Livestream: December 8th, 2016

TaitWatson

Hey everyone!

This Thursday, December 8th, we will be hosting a Producer Livestream with Ben Irving and Charles Boyd. We are going to discuss a number of Community hot topics, such as Galactic Command and the KOTET Story, as well as a few things coming soon to The Old Republic!

Details:

When: Thursday, December 8, 2016

When: 430PM CST / 230PM PST

Where: http://www.twitch.tv/swtor

See you then!

Tait

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please address why going AFK in PvP matches gives more CXP/time than any PvE activity, and give an ETA for a fix. That's all, thanks.

NOOOOooooo! The "fix" would probably be the same as the "fix" for farming golds: nerfing it to oblivion. I'm pleasantly surprised by the boost this has given to pvp. There are people in my guild who are now considering getting into warzones who had previously given it no thought, some of which are hopping in and finding that they actually enjoy it quite a bit.

With that said, it is pretty sad at how low CXP you get from operations, especially considering the time and effort needed, and factoring in wipes that give you no CXP. I agree that people shouldn't have to pvp in order to gear for operations faster, but I really don't want to see warzone CXP nerfed. Boost operation and Uprisings CXP.

Edited by teclado

If you take questions, please address some of the tougher ones. Don't just filibuster by commenting on Koth jokes.

Last time a user tstarted a thread with prepared questions. Musco said he saw it, but no follow up. perhaps you should start one? Granted will be more than you can address in time but will show a little involvement on your part

Edited by curulz

Thank you. I sincerely hope you'll be willing to discuss some of the more negative responses to 5.0 and the Galactic Command system rather than brush over it and tell us "everybody loves it!". Discussing the bad isn't always fun and rarely recommended but I think in this case it's a necessary evil.

What I'd personally like to know concerning Companions is this;

— Will they return any time soon in say, the next 6’ish months?

— Will they all return alive with us, the players, having the CHOICE of keeping them alive or not?

— What are your plans for this ‘meaningful’ return that Charles claims to be so passionate about?

Master Ranos' comments have left myself, and I'm certain others as well, a little unnerved about their future.

If you take questions, please address some of the tougher ones. Don't just filibuster by commenting on Koth jokes.

Last time a user tstarted a thread with prepared questions. Musco said he saw it, but no follow up. perhaps you should start one? Granted will be more than you can address in time but will show a little involvement on your part

You have my attention.

Thank you. I sincerely hope you'll be willing to discuss some of the more negative responses to 5.0 and the Galactic Command system rather than brush over it and tell us "everybody loves it!". Discussing the bad isn't always fun and rarely recommended but I think in this case it's a necessary evil.

What I'd personally like to know concerning Companions is this;

— Will they return any time soon in say, the next 6’ish months?

— Will they all return alive with us, the players, having the CHOICE of keeping them alive or not?

— What are your plans for this ‘meaningful’ return that Charles claims to be so passionate about?

Master Ranos' comments have left myself, and I'm certain others as well, a little unnerved about their future.

Of all the crap they've unleashed with 5.0 those are your concerns? Not the CXP RNG gearing crap? Or the factv that there is VERY LITTLE new content atm?

NOOOOooooo! The "fix" would probably be the same as the "fix" for farming golds: nerfing it to oblivion. I'm pleasantly surprised by the boost this has given to pvp. There are people in my guild who are now considering getting into warzones who had previously given it no thought, some of which are hopping in and finding that they actually enjoy it quite a bit.

With that said, it is pretty sad at how low CXP you get from operations, especially considering the time and effort needed, and factoring in wipes that give you no CXP. I agree that people shouldn't have to pvp in order to gear for operations faster, but I really don't want to see warzone CXP nerfed. Boost operation and Uprisings CXP.

Agreed, the very last thing I want to see is more nerfs to CXP acquisition rates. I remember a live stream having a stated goal of earning a command crate every hour for a "normal player", even faster when just starting out. It doesn't feel at all to me like that goal has been met. Either that, or I have no idea what a "normal player" is.

My hopes would be for some kind of buff across the board. I get Bioware not wanting players to be able to reach level 300 in 4 weeks, but if that is the only goal, why not just lower the weekly cap? Then if someone wants to mindlessly grind gold mobs until they reach the weekly cap, so be it, they would be capped and now have to play an alt or play without getting CXP.

Personally, I have about 10 hours a week to play, and the last thing I'm going to do is stand around on Tatooine killing the same gold mobs over and over. Yet because I'm gated by the mechanics in place for the person that can and will do that for 40+ hours, it's going to take me a ridiculous amount of time to be geared well enough for veteran ops, my preferred activity in this game.

Agreed, the very last thing I want to see is more nerfs to CXP acquisition rates. I remember a live stream having a stated goal of earning a command crate every hour for a "normal player", even faster when just starting out. It doesn't feel at all to me like that goal has been met. Either that, or I have no idea what a "normal player" is.

My hopes would be for some kind of buff across the board. I get Bioware not wanting players to be able to reach level 300 in 4 weeks, but if that is the only goal, why not just lower the weekly cap? Then if someone wants to mindlessly grind gold mobs until they reach the weekly cap, so be it, they would be capped and now have to play an alt or play without getting CXP.

Personally, I have about 10 hours a week to play, and the last thing I'm going to do is stand around on Tatooine killing the same gold mobs over and over. Yet because I'm gated by the mechanics in place for the person that can and will do that for 40+ hours, it's going to take me a ridiculous amount of time to be geared well enough for veteran ops, my preferred activity in this game.

If I'm actually going for crates, I can get 2-3 an hr no issue. With the new cxp boosters, I'll stash the caches of cxp points till I have enough to justify popping one and doing that all at once

Of all the crap they've unleashed with 5.0 those are your concerns? Not the CXP RNG gearing crap? Or the factv that there is VERY LITTLE new content atm?

I did ask them to address the GC stuff as well. But yes, as I stated, my personal concerns. I'm a story player with little care for proper gearing which isn't to say it doesn't matter at all, it's just not my personal concern.

I am glad to see there will be a stream. Unfortunately, I'll have to watch the recording.

I hope one of those two has the stones to admit they totally screwed up the GC RNG gearing and will tell us how they intend to fix it. As it is, there is no point in end game anymore which definitely limits how long people will sub. A 60 day card will get more than one character through all of the story, start to finish.

Now, I have no issue with using the GC system for people who aren't doing endgame to have a way to top end gear. But for those of us who want to go back to HM raiding, this system is total garbage. We need a way to gear for the content like we had before. Waiting 200+ hours of play time to have sufficient gear is absolutely stupid and not going to happen.

(And I am being generous with the 200+ hours. So far with 25ish crates opened, I have 1 set piece and a pile of garbage. At 25 boxes per piece and 14 pieces to get, it will take 350 boxes to get 14 pieces and a good likelihood that there will be a lot of duplicates in there, so even then there won't be a full set, but that's 350 to 475 hours of play at best.)

Edit: The first post in this thread is a really good point for you to start addressing your customers. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=904332&pp=10

Edited by DanNV

Is this going to be like the one after GC was announced?

You know the one where you said you heard what players, MMO newsites, and your most referenced fansites were saying and yet, as dropping 5.0 GC system showed.... you didn't hear a single word.

If it is, I'll just skip it. It would be a waste of my time, your time and internet bandwidth.

21 days left and I will be joining a lot of former players.

If you guys can actually say you made a huge major, please forgive us to the ends of the earth mistake AND we are going back to the 4.0 gearing system since a vast majority of players hate this system, many have cancelled subs over it, and YOU WERE TOLD THIS BEFORE IT LAUNCHED.

If you own up to it and fix it, fine. If it is going to be a regurgitation of what you told MassivelyOP. Don't waste our time because it further emphasizes what many here have been saying in that you guys just don't get your customer base nor do you listen at all to your paying customers (many of which will not be paying customers soon thanks to your deafness).

Edited by Wayshuba

Seems most people have the GC questions asked that were of concern to me already mention earlier in this thread... so I'm curious to those who used the Shae Visla Token to recruit her instead of going to her alert, is there going to be a way to get her other costumisations? i.e. be added to the collections like many of the other subscription rewards Edited by kwongwah

Why are these live streams always during the day time hours in the week when most of us are actually working our jobs that pays our subs?

CXP gain is way too slow.

For killing NPC's I'd set it like this.

1 for a normal NPC

5 for a silver NPC

10 for a gold NPC

15 for an elite NPC

Then do what others suggested by lowering the weekly cap and set it so it may take 8 to 10 weeks tops to reach the 300 rank goal.

On edit: I would be happy to pay 250k credits for individual gear pieces from a vender of the tier I am currently in. And leave heroics as dailies like they used to be.

Edited by MooseMcKenna

Also to add:

You might want to let Ben know that a lot of revenue is riding on this livestream.

No one cares one iota about what is coming up. What they care about is how you messed up the current game and what you are going to do to fix it. The future doesn't mean anything if no one is here to see it.

SWTORs strength was its alt and new player friendly gearing schemes that made introducing new players easy.

You completely threw every competitive advantage you had in the MMO out the window with this GxC system. Either it goes - or A LOT OF YOUR SUBSCRIBERS ARE GOING.

You can't have it both ways.

Edited by Wayshuba