What is the best way to farm Social points ?

Angedechu

For totally, totally gear based reasons (I want social level 2 to buy orange armor for Jaesra, it's totally accidental that the said gear is a bikini outfit !) , I need to farm social points.

So, is doing heroic quests with a group a working option, or I should just stick to FP ? (Or stop bothering, and buy a key )

For totally, totally gear based reasons (I want social level 2 to buy orange armor for Jaesra, it's totally accidental that the said gear is a bikini outfit !) , I need to farm social points.

So, is doing heroic quests with a group a working option, or I should just stick to FP ? (Or stop bothering, and buy a key )

Run Black Talon / Esseles repeatedly. Get an organized group, spacebar through it, and go to town.

Do *not* try this with a random PUG, as some people will never have seen it and it's not fair to demand they "hurry up". Make a group specifically designed for such runs and run the normal , not HM version.

Repeatable lower level Heroics/flashpoints as far as I know - as long as the Heroic has some form of dialogue to choose from [typically dark/light choices]. The more people you have the faster you can zerg them.

Best way is to run low level players thru instances or Black Talon/Esseles. Basically, anyone thats lower level (where you can probably solo the instance) and can't find a group because there aren't enough players at that level looking for groups (I see this like crazy and tend to run them thru just for the sake of it - already at Social 2 - however there are Social 5 - if it keeps up I'll be qualified for those in no time).

Run Black Talon / Esseles repeatedly. Get an organized group, spacebar through it, and go to town.

Do *not* try this with a random PUG, as some people will never have seen it and it's not fair to demand they "hurry up". Make a group specifically designed for such runs and run the normal , not HM version.

^^This.^^

Gotta love a "social point" system that requires you to be social with NPC's in cutscenes, not the people in your group. lol

That's why I consider it a total joke.

3 totallys in one short statement hurts my brain.

Also your doing it wrong. I don't believe social points were really ever meant to be "grinded"

they are there for people who travel, level and participate in dialog in groups.

^^This.^^

Gotta love a "social point" system that requires you to be social with NPC's in cutscenes, not the people in your group. lol

That's why I consider it a total joke.

I should get social points by spamming in Imp fleet!

Social points are for people who LEVEL with other people in groups.

Social points are not for grouping to farm the same flashpoint over and over (though i guess it still works)

Social points are not for talking in general

Social points are not for talking in guilds

Social points are not for pvping other (socially?)

Social points are not for asking others how thier day was

If it makes you feel better call them Group leveling points. because thats what they are. I level with others, i am lv 37 and social 4

my solo character is almost social one. I dont expect him to get social points when I dont fullfill the requirements the game has set to issue them.

Social points are for picking a response choice from NPC text, that's it.

I can group with people to do those quests and noone says a damn word to anyone else other than "Hi" and "Bye". Real social.

If social points were for "grouping" as you seem to think they are, then I'd get points for grouping.

If they gave 1 point every 15 minutes/4 points per hour just for being grouped, they'd truly be giving points for grouping. And it would still be far, FAR less points per hour than just zoning out farming BT or other instances over and over, so noone can say it would be "exploitable" or "over powered".

Edited by Zorvan

im so tired of ths arguement...

Bioware should just change the name of this to group dialog points.

I DONT CARE HOW SOCIAL YOU THINK YOU ARE!

it has nothing to do with social points. its just a name. If you play the game as I do with others (friends) they just keep coming in. If you want to solo the game and only group for flashpoints... then you will have a hard time getting them.

I dont care how actually social you think you are in game. You either meet these requirements to get points or you want something for nothing.

Edited by tcalusine

im so tired of ths arguement...

Bioware should just change the name of this.

I DONT CARE HOW SOCIAL YOU THINK YOU ARE!

it has nothing to do with social points. its just a name. If you play the game as I do with others (friends) they just keep coming in. If you want to solo the game and only group for flashpoints... then you will have a hard time getting them.

I dont care how actually social you think you are in game. You either meet these requirements to get points or you want something for nothing.

Something for nothing? Are you freaking serious? So grouping up to do whatever ( killing mobs, doing the quests objectives, traveling all over the place together ) is NOTHING, but grouping to pick a multiple choice answer to NPC text ad nauseum is SOMETHING?

If you're tired of the argument, stop arguing. Because your "argument" is ridiculous.

Edited by Zorvan

Something for nothing? Are you freaking serious? So grouping up to do whatever is NOTHING, but grouping to pick a multiple choice answer to NPC text ad nauseum is SOMETHING?

If ever i heard crying its now. Its working as inteded. adjust or be gone. You are not doing what you are supposed to. They are not hard to get.

If they were advertised as points you get by simply accepting a group invite, thats one thing.

But they weren't so your are doing it wrong. Its just as simple as that.

This is a story based game. I play through it to experience the story with my friends and we al participate in dialogs and all quests. We earned them.

You did not.. something for nothing.

(also side note, who cares, they are worthless now anyways. Only light armor people benefit from social gear, otherwise you are gimping your armor rating)

If ever i heard crying its now. Its working as inteded. adjust or be gone. You are not doing what you are supposed to. They are not hard to get.

If they were advertised as points you get by simply accepting a group invite, thats one thing.

But they weren't so your are doing it wrong. Its just as simple as that.

This is a story based game. I play through it to experience the story with my friends and we al participate in dialogs and all quests. We earned them.

You did not.. something for nothing.

(also side note, who cares, they are worthless now anyways. Only light armor people benefit from social gear, otherwise you are gimping your armor rating)

So you're another who thinks as long as it works for you, there's no need to change it and anyone who doesn't agree is "crying. God, EAware must love you guys.

And I play an Assassin, so "social armor" is not worthless to my character. Another example of your "I don't need it so it's worthless" attitude.

So you're another who thinks as long as it works for you, there's no need to change it and anyone who doesn't agree is "crying. God, EAware must love you guys.

And I play an Assassin, so "social armor" is not worthless to my character. Another example of your "I don't need it so it's worthless" attitude.

I dont expect to get paid from my job unless i do my work.

I dont expect to get valor by not participating in pvp

dont expect to get social points if you dont do the work

simple as that. It has rules, follow them.

Edited by tcalusine

(also side note, who cares,

Obviously you, otherwise you wouldn't have this whole argument about how you earned yours while other people do not deserve them :p:eek:

To the OP:

In a group of 4 people you should be getting 120-160 social points per Esseles/Black Talon run.

Personally I now take a break at fleet with all my characters when they get there and do the first flashpoint over and over till I am social 2 while I am still in the level range of that flashpoint.

This has two benefits:

i) on a personal level I get a good start on social points and a chance to get the orange gear for my class

ii) I remain in the "pool" of possible team mates for other low levels wishing to do the flashpoint, without being so strong that the experience becomes meaningless. (of course, I don't mind waiting for people who wish to watch the complete dialogues)

Edited by Melkathi

Social points are not for grouping to farm the same flashpoint over and over (though i guess it still works)

Social points are not for talking in general

Social points are not for talking in guilds

Social points are not for pvping other (socially?)

Social points are not for asking others how thier day was

If it makes you feel better call them Group leveling points. because thats what they are. I level with others, i am lv 37 and social 4

my solo character is almost social one. I dont expect him to get social points when I dont fullfill the requirements the game has set to issue them.

*Cough* scrub *cough*

Translation: Better run Esselles/Black Talon like there's no tomorrow before Bioware forbids you from getting social points on grayed out instances similar to the old Ilum's win trading.

*Cough* scrub *cough*

Translation: Better run Esselles/Black Talon like there's no tomorrow before Bioware forbids you from getting social points on grayed out instances similar to the old Ilum's win trading.

I really dont mind people spamming flashpoints. It doesn't hurt my game. I just don't understand why they would chose that over the intended way of grouping and playing the STORY with others.

I not only got these points easily but had the most fun in the game by getting them.

I just cant help but feel the people who dont get why they dont have social points, are the ones that space-bar through the game solo to get to 50 as soon as possible. This might be fine in most MMO's but this game is obvoiusly different there. Its story driven. REALLLY story driven.

I stopped thinking of this game as an MMO and more as a co-op single player game. I am happier for it too. It doesn't have to be negative. Embrace it or find another game that suits your playstyle (or lack of playstyle) better.

Edited by tcalusine