Nightmare pilgrim despawns permenantly?

We have been unable to make our nightmare pilgrim on Vornskr respawn for some time now.

Some guild on the server was fighting him and they said he despawned during combat and now they could not click the item to respawn him, we cannot either. Anyone experiencing similar issues?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kathol Rift (US) Working As Intended cannot summon this boss either. We tried to kill him yesterday and we left due to our EC raid starting. We're at the spawnpoint now, trying everything we can to get him spawned.

We're the only raid that has attempted this boss with the consumable (another raid tried without it and died... fast lol).

EDITED: We also noticed that the item to spawn the world boss doesn't even register as an object anymore. No name when you hover over it with your mouse, no way of clicking... It's not even solid anymore. We watched three people just run through it lol.

Edited by MonsterrLuv

Same here on Jen'jidai EU.

I don't know if someone killed it or tried it. But we are not able to klick the spawn item and it seems no one else can.

It has been like this for about a day now, since we are checking. So it could be even longer.

Same thing happening on Hyperspace cannon.

Our guild was able to summon him but we wiped. After which we could not resummon him. Such a waste of 30 daily comms. Would really love to get those back COUGH COUGH HINT HINT.

But im seriously starting to wonder WHO if anyone is testing these patches before they go live? I mean im familiar with MMOs being full of bugs but really....this stuff is soo easy to catch how could they have NOT caught it before the patch went live?

Hopefully the patch tommorow will fix it. Still want my comms back though.

Prophecy of Five Server seems the Object is also bugged ive had my character sitting there for awhile now not sure if there was a group that downed it earlier but ive been here for almost 2 hrs and nothing has changed to the object hopefully its not bugged =\

Assassins of Sion server, Imperial Side, Lament Configuration guild - Downed it last week and now this week no one can click on it. The object isn't solid either. We even had people who weren't there for the kill try to click the object, no such luck. Apologize to everyone on Assassins of Sion server, looks like until BioWare addresses real problems no one else will be able to kill or attempt Nightmare Pilgrim.

Twin Spears (US) Our Nightmare Pilgrim stopped working Thursday 4/26/12 around 9:15server. Guild made 3 attempts wiping at sub 10%. Thinking we were going to get it the summoning stone was no longer available. It seems that the summon stone stopped working about the same date on many servers. Please fix this and stop telling me to look for it in the upcoming patch notes.:mad:

This is a bug that they apparently "fixed" several days ago.

Obviously not.

Game-wide inability to face a World-boss encounter...good job Bioware.

We (Impetuous) downed him last night for the second time in 2 weeks on Death Wind Corridor, so no it is not Game Wide. He can only spawn once every 2 hours, maybe some of these instances were ruined by other groups, and they are not bugs.

Edited by Fletchbob

I waited 2 hours and it changed nothing, 4 diffrent guilds came by to check out if it works, the stone is there, but is not clickable nor solid (can walk trough it).

All those pve bugs are killing the game slowly, such things must be fixed a hell of alot faster!

When 1.2 came out our guild was like... "wow they really done a good job with the new content, no bugs or issues, cool!" - cleared EC normal and hardmode, even did the pilgrim with another guild.

One week later each days fun was killed by another bug, so pathetic, as if they patched in bugs after a week on purpose.

Yeah with other games coming out and these bugs our server is a ghost town. Really a massive disappointment. Im starting to consider leaving untill they get their collective asses together and work out all these bugs. Server merging certainly wouldn't hurt either.

Ive been waiting for over a week for this crap to be fixed. most of my guilds regular raiders arent even logging in anymore. Could we at least get some sort of an update so we know the issue is close to being patched?

This is getting to be rather crazy. I too was happy to see the end content of 1.2 come out mostly bug free. My guild was able to clear SM 16 EC the first weekend it was live, downed Toth and Zorn 8 HM, Lost Island HM was fun and a bit challenging on the first boss since we had 1 melee dps, and Nightmare Pilgrim was a good fight. It actually seemed like they did correct issues that were found in the PTR.

Now they have rolled out a few patches that were not tested and broke 16 HM Kephess and the stone to summon Nightmare Pilgrim. I mean seriously that is what the PTR is for. Even 1 day of these patches being on the PTR and these bugs would have been discovered.

Heck, how hard would it be to even have 1 internal server that mirrors the live servers in every way for the "internal testers" to use to find these extremely obvious bugs. These bugs are so easy to discover and document that it is extremely hard to believe that paid testers are not finding them prior to a patch going live. I mean I was able to document with just 2 hours of observation that our Nightmare Pilgrim summon stone was working when servers came up, then in a few hours just miraculously became un-clickable and without substance.

I have 17 other guildies that this has affected for 2 weeks now. And I know there are 3 or 4 other guilds on my server who have had to put up with this as well. I'm starting to get a bit concerned about the general state of the endgame and where it lays in their "priority list". I was willing to put up with the bugs in EV (See Soa threat drops, double dinging ball lightning in NiM, and pylons as a start) since it was their first attempt at making and tuning raids, but it is now 5 months since launch and 1.2 was tested fairly well. They should not be patching in bugs like an un-clickable summon stone for an endgame open world boss. If a bug makes it to live it should at the very minimum be something more complex than that.

In all honestly if Bioware does actually pay a team of people to test this stuff and given all the bugs (mostly simple and preventable) that manage to make it to live servers, the only conclusion that I can draw is that Bioware is certainly not getting their monies worth out of their testing team and they really need to re-evaluate how they go about testing this stuff. Either that or they do actually discover these bugs and let them go live anyway.

Yeah with other games coming out and these bugs our server is a ghost town. Really a massive disappointment. Im starting to consider leaving untill they get their collective asses together and work out all these bugs. Server merging certainly wouldn't hurt either.

Ive been waiting for over a week for this crap to be fixed. most of my guilds regular raiders arent even logging in anymore. Could we at least get some sort of an update so we know the issue is close to being patched?

yeah we have like 30-50 people on our fleet. pretty sad...the game could have been so good. too many bugs, too little end game to do. i hope nightmare ec will be soon and worth the wait, though i'm dubious of that. if they don't get their stuff together by 1.3 (assuming it's going to be a lot sooner than 1.2 took...cuz if it's not they'll lose even more people) maybe we'll see a lot more endgame, more than 1 extra raid with 4 bosses. maybe they'll also learn and put a new world boss in it's own phase zone, no summoning, no random morons running by trying to F up your pull, just a lot easier.

server mergers would be cool but really only with more stuff to do. oh yay let's go run these hm fp's, oh wait they aren't hard at all, drop nothing worthwhile, and there's only a few to do....

give us a nice big raid with 1-2 small ones on top of that (a couple of bosses each), a new world boss (or a series of them), a few new fp's while actually making hm fp's HARD with worthwhile loot, etc etc the list can just go on.

unlikely we'll see any of it soon but hey we can hope.

In all honestly if Bioware does actually pay a team of people to test this stuff and given all the bugs (mostly simple and preventable) that manage to make it to live servers, the only conclusion that I can draw is that Bioware is certainly not getting their monies worth out of their testing team and they really need to re-evaluate how they go about testing this stuff. Either that or they do actually discover these bugs and let them go live anyway.

I agree entirely and personally at this point I feel like im not getting my moneys worth. Things are just moving too slowly. Does it really take over a week to confirm this kind of bug and find a fix?

Bugged last night on The Progenitor. Got him to 10%, some imps showed up and attacked the boss; we wipe due to him having 4 extra people on the threat table. Couldn't re-summon him back. So thanks to 4 people trying to **** with our attempt the entire server is locked out of the boss until its fixed. Kinda pathetic to be honest - not just with the bug, but that there's nothing in place to prevent people from interfering with it when they have an inhibitor buff. Edited by The-Vortex

The "Infinity Gate" Server also had the same bug, We wiped twice and then the stone became UN-clickable. Just a side note tho for people complaining about others interfering with there attempts, That is one of the aspects of a "World-Boss". In previous MMo's I have played world bosses were always being fought over its just another aspect of the fight. If they "Instanced" the world boss, it wouldn't really be a "World boss"... would it?...

I'm at work atm so I can't pull the actual text, but I was told by CS Driod that this issue is now fixed as of the latest patch. Obviously not, and I can only assume they didn't actually read the text of my bug report. Seems they only saw 'Nightmare Pilgrim' in bug report... and 'Nightmare Pilgrim' in patch notes, and just closed the ticket thinking it must be what I was talking about.

This has now held our servers up for a couple weeks...

The "Infinity Gate" Server also had the same bug, We wiped twice and then the stone became UN-clickable. Just a side note tho for people complaining about others interfering with there attempts, That is one of the aspects of a "World-Boss". In previous MMo's I have played world bosses were always being fought over its just another aspect of the fight. If they "Instanced" the world boss, it wouldn't really be a "World boss"... would it?...

Fighting over him would be fine. But the way they designed the fight makes that impossible. If there are more than 16 people attacking him he'll start doing a 7k pulse to everyone on his threat table causing a wipe. If that were removed things would be different. But then it might also make the fight a little too easy :rolleyes: