Kaggath Tournament - Place Your Bets!

Beniboybling

Tri-battles? hmmmm

The way I've picked it it'll be

Greivous vs G0-T0 vs Revan in the first one

Darth Traya vs Prince Xizor vs Exar Kun in the second one

I feel that Tri-battles would be a semi-unfair way to do this due to the fact that Tri-battles can be VERY unpredictable and random.

1st Tri-Battle:

I think any of them are capable of winning this. This is a toss-up. Regardless, I'm gonna argue for Revan.

2nd Tri-battle:

Holy Crap!! I wanted to say Kun would win this, but due to the Tri-battle format I could see Traya getting a win here. Interesting...

Nah... Kun's got this. His armies are just not gonna be damaged much from Traya's tactics. Kun wins.

CHAMPIONSHIP: Exar Kun vs either Greivous, Revan, or G0-T0

Regardless, Kun wins.

But that's the beauty of it, it tests the flexibility and adaptability of their power bases. The Kaggath Champion has to be able to manipulate his opponents and deal with unpredictable odds. Brute force isn't enough to win, and shouldn't be.

Completely taken aback by your choice given the immense military power differential between the two, but regardless, apparently 'points' win now.

Its the only way to remain impartial, don't get the idea the winner was based on the amount of arguments made by either side - its quality not quantity. Not everyone is going to agree with every outcome, but I can assure you I was meticulous in my analysis of either side and no arguments were missed or disregarded in any way. But that debates over now.

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But that's the beauty of it, it tests the flexibility and adaptability of their power bases. The Kaggath Champion has to be able to manipulate his opponents and deal with unpredictable odds. Brute force isn't enough to win, and shouldn't be.

With that logic in mind, we can pretty much rule out Greivous as a winner in a Tri-battle. Brute force is about all he has.

Well, that's a matter of opinion. As by second favourite STAR WARS character I'd disagree... he is up their with the tactical geniuses.

Oh no. Last time Revan went up against one of your favorite Star Wars characters he lost. Crap.

You think he's (Greivous) a tactical genius? I disagree, but I'll wait for his Kaggath to decide that.

Edited by MasterMe

Do you mind telling us what some of the rules are for the Tri-battle-Kaggaths? I've got some questions:

Can two sides become allies to defeat the other?

Can one of the participants sit back and watch the others fall?

I honestly think that both of these should be allowed. It's your call.

General Grievous vs Mandalore the Ultimate

Tyber Zann vs G0-T0*

Revan* vs Skere Kaan

Darth Malgus vs Prince Xizor

Darth Traya vs Darth Plagueis

Exar Kun vs Naga Sadow

*You may be wondering while G0-T0 is in the ‘losers’ bracket – but the fact is his victory was unexpected and a feel he is a better match for Tyber Zann than Traya. It also allows for certain individuals to make a cameo.

You just didn't want Traya to face GO-TO because GO-TO is the only one Traya can't corrupt, mind control, or auto-win with by hiding on Malachor V. :p

1. Malgus

2. G0-T0

3. Naga Shadow

4. Grievous

I think G0-T0 is the one to beat in this Kaggath. Assuming Malgus gets to the final, I think he's the only one who would be able to beat G0-T0.

Oh no. Last time Revan went up against one of your favorite Star Wars characters he lost. Crap.

You think he's a tactical genius? I disagree, but I'll wait for his Kaggath to decide that.

You underestimate my appreciation for Revan. I'm betting on him winning this.

Oh and lets face it, Darth Traya beats Revan. Maybe not Darth Revan but she beats Revan, he hadn't become uber-Jedi yet.

P.S. On the topic of Revan I plan to restore the title of Darth to him at some point. Probably if he gets to the Semi-Finals, definitely if he makes it too the Finals. But I'm not sure yet, it depends on the make up of the tri-duel. So your just gonna have to bear with me on that front.

Do you mind telling us what some of the rules are for the Tri-battle-Kaggaths? I've got some questions:

Can two sides become allies to defeat the other?

Can one of the participants sit back and watch the others fall?

I honestly think that both of these should be allowed. It's your call.

Yes the can team up, however there can only be one winner so their alliance can only last so long. And yes to the second point. The logic being it won't result in victory by default seeing as one will survive and has to destroy all opposition to win.

Lol, I'm getting excited just thinking about it! :D

On Tri-debates:

All that will happen is the debates will degrade into "what if" situations.

We will no longer be comparing the strengths of the armies and their plans, but which leader would do what under these circumstances that happen because the other guy was in an alliance with the first guy because for whatever reason he though that would be a good idea because the other two might have formed an alliance, so that one had to make it before the other one did and he managed to do that because he's better than the other.

And yes. It'll be that confusing.

Edited by Warren-Stride

You just didn't want Traya to face GO-TO because GO-TO is the only one Traya can't corrupt, mind control, or auto-win with by hiding on Malachor V. :p

No. :p That is not the reason. The reason is a spoiler so you'll just have to wait and find out.

Its interesting that you think G0-T0 is the one to beat though. Perhaps I underestimate him.

I think G0-T0 is the one to beat in this Kaggath. Assuming Malgus gets to the final, I think he's the only one who would be able to beat G0-T0

Why is that, just curious.

Edited by Beniboybling

On Tri-debates:

All that will happen is the debates will degrade into "what if" situations.

We will no longer be comparing the strengths of the armies and their plans, but which leader would do what under these circumstances that happen because the other guy was in an alliance with the first guy because for whatever reason he though that would be a good idea because the other two might have formed an alliance, so that one had to make it before the other one did and he managed to do that because he's better than the other.

And yes. It'll be that confusing.

As Arbiter of the Kaggath - I shall decide which alliances are viable and which are not, to avoid such 'what if' situations. You'll put forward the arguments though. And ultimately their can only be one winner so strength of armies and plans is an inevitable factor.

Edited by Beniboybling

No. :p That is not the reason. The reason is a spoiler so you'll just have to wait and find out.

Its interesting that you think G0-T0 is the one to beat though. Perhaps I underestimate him.

G0-T0:

-is Invisible (in multiple ways)

-is Very hard to kill (for Force Users too)

-is Skilled at operating in the underworld

-has No planets to defend. Or a base. Completely offensive

-his Power base is literally built of bounty hunters and assassins

Basically, it doesn't matter how large the opponents army, because G0-T0 doesn't care about planets. He doesn't care about warfare. He'll stay hidden. His countless assassins will aim straight at the opposing leader. GOOD assassins. And if the other army attempts to find him with bounty hunters of their own... well, easier said than done.

The Kaggath is all about killing the other guy. The endgame. And G0-T0 is built for endgame.

XD You're kidding, right?

I'm gonna support G0-T0 all the way. I'm not gonna tell everyone how to defeat him! But I'm just putting it out there, that Malgus has some advantages that could make him win.

Ha ha! Of course! Nice to see people are getting into the competitive spirit! :D

I must admit, G0-T0 does have some distinct advantages that will work especially well in the tri-duel. As stealth and deception are important factors. Perhaps I should revise my predicted outcome...

Ha ha! Of course! Nice to see people are getting into the competitive spirit! :D

I must admit, G0-T0 does have some distinct advantages that will work especially well in the tri-duel. As stealth and deception are important factors. Perhaps I should revise my predicted outcome...

Well, apparently G0-T0 can't come in first, because he didn't "win" (*Insert "are you f***ing kidding me" face here*) in the Kaggath series. So someone has to beat him.

Should note, before you do these battles. That to make sure, both sides have information on their character, their armies, what the armies consist of, and information on the troops/vehicles/weapons that they use.

More to that, I wouldn't take bland information make sure its actual information cause some of these battles(even before Kaggath) have been based on assumption and speculation or things just pulled out of thin air. Or what it says on the profile of a character that they killed jedi, or did such and such...yet there isn't any proof for that other then character statements which...really isn't proof.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well, apparently G0-T0 can't come in first, because he didn't "win" (*Insert "are you f***ing kidding me" face here*) in the Kaggath series. So someone has to beat him.

O_o Your both on two fronts here.

You have misinterpreted I think.

Re-read the OP:

Note: the losers of the ‘Kaggath Series’ cannot claim 3rd place, only 1st, 2nd and 4th – don’t ask why.

*You may be wondering while G0-T0 is in the ‘losers’ bracket – but the fact is his victory was unexpected and a feel he is a better match for Tyber Zann than Traya. It also allows for certain individuals to make a cameo.

G0-T0 won his duel against Plagueis, but I think the real confusion is the fact he was placed in the 'losers' bracket. I should have mentioned that this still means he has 'winners' privileges. So he can get 3rd. Thats another thing, losers can only not claim 3rd place they can claim 1st and 2nd. And seeing as the Kaggath is so popular I may consider a runners up round so the runners up of each tri round can go head to head. But I thought the winners should have some sort of advantage, so we'll see.

Very sorry about that, my fault. I imagine you were quite angry :p.

Should note, before you do these battles. That to make sure, both sides have information on their character, their armies, what the armies consist of, and information on the troops/vehicles/weapons that they use.

More to that, I wouldn't take bland information make sure its actual information cause some of these battles(even before Kaggath) have been based on assumption and speculation or things just pulled out of thin air. Or what it says on the profile of a character that they killed jedi, or did such and such...yet there isn't any proof for that other then character statements which...really isn't proof.

I didn't realise character statements weren't canon until a while back, but I'll definitely take that into account. I think we've got enough info on these guys though, I assure you I take a long time choosing each character, and priority No1 is always information. But anyways at least for the Tournament these characters have been done already, I'm definitely bearing that in mind for the Bonus Series though.

Wanna place your bets on the top 4?

You underestimate my appreciation for Revan. I'm betting on him winning this.

Oh and lets face it, Darth Traya beats Revan. Maybe not Darth Revan but she beats Revan, he hadn't become uber-Jedi yet.

P.S. On the topic of Revan I plan to restore the title of Darth to him at some point. Probably if he gets to the Semi-Finals, definitely if he makes it too the Finals. But I'm not sure yet, it depends on the make up of the tri-duel. So your just gonna have to bear with me on that front.

Yes the can team up, however there can only be one winner so their alliance can only last so long. And yes to the second point. The logic being it won't result in victory by default seeing as one will survive and has to destroy all opposition to win.

Lol, I'm getting excited just thinking about it! :D

I agree. I think Traya does beat Revanchist Revan one-on-one. My only complaint in that Kaggath is that it was forced into becoming a one-on-one AT Malachor V. But whatever. It's over now. I must now focus my efforts on how Revan will beat Kaan. I'm actually very confident that Revan will win that one. But it'll be very interesting seeing as how Kaan and Revan (even Lord Hoth) are very similar in some ways.

I agree. I think Traya does beat Revanchist Revan one-on-one. My only complaint in that Kaggath is that it was forced into becoming a one-on-one AT Malachor V. But whatever. It's over now. I must now focus my efforts on how Revan will beat Kaan. I'm actually very confident that Revan will win that one. But it'll be very interesting seeing as how Kaan and Revan (even Lord Hoth) are very similar in some ways.

I completely agree with you here. People seem to think I forced it on them, but in fact I saw no way of getting around it other than removing it from her powerbase - which is nigh impossible as it is the heart of her powerbase.

And yes, Kaan and Revan are very similar in their charismatic leadership and ruthlessness.

General Grievous vs Mandalore the Ultimate= Was Mandalore in a battle before? Cause looking at the Mandalorians, in the way of technology I can't really find anything concrete other then their armor. Though does Manalore just get the technology from his era and back, or from all the eras with Mandos? If so you might just wanna give GG the win on this one.

Tyber Zann vs G0-T0= Again same thing here, though will go with Zann. GO-TO at least has the fact he is allied with the Exchange, but his army is extremely vague.

Revan vs Skere Kaan= Not sure...

Darth Malgus vs Prince Xizor= Is this Malgus and his personal New Empire? But inclined to go with Xizor, not only is his intelligence greater then that of the Empire but with the Black Mark and Underworld connections he could do some serious damage that could undermine Malgus. But if its a straight out fight, then will go with Malgus.

Darth Traya vs Darth Plagueis= Eh....well Traya just has the remains of an Empire, while Plagueis has connections with the Banking Clan and the Hutt Cartel. Ehhh...dunno...I guess i'll go with Traya.

Exar Kun vs Naga Sadow= Exar.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

General Grievous vs Mandalore the Ultimate= Was Mandalore in a battle before? Cause looking at the Mandalorians, in the way of technology I can't really find anything concrete other then their armor. Though does Manalore just get the technology from his era and back, or from all the eras with Mandos? If so you might just wanna give GG the win on this one.
Yes, Mandalore vs Exar Kun. Basically Mandalore had his Neo-Crusaders and all other information came from what we know about the Mandalorian Wars. (This is Mandalore from that war and all the assets he controlled in that period) His armor is a conflicting issue - but it was basically decided that it is not impenetrable but resistant to lightsabers. Oh and check out this: Mandalorian Armor.

Tyber Zann vs G0-T0= Again same thing here, though will go with Zann. GO-TO at least has the fact he is allied with the Exchange, but his army is extremely vague.
More like small, I think its definable. The Visionary and the droids aboard it. The HK factory, the Zhug Brothers and the Gand nest. And a good supply of credits from the Exchange. This is how it was defined in the Kaggath anyway.

Darth Malgus vs Prince Xizor= Is this Malgus and his personal New Empire? But inclined to go with Xizor, not only is his intelligence greater then that of the Empire but with the Black Mark and Underworld connections he could do some serious damage that could undermine Malgus. But if its a straight out fight, then will go with Malgus.

Yes, Malgus and his personal Empire.

Gotta give it to you Beni, these matchups are gonna be good. After some additional research, I have adjusted my tactics.

Grievous still beats Mandalore: The Mandalorians are good, but they don't have the numbers like the Clone Army did.

Tyber Zahn vs. G0-T0: Not sure on this one. They are both very similar. They both have underworld connections. They both have the ability to be invisible (G0-T0 moreso). They both have the ability to but loyalty. I think it may come down to who can find who first and who can mobilize assassins and such the fastest. G0-T0 may have the advantage here, but Tyber also has his own assassins (or defilers). Gonna be close, but I'm leaning towards G0-T0.

Kaan trounces Revan: Why? If the "so and so has more Force users" argument still applies, then that's why. The Brotherhood of Darkness was an army of Force users. Way more than what Revan had during the Mandalore Wars.

Traya and Plagueis: This'll be a close one, but I think Plagueis will suffer from the same issues he had with G0-T0 (lack of precognitive abilities). So this could play into Traya's hands with her Assassins. Now if Plagueis goes to Malachor to face Traya, that will play out differently than Traya vs. Revan. Plagueis can also draw strength from Malachor, which could be the deciding factor. Then again, if Traya's Sever Force/Force Drain can affect Plagueis then Traya could pull it out. Another close one, but I'm leaning towards Traya. Many variables to consider here.

Exar Kun vs. Naga Sadow: Naga Sadow has the manpower to win this one, but all Kun has to do is find Naga Sadow's meditation sphere and destroy it. Easier said than done as that is what did in Kaan's forces. I'm going to go with Naga Sadow on the military front, but Exar Kun has it if he can find Naga Sadow. You will have to make clear where Naga Sadow parks his meditation sphere, as this will decide if Kun can find it or not.

Will adjust once the battles are underway.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: THE DUEL 'REVAN vs SKERE KAAN' IS NOW 'DARTH REVAN vs SKERE KAAN'

An error on my part made me severly underestimate the Kaan Brotherhood, as a believed that Kaan would be no match for Revan and the Republic. I've revised this for two reasons:

1. Kaan challenged and threated a Republic and the whole Jedi Order when it had experienced 1000 years of peace. While Revan lead a Republic had just been through the Great Sith War.

2. Kaan has around 20,000 Sith, while again Revan only has the Revanchists, and not the full support of the Jedi Order.

Its not an obvious win for Revan though. Kaan has more than a sizeable enough force to challenge Darth Revan and his Empire. Feel free to reconsider your bets in light of this announcement.

That is all.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: THE DUEL 'REVAN vs SKERE KAAN' IS NOW 'DARTH REVAN vs SKERE KAAN'

An error on my part made me severly underestimate the Kaan Brotherhood, as a believed that Kaan would be no match for Revan and the Republic. I've revised this for two reasons:

1. Kaan challenged and threated a Republic and the whole Jedi Order when it had experienced 1000 years of peace. While Revan lead a Republic had just been through the Great Sith War.

2. Kaan has around 20,000 Sith, while again Revan only has the Revanchists, and not the full support of the Jedi Order.

Its not an obvious win for Revan though. Kaan has more than a sizeable enough force to challenge Darth Revan and his Empire. Feel free to reconsider your bets in light of this announcement.

That is all.

Star Forge or no Star Forge? That is the question.

Edit: And it makes sense for it to be Darth Revan. Because Traya turned him to the Dark Side! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Edited by Aurbere