Was really necessary to get servers down?

recsa

1.2.0a Patch Notes

4/13/2012

General

Addressed an issue that could prevent characters from being deleted.

Made improvements to the CS ticketing system.

Im not sure this changes worth a 4 hours downtime the day next to the BIG content patch, im pretty sure its not worth it.

Was it necessary to post a question, the answer to which you will not get directly from Bioware anyway and that just clutters up the forums? I don't think so.

Was it necessary for me to question your question? Yes, I think it was. :p

Was it necessary to post a question, the answer to which you will not get directly from Bioware anyway and that just clutters up the forums? I don't think so.

I think it was, thats why i did, read my sig.

Im not sure this changes worth a 4 hours downtime the day next to the BIG content patch, im pretty sure its not worth it.

From what I understand, They were/are having serious issues with their CS system. They still have problems with their email responses (assuming the auto droid ones) AFAIK. I'm sure having a partially working CS System by the weekend was considered essential. You would like them to be able to receive tickets you send wouldn't you.

Love this.

From what I understand, They were/are having serious issues with their CS system. They still have problems with their email responses (assuming the auto droid ones) AFAIK. I'm sure having a partially working CS System by the weekend was considered essential. You would like them to be able to receive tickets you send wouldn't you.

why?? they dont answere them anyways:p

...I can't send tickets because the servers down for them to fix the ticket system and OMG MY BRAIN JUST MELTED!

mmmm i have opened 3 tickets i can remember of, 2 of them were replied in 3 days, the other one ... i closed after 8 days without a reply ...

Yep, i could find many other things to do, i could even come here and write silly posts, but .... was really necessary to get servers down for 4 hours to do so small changes? dont think so.

You know, people rant and rave and say the game is on it's last legs on almost an hourly basis....but let down time happen and the exact same people scream about not being able to log in; it's like they missed a dose of their favorite drug....that they hate...and are sure is going to close any second.....:rolleyes: Edited by Jett-Rinn

Yep, i could find many other things to do, i could even come here and write silly posts, but .... was really necessary to get servers down for 4 hours to do so small changes? dont think so.

Would it be necessary to get servers down for 4 hours to do so small changes? No. You don't think so, I don't think so, he/she doesn't think so and BW doesn't think so either. Consequently, the changes were not as small as you might think. Whether they all appear in the patch notes, that's another story. But then on the other hand, they are not obliged to issue a complete technical almanach every week, only for us to control their work, are they?

Edited by Cretinus