Torian Cadera: broken stronghold pose and weapon choice

Torian Cadera was one of my favourite companions before KOTFE.

But since 4.0 he is no longer allowed to wear Techblades. The only weapon he is able to wear now are Techstaffs.

Since, at least for my taste, techstaffs are super ugly I totally lost my interest in using him as a companion.

I just don't like using companions who are forced to use super ugly weapons.

The trailer of the upcoming chapter shows Torian using a Sniper Rifle and a Blaster. :eek:

I totally would love seeing Torian beeing able to use Blasters and/or a Sniper Rifle but we all know this probably was just to give the trailer more style. Techstaffs just don't cut it for stylish trailers so they gave him more awesome weapons.

Ingame we probably will have to stick with those ugly Techstaffs until forever, which is really sad after teasing us with Torian wearing sexy Blasters and Sniper Rifles in the trailer.

Since Torian is no longer interesting for me as an active companion (cause of that ugly Techstaffs) I at least wanted to place him in my stronghold. But then I came across another unstylish problem.

Torians stronghold pose is kind of broken. While almost every other companion strikes some sort of pose, Torian just stands there like a lifeless ragdoll. On my ship he stands there with his arms crossed, which is a pretty cool pose. But when placing him in a stronghold he is loosing this cool pose and looks totally "undecorative" and dumb.

Malavai Quinn for example strikes his cool pose (arms behind the back) on the player ship and in a stronghold . Almost every other companion has a special cool looking pose when converted to a stronghold deco.

But not Torian...he strikes no pose at all and just looks broken and not decorative at all.

So pls fix Torians stronghold pose and pls stop teasing us with companions using awesome weapons they are not allowed to use ingame. Torians ugly Techstaff is not cool enough for your trailers and promotional pictures but it's ok for us players to use ingame? That's really sad! You should think about it and maybe concider adding Blasters and Sniper Rifles to Torians repertoire for real and not just for trailer purposes..

Edited by Avianatorsparkma

I hate his tech staff too. He is a mandalorian, not Donatello

i didn't realise there was a mandalorian charter for the correct selection of personal weaponry :) i have always felt the staff to be a greater challenge in open combat, and a more testifying example of prowess and vigor to boot, over something one can point and spray from a distance. i appreciate the sounds and colour from a blaster, but much prefer the hum, crunch and shlopp, of a properly handled melee.

Edited by cambul

He can use Electrostaffs (-staves?) now, too! The Cathar Warstaff looks great on him, and I imagine the Fira Electrostaff would be pretty good, too.

(Although there does seem to be a graphical glitch right now where the blades stick around, hanging in space, wherever he is dismissed from :p)

Edited by DarthDymond

(Although there does seem to be a graphical glitch right now where the blades stick around, hanging in space, wherever he is dismissed from :p)

ahh, not just me that has that then? not that i mind really, its something i can live with. having 2 master shan's, and 2 darth marr's, during the rishi cinematic though, that irks me a little.

So if Torian can use electrostaffs now, I assume that he can use the KOTOR-style vibro double-sword, right? I need to grab one of those now (if they're still cheap enough on the GTN). And if he does switch to blasters after KOTFE...oh, well, SCORPIO did it already, and Gault's default weapon was a blaster rifle rather than sniper in his chapter (he can stil use snipers, though).

One more thing I found in terms of weapon availability for companions: in addition to Tech-blade / -staff users being able to use Vibroswords / Electrostaffs now, it seems like anyone who could use a Blaster Rifle can now use a Sniper Rifle as well, got Pierce packing one now.

I'm really glad they went ahead and opened up options like these now that the gear is basically just cosmetic for the companions.

Edited by DarthDymond

Holy crumbs, how did I not notice that Torian could use an electrostaff, that is awesome! Got the Cathar Warstaff for him and it does indeed look great. :D I've enjoyed companions that wield a staff since I got Akaavi Spar on my first character. My character is there with her little blaster pew-pew'ing and dispensing green goo, while her cool Mandalorian partner is leaping into the fray to bash some heads.

I'm gonna be pretty peeved if they change Torian's weapon to a rifle in KotFE, because it will change him from melee to ranged. I find it more visually interesting to use a melee companion on my Merc, and have maxed Torian's influence already. When I want a ranged companion I use Mako!