A possible solution to the premade "problem"

Kontraz

Personally, I don't feel it is a problem, but obviously some do. Apart from coordination, premades tend to have good team composition while PUGs jut have a random assortment. Why not introduce a group-finder system for warzones? Basically, just like in the FP group finder, you would select the role(s) that you wish to enter the queue as, and the system tries to put you on a team so that the composition is 4 dps, 2 tanks and 2 healers. Another benefit could be keeping the role icon by each player's avatar (visible only to teammates, of course) so healers, tanks and dps canbe more easily recognized prior to the start of the warzone.

There' nothing stopping anyone from forming their own premade. Good players tend to find each other and realize the benefit of running together. Weekend warriors, the ones complaining about premades, won't form their own groups no matter what tools you give them.

It's an MMO. Be social. Or be good enough to get invited.

There' nothing stopping anyone from forming their own premade. Good players tend to find each other and realize the benefit of running together. Weekend warriors, the ones complaining about premades, won't form their own groups no matter what tools you give them.

Agreed. Just trying to be constructive I guess, even if it is catering to the lazy

That wouldn't affect the fact that there are far more dps than healers or tanks.

Then maybe it would help encourage people to take on other roles?

I have field respec on my characters, so whenever in a warzone or flashpoint and we need a different role, I can adapt. While I don't expect this from everyone, it is still a consideration

Then maybe it would help encourage people to take on other roles?

I have field respec on my characters, so whenever in a warzone or flashpoint and we need a different role, I can adapt. While I don't expect this from everyone, it is still a consideration

What would help, to encourage people to take other roles?

The problem is not premades, it's mismatched teams. Four poor players grouped together do not magically become godlike if they queue together. In fact, from the perspective of solo queuer, if I see my team has a weak premade in it that's worse than being a pure PUG as we're more likely to be up against a decent premade and are therefore going to get stomped. Edited by DharmaPolice

That wouldn't affect the fact that there are far more dps than healers or tanks.

As is normal here as well as any MMO I've ever played. Since healers are routinely doing over 1.1 million in heals, if you have very many of them you'd never be able to kill anything anyway... which is happening more frequently than you think, as it is. That's what a TTK system is for, btw.

What would help, to encourage people to take other roles?

BW has traditionally done this by nerfing a high population class (sometimes to oblivion) while buffing other low population classes to draw more people do it. That's why when the game launched and too many people wanted to play "Boba Fett" that Merc/Commandos got nerfed and have never recovered and gunslingers/snipers got a series of buffs even though there was nothing wrong with them to begin with.

We need a premade matchign system now. It doesn't have to require premade vs premade (if there is only one premade q'n for over 10 mins for example) but it will wait a few mins to set this up. PVP is a joke right now.

Also, if you do form a premade then you will often just stomp pugs yourself which is even more boring than being stomped.

We need a premade matchign system now. It doesn't have to require premade vs premade (if there is only one premade q'n for over 10 mins for example) but it will wait a few mins to set this up. PVP is a joke right now.

Also, if you do form a premade then you will often just stomp pugs yourself which is even more boring than being stomped.

Exactly. Its no fun to win with no oposition. I get bored and go do something else challenging.

Guilds that get 2 - 4 man groups together to simultaneously que, cant hang with real competition in ranked and ruin the solo que with their full pre mades. Fix that and your golden.

The intent of the thread was not to become yet another QQ I get stomped by mean people working together. It was to suggest a feasible solution utilizing already existing mechanics that would help balance out the playing field

The intent of the thread was not to become yet another QQ I get stomped by mean people working together. It was to suggest a feasible solution utilizing already existing mechanics that would help balance out the playing field

The only solution is to separate PUGs from Premades. The reason nobody could find any other solution, because there is none. It's that simple.

The simplest way is to just keep track of everyone's rating using the exact same system as rated WZ and then match people accordingly but that's apparently not happening. It really wouldn't hurt to ensure there's at least one healer on both sides before the game starts. 8 DPS can win, but they have to be really good to pull it off. You wouldn't start a FP without a healer (you can get away with no tank on some of them) so why not for WZ as well?

Terrible excuses and it only creates bigger issues. There is no reason to punish weekend warriors. They have every right to play and be successful in public queues as anyone else does.

Premades of 4 or more need to be relegated to their own queues. PUGS cant even hope to have the same coordination and class composition of premades.

If premades are so ****** and fearless, they should form ranked teams.

Terrible excuses and it only creates bigger issues. There is no reason to punish weekend warriors. They have every right to play and be successful in public queues as anyone else does.

Premades of 4 or more need to be relegated to their own queues. PUGS cant even hope to have the same coordination and class composition of premades.

If premades are so ****** and fearless, they should form ranked teams.

Premades don't claim to be fearless. Sometimes we play with friends - doesn't mean the group is good (sometimes its quite the opposite). Sometimes we just want to group with people that don't immediately charge the opposing node in hypergate or PvP in corners durning huttball.

I am starting to think that the proponents of separate queues are either just so bad nobody will group with them, or are just complete ******s that nobody can stand to be around, forcing them to queue solo. I'm not knocking those who choose to queue solo and don't b*tch about (as I solo queue all the time), but those who solo queue followed by a QQ fest against premades

Edited by Kontraz

premades (and lets be real, this is crying about HALF PREMADES in reality) are not a problem.

bad players are a problem. nay, more like an epidemic. if each player took responsibility for their actions in game, and did just a little bit each day to improve their play, the average PUG would not be so bad.