Event is over... Stop throwing snowballs!

Gom-Jabbar

Can we get these disabled until the next event? We have a bunch of trolls on an RP server who still insist on constant bombardment...

Full support from me!

Or maybe patch the snow cannon to have an increasing chance of 5% per snowball to explode in the hands of the wearer, killing them (PvE death with full repair cost).

Edited by JPryde

Heh. I actually sold mine back to the vendor for the 1000 credits since a) I'm a cheapskate and b) I apparently managed to get enough parcels within the re-vendor time limit :) I would have assumed these things would despawn when the event went away... guess they're similar to the rakghoul vaccine then.

It's no different from the tinsel bomb. It''s just a game. Deal with it or report for harassment.

The tinsel bomb is far more expensive than the snowball and thus, the use of the latter confers upon the user a different standing altogether within the game.

Sad but true.

If people use a one million credits worth item, they're the bomb. If one uses one that costs 10 credits or so and it's locked to a bound period still after its initial use, they're trolls.

I don't use mine but have no issue whatsoever with other people using it. As you said, it's a game.

No deal. I'll continue to throw them if I think someone is being a jerk.

I'm for any content that furthers the options available to players and the creativity that results. While most of my characters wouldn't throw a snowball, one definitely would and will continue to do so. Deal with it.

- Arcada

Lol remember when the rakghoul ended? People were blowing up for weeks after that.

I miss that. And then because people treat this as a single player game and didn't want anything happening that didn't fit their own personal story they complained until they removed it.

AND we wonder why people abandoned the game? People are crying for freedom and creativity in their MMOs. Indie games like DayZ and Minecraft and Eve takeoff, while the WoW clones from the big studios falter.

DayZ... right now is in a terrible state. The alpha is basically unplayable yet it has 921,939 players and that list grows day by day. Why? Because the philosophy is that players should be able to do whatever they want, and treat other players however they won't. No moderators, no swear filter, etc.

Yeah, and it leads to a brutally hard game (permadeath) but at least you think you've achieved something by the time you die.

- Arcada

Edited by Nydus

I miss that. And then because people treat this as a single player game and didn't want anything happening that didn't fit their own personal story they complained until they removed it.

AND we wonder why people abandoned the game? People are crying for freedom and creativity in their MMOs. Indie games like DayZ and Minecraft and Eve takeoff, while the WoW clones from the big studios falter...

- Arcada

What's wrong with freedom to be creative in a manner that doesn't impact anyone else's character without their express permission?

I can understand a slight annoyance on a RP server, though what if someone is roleplaying a character who is a bit of a prankster? I guess you can frown disapprovingly at them, and ask them to leave you alone because you have important business to tend to.

I love throwing the snowballs, just as I have loved throwing the tinsel bomb since it first appeared on the Cartel Market. I generally use it as a friendly gesture--I see a guildie on fleet, I snowball/tinsel them. Someone waves at me, I'll snowball/tinsel them. I also might tinsel/snowball someone on fleet that I perceive as being silly (like doing a jig or repeated toe touches). I don't really see myself throwing snowballs or tinsel at completely random people, though if they have the "A Special Snowflake" title, I might throw a snowball. I mostly use them in raids, for instance on that one person who missed the ready check. They are fun and aesthetically pleasing. The snowball even makes a pretty sound when it lands.

I guess it's just a hazard of MMOs--with other people around, they may do things that annoy you. Like park a huge speeder over the mailbox, or throw down a party bomb and a rhythm augmentation droid so two different songs play at once. If someone is deliberately harassing you, for instance, throwing the snowball on you on cooldown for several minutes or after you've asked them to stop, then that's bad. But if a random snowball hits you once in a while, it shouldn't be a big deal. Might as well complain about people using emotes. I wish people would throw snowballs at me more often, since I like trailing snowflakes (it is still winter, at least in the northern hemisphere), and I can't give myself the snow dusted buff :)

Perhaps the thread title is misleading. By all means, throw snowballs at your friends and such - I have no problem with that, and you certainly don't need my permission to do so. What I am referring to is the griefers who gather and spam snowballs at folks trying to conduct RP events. I know, not a big deal in the scheme of things - some people just enjoy being jerks, and I was a bit frustrated. It is just a game after all, but thanks for allowing me to vent a bit without this turning into a huge flame fest ;)