Need new SW books to read

xxCheliosxx

So i just finished the bane series and i must say the books were great.I have also read deceived,darth plagueis and fatal alliance. Is there any other books dealing with the rule of 2 ?Is there other series of star wars books that that anyone would suggest? Also i have heard bad reviews on the darth revan book....is it worth reading?Any suggestions would be helpful.Thanks:)

As long as you don't mind going past Return. The Heir to the Empire trilogy is considered by most to be the best set of books in the whole EU.

Those take place a dozen or less years after the New Republic is founded, and is about them dealing with Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Revan wasn't bad. Fatal Alliance was frelling awful, though, I'm still amazed that they even let that pile of crap go to print.

The Republic Commando books are quite readable, even though they're not about the Rule of Two as you've asked. The four books (Hard Contact, Triple Zero, True Colours, and Order 66) follow two squads of clone commandos from the beginning of the Clone Wars up till the execution and immediate aftermath of Order 66. Personally I thought the fifth book, Imperial Commando, was crap though. And it doesn't help that Karen Traviss basically spat in the face of her SW fans rather than give closure on story threads she introduced in IC.

Edited by DigiFluid

That is a BADLY laid out list lol

I've never seen anywhere lay out timelines in relation to the prequel movies; generally accepted by both fans and Lucas Licensing is the BBY/ABY (sometimes BSW4/ASW4) dating system, relative to the original movie.

Plus it's out of date re cancelled material, and impossibly vague on some books that are date specific in their own text!

Revan wasn't bad. Fatal Alliance was frelling awful, though, I'm still amazed that they even let that pile of crap go to print.

The Republic Commando books are quite readable, even though they're not about the Rule of Two as you've asked. The four books (Hard Contact, Triple Zero, True Colours, and Order 66) follow two squads of clone commandos from the beginning of the Clone Wars up till the execution and immediate aftermath of Order 66. Personally I thought the fifth book, Imperial Commando, was crap though. And it doesn't help that Karen Traviss basically spat in the face of her SW fans rather than give closure on story threads she introduced in IC.

You just cant let it go can you? There cant be one single EU book thread without someone crying over this issue when it wasnt even asked about.

Edited by TKMaster

Mace WIndu: Shatterpoint. It is just brilliant, i can't stress it enough. if Shatterpoint isnot best novel in the entire EU, it comes in very, very close behind.

Yeah. Apocalypse now meets Star Wars!

Some others I'd recommend are Yoda: Dark Rendezvous, Truce at Bakura, and the Revenge of the Sith novelization. I personally enjoyed Jedi Trials as well. There's also Vector Prime which was pretty...controversial in some ways.

P.S. I've read Revan and Fatal Alliance, but somehow haven't gotten around to Deceived. What do you folks think of it?

Edited by BradTheImpaler