Best time for Operations to happen?

Peak times: The weekly reset is Tuesday morning. Peak times would be shortly after that, in the evening (Tu, Wed, maybe Thu) and on weekends for just higher population.

Some caveats:

1. People mostly form ops groups by asking on fleet, and then with a full group queue the group to get the group finder reward. Maybe try asking on fleet, or hanging out on fleet to see if anyone else is asking, at the peak times.

2. People mostly run the level 55 operations now, so level 50 ones will be a longer wait. My guess would be that weekends would be best for level 50 operations, as people probably don't rush to complete them after the weekly lockout.

3. You may have better luck joining a guild that runs them and that will show you the ropes and/or learn with you. If you don't know what you're doing and mess up, random groups of people often have little patience.

Edited by cxten

2. People mostly run the level 55 operations now, so level 50 ones will be a longer wait. My guess would be that weekends would be best for level 50 operations, as people probably don't rush to complete them after the weekly lockout.

This is the big thing right there I think. The problem is that most people run the lvl 50 operations only at HM or NiM level to get the ultimate comms from the Classic Operations Weekly mission. Most of the time if youre trying to do storymode its difficult to find a group.

This being my first MMO (and I only started a couple months ago) it was tough to find a way to gear up since no one was running lvl 50 SM ops. What I did (and would recommend), is running dailys for basic comms to get that gear (66s) with a mix of campaign and start doing HM of those ops.

My first ever op was a EV HM :/ Have yet to ever do a single lvl 50 sm operation. Too many people have progressed far beyond that unfortunately.

The problem is that most people run the lvl 50 operations only at HM or NiM level to get the ultimate comms from the Classic Operations Weekly mission.

Yes, this is a good point. Fortunately, the gear needed to do HM EV/KP is now almost handed to you. Planetary comms can be used to buy level 58 gear, which is the gear that *dropped* in HM EV/KP back when they first came out. Better gear than that is also easy to come by.

The main problem will be learning the mechanics of the fights. These are now easy enough (because everyone is overgeared for them) that just a rudimentary understanding should be sufficient as long as you're not tanking. You can read up on them, or find someone or some guild willing to teach you.

The main problem will be learning the mechanics of the fights. These are now easy enough (because everyone is overgeared for them) that just a rudimentary understanding should be sufficient as long as you're not tanking. You can read up on them, or find someone or some guild willing to teach you.
Works for everything, but HM and NiM EC, there even more than the tank has to know what they are doing or you are in for a wipefest. Any mode KP and EV and SM EC can just be outgeared, but if I don't at least have 1/2 a group knowing what they are doing in HM or NIM EC, I would rather take the group to SM S&V or SM TfB, they are easier.