeah, it's always good idea to let account just be there just in case if you ever want to play again. I still have both my EVE accounts even though I haven't played for few years.

Its there forever. Even if you delete all character/legacy's. If in one year time you can still log in. You would have zero characters and have to start over but it would still be active.

Like others have said not sure why you would want or more important NEED to. If account has been hacked just change bank cards. If its your child's account and worried about sexual harassment then report it or its a police matter if its a case of online grooming. They would need your account as evidence in any case. Ignoring such things just puts others at risk.

Realistically though there is no real need to ever delete an account. As such I think this is no more than you coming here to make a point because BW has not done something you want, such as more Op's, Merge server or whatever and you throwing a tantrum.

For whatever reason you have at the moment to delete an account, don't. You may one day wish to start playing SWTOR again on it and then be smacking yourself due to your previous actions.

Yeah, even if you don't want to play the game, tehre is really no reason to delete the account.

Perhaps he/she wants to steer clear of the temptation to return to the game?

Really?

Would not work, because deleting would take everything away but as you can just set up new account. it will make zero difference. All you need is a email address and make a new username. Both can be made in no time at all.

Then he is underutilizing the power of his mind and personal free will, IMO.

OP, as others have stated.... there is no true reason to delete an account in an MMO with a Free and Preferred option to play in lieu of a sub. But if you insist on doing so, as I recall from an earlier forum discussion, you have to have CS do it for you as I do not think there is a way for the user to do so. Even then, they probably do not delete it, they just disable it completely (as though you were banned for life).

The OP's scheme is perfectly clear to me. I can't believe the rest of you missed it.

This is nothing more than a subtle attempt to recruit someone of corrupted moral fiber to set a torch to the OP's SWTOR account. Sure, the account served its purpose in the past, but its value has plummeted. Now, the OP is upside-down on his SWTOR account mortgage ... but wait. He has his account heavily insured. Realizing that his SWTOR account is now worth more as a smoky pile of ash and soot than as an active account, the OP seeks someone completely untraceable to him/her to light a match so the OP can collect on the account insurance.

We can tell for certain if, upon reviewing the OP's account, we note that he/she has removed all personal effects (family photos, bowling trophies, their diploma from Clown College, etc.). That's the mistake so many make when hiring a burn job ... they try to save their mementos first, which raises a huge flag. Sure, some donut-infused flatfoot may look at the scene and comment, "Gee, OP, it sure was lucky that you took your favorite collection of McDonald's kids' menu maze-games out to be cleaned right before the fire." But any shamus worth his hand-rolled cigarette would see right through the ruse.

Which reminds me of a funny, and true, story ...

This lawyer (not me) concocted a scheme by which he purchased a box of expensive cigars. He then had the cigars insured against loss by fire. He then smoked said cigars. He then submitted a claim to his insurance company since, technically, the cigars were destroyed by fire. The insurance company denied the claim. The lawyer sued ... and won. The court concluded that the claim met all the requirements under the policy, so the insurer had to pay. The insurance company paid the loss, then referred the matter to the local District Attorney, who successfully prosecuted the lawyer for arson. Lawyer went to prison for smoking his own cigars.

Edited by Thoronmir

Or you do what many have done in the past.

Go to CS and say hey i got a college exam and i need to study for it could you temp ban my account for the dates of MM/DD/YYYY - MM2/DD2/YYYY2 so i can study.

People have done it on many MMO's from WOW to even SWTOR.

Crazy theory here, but...

What if they make it incredibly difficult to actually delete an account because it hurts them when are padding the numbers for press releases, or EA. Think about it for a sec. Your game is f2p and you could count every single account as a subscriber number. It doesn't matter if you log in, since even inactive accounts, or expired sub accounts are all considered f2p.

Never delete MMO accounts, its ill advised, especially if you want to pick it up again in 5 months and say you had 10 lv 65's on it. Just cancel your subscription and uninstall the game, thats my recommendation.

In my case I was so fed up with the state of the game at the time I cancelled my sub and just uninstalled. Ended up coming back years later when there'd been enough changes that I not only felt it was worth it to start playing again, but to also sub for it. Granted it took me a bit to relearn how to play my characters since there'd been so many changes since I last played, but I'd rather deal with that than have to start from scratch all over again.

Or you do what many have done in the past.

Go to CS and say hey i got a college exam and i need to study for it could you temp ban my account for the dates of MM/DD/YYYY - MM2/DD2/YYYY2 so i can study.

People have done it on many MMO's from WOW to even SWTOR.

Nice of MMO's to do that. I'm more concerned over the lack of discipline in the students...