Underworld Trading & the Light

Trinkard

How are Light Side players rationalizing Underworld Trading as a mission skill?

I'm playing a Jedi Guardian favoring Light side, and so am choosing Synthweaving to craft armor. The mission skill to get materials for Synthweaving is Underworld Trading, but the concept of Underworld Trading seems to go against Jedi principles... I'm curious to hear how RPers are dealing with this.

I've considered not training that skill and acquiring the mats through trade, but since they all sourced from there in the first place, it felt like the same thing.

How are Light Side players rationalizing Underworld Trading as a mission skill?

I'm playing a Jedi Guardian favoring Light side, and so am choosing Synthweaving to craft armor. The mission skill to get materials for Synthweaving is Underworld Trading, but the concept of Underworld Trading seems to go against Jedi principles... I'm curious to hear how RPers are dealing with this.

I've considered not training that skill and acquiring the mats through trade, but since they all sourced from there in the first place, it felt like the same thing.

It might perhaps be good to have contacts in different places of the world, the Jedi will not be able to do their work being isolated from everyone else. Perhaps, you might even be able to influence some of them for the better?

And remember, it isnt YOU going into the dark seedy underworld to get stuff. It's your companion. Now, my Jedi is only level 10 and I don't know their companions, but I assume there's at LEAST one shady smuggler type. That makes plenty of sense. Like Obi-wan in episode II, when he asked Dex for information about that dart thing. Kinda.

And remember, it isnt YOU going into the dark seedy underworld to get stuff. It's your companion. Now, my Jedi is only level 10 and I don't know their companions, but I assume there's at LEAST one shady smuggler type. That makes plenty of sense. Like Obi-wan in episode II, when he asked Dex for information about that dart thing. Kinda.

THIS, exactly. It's what I was thinking as soon as I read the OP.

The Jedi Code doesn't mention political affiliations and business decisions as to be adherent one way or another.

I propose that a Jedi who gets better equipment from the "black market" than the other Jedi who sticks with official suppliers out of principle is embracing knowledge over ignorance, as well as understanding that those who "break the law" are just as important and sometimes more valuable than those who adhere to it, demonstrating more mastery of "there is no chaos, there is harmony."