Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Powertech 2.0

Sosajoshua
02.24.2013 , 06:59 AM | #41
Anyone who has tested whats the Shoulder Cannon like? Getting bored with Pyro OPness so going AP for 2.0 so wanna know how the new ability fits
<A Wretched Hive> Jedi Covenant Rhaegis, Madness Sorcerer / Youngdragon, Advanced Proto-tech / Kha'leesi, Engineering Sniper / Dragonbane, Vengence Juggernaut

NoTomorrow
02.24.2013 , 01:52 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Sosajoshua View Post
Anyone who has tested whats the Shoulder Cannon like? Getting bored with Pyro OPness so going AP for 2.0 so wanna know how the new ability fits
How much does this thing improve the burst for AP? i am curious if it will allow us to kill healers with AP.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Zorash
02.24.2013 , 03:53 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
How much does this thing improve the burst for AP? i am curious if it will allow us to kill healers with AP.
If we could solo a healer that is incredibly OP. I hope to god we can't, I want a balanced game.

NoTomorrow
02.24.2013 , 04:08 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorash View Post
If we could solo a healer that is incredibly OP. I hope to god we can't, I want a balanced game.
That is about to be seen if it possible in the first place. I would like AP to be able to do that. And no, i dont think it will be OP.
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

LordExozone
02.24.2013 , 04:45 PM | #45
Atm in live it is possible to kill most healers as AP using CGC and 3 points in the pyrotech tree for the guaranteed flameburst proc, though heat management is challenging. With 2.0 killing healers will be harder for all specs.

What our new shoulder rocket essentially does is give 4 (or 7 as AP) attacks a roughly 1.000 damage bonus (since the rockets are off the cooldown) on a 1.5 minute cooldown. Will this extra on demand burst be enough to kill healers? I dare not say. But it will certainly help.

I love how besides simply added burst, shoulder rocket has several other more situational uses. For example instead of adding them to your rotation for more burst, in PvP you could use them to deal roughly 4k damage while stunned/mezzed to finish off an opponent on low health who thought he was safe, and as Shieldtech you can use them as an on demand self-heal (20% of your hp!)
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

FeralPug
02.24.2013 , 09:27 PM | #46
The best use for shoulder rockets will be node defense.

VS and Hypergates will be impossible to cap with AP guarding the node.
Jerc Starr Jercules Jercenary Drastic
Social 1. Valor 100.

<Hex> www.tehhex.com

NoTomorrow
02.25.2013 , 02:05 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by FeralPug View Post
The best use for shoulder rockets will be node defense.

VS and Hypergates will be impossible to cap with AP guarding the node.
it's 10m only, you must make sure you are close to the cap.

Sosajoshua
02.25.2013 , 09:07 AM | #48
it's 10m only, you must make sure you are close to the cap.
Thats the problem for all classes lol...not being close to node!

Anyways i dont think being AP and being able to kill healers is OP. we got a boost and itll help us out in the long run. And i do agree that for pvp SC is good for defending nodes for AP and ST although I would say it could used in your AP rotation at the end or right before you use Flame Thrower (3stacked). And for operations SC could be equivalent to Series of Shots for Lethality snipers, a high hitting filler move. I actually think SC could contribute well to AP dps solely because its a decent hitting move and gets a slight ammo boost cause the AP tree
<A Wretched Hive> Jedi Covenant Rhaegis, Madness Sorcerer / Youngdragon, Advanced Proto-tech / Kha'leesi, Engineering Sniper / Dragonbane, Vengence Juggernaut

Schizo_Toast
02.25.2013 , 03:44 PM | #49
I did some duels on the pts in AP with the full set of Arkanian gear minus relics. The way the talented shoulder cannon talent works is that when you activate it you immediately get 4 missiles it then proceeds to load three more at the normal loading speed for a total of 7 missiles. They crit for about 2.3k and the cooldown between launching them is approx. 0.7 sec. Lining up a RP/RS, with a TD/ED and missile will be a serious amount of burst.

However while I think AP is getting better what i'm really excited about is pvp pt tanking in 2.0. The new oil slick is amazing the aoe it generates is bigger than an orbital strike and its extremely difficult to get out of. Plus the jet speed talent is now amazing. As long as you get attacked you get a 30% speed boost. I think pt tanks will be on par with jugg tanks in pvp when 2.0 hits. I can't wait to leap, flame sweep slow, pop HO and haul *** into the endzone in HB .
B'larg Schizo, Marauder POT5
Blarg's guild adventures: ORW->RSU->ORW->Is Bad->Clutch->???

Sosajoshua
02.25.2013 , 04:20 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Schizo_Toast View Post
I did some duels on the pts in AP with the full set of Arkanian gear minus relics. The way the talented shoulder cannon talent works is that when you activate it you immediately get 4 missiles it then proceeds to load three more at the normal loading speed for a total of 7 missiles. They crit for about 2.3k and the cooldown between launching them is approx. 0.7 sec. Lining up a RP/RS, with a TD/ED and missile will be a serious amount of burst.

However while I think AP is getting better what i'm really excited about is pvp pt tanking in 2.0. The new oil slick is amazing the aoe it generates is bigger than an orbital strike and its extremely difficult to get out of. Plus the jet speed talent is now amazing. As long as you get attacked you get a 30% speed boost. I think pt tanks will be on par with jugg tanks in pvp when 2.0 hits. I can't wait to leap, flame sweep slow, pop HO and haul *** into the endzone in HB .
On the first part of your quote: thats honestly sounds like SCannon will be fun to use though I'm so tired of Pyro at this point using it with AP will be a joy.

On second part: yeah the new enhancements to the abilities seem great though i never saw PTTanks as being less than Juggs they always seemed great to me