Here's the problem (KotFE)

Telos

when the game was announced, we were promised epic story, individualized to each class, and that each class's story would vary based on personal player choices. that didn't happen. what we got was eight stories to play through, and individual choices didn't really make any difference in the outcome.

when i was playing the beta, i begged... BEGGED BW to scrap the whole class and story system, because future development of each individual story would be insanely expensive and difficult. all the game really needed was 2 classes (force user and non force user) and then make story content not tied to which class you were forced into. would have been easy... 2 classes, with pools of abilities you could choose from to tailor your character to your playstyle (kinda like what CO did). i was ignored. that's cool. BW is a big company and needed to appeal to the BW fanboys.

looks to me like the chickens have come home to roost. BW and swtor doesn't have enough revenue to continue the class stories, like they promised. now, we are getting generic stories, played by everyone... so, and this is the problem, we are now all playing through the exact same story. we're all "The Outlander", and the way these stories have been written means that they will have the same end, because choices don't really affect content. if this is going to be the model, moving forward, just do what i told you to do in beta and scrap classes altogether. it doesn't make any sense that a bounty hunter is playing the same story as a knight. it makes no sense that an imperial agent is playing through the same story as a sith inquisitor.

i applaud BW on their continued efforts to keep the masses paying and playing, but it seems to me that if you're just going to scrap all pre 55 content anyway, you should scrap the whole damn class system along with it.

when the game was announced, we were promised epic story, individualized to each class, and that each class's story would vary based on personal player choices. that didn't happen. what we got was eight stories to play through, and individual choices didn't really make any difference in the outcome.

How much of this game have you played? And how many classes?

all of it and all of them.

little tip... hover over my name under my icon. the number that is at the end of it, if you look at the link info at the bottom left of your screen, is the numerical order in which i signed up on the website. that's how long i've been playing. i forgot more about this game than you will ever even know in the first place.

little tip... hover over my name under my icon. the number that is at the end of it, if you look at the link info at the bottom left of your screen, is the numerical order in which i signed up on the website. that's how long i've been playing. i forgot more about this game than you will ever even know in the first place.

I'm using an old internet explorer which is likely outdated (at work), I can't see anything when I hover over your name or any "date joined".

If you've played ALL of the game how can you say that none of the choices change anything?

sir copperfield that you?

You think mighty high of yourself. Your opinion is worth about as much as anyone else and that is a sum total of zero respectively.

Begging them to basically scrap their game as they wanted to make it (even in beta) is akin to saying why not just make it an FPS about killing dragons, instead of a SW MMO.

IT is their game and they get to decide what direction it takes. You know as much as the rest of us what the new story will be like and what will happen after that.

I'm using an old internet explorer which is likely outdated (at work), I can't see anything when I hover over your name or any "date joined".

If you've played ALL of the game how can you say that none of the choices change anything?

It says member.php.18,327.

I don't know how you can say the new class stories are generic when the expansion hasn't even come out yet and they said they wont just be two stories like SoR. Did you even try to look up info?

It says member.php.18,327.

I don't know how you can say the new class stories are generic when the expansion hasn't even come out yet and they said they wont just be two stories like SoR. Did you even try to look up info?

and yet, we'll all be playing as "The Outlander".

that's a complete lack of story differentiation, if you ask me... and if you're going to lack differentiation in story, why are we even bothering to continue to play classes?

Arrogant much? Oh wow you've been playing longer or from the beginning but guess what how long someone has played a game is irrelevant. There are people who have played games from launch and still know less about said game then someone who has been playing for only a month.

Hence the terms Noob, Newb, and Nub.

sir copperfield that you?

You think mighty high of yourself. Your opinion is worth about as much as anyone else and that is a sum total of zero respectively.

Begging them to basically scrap their game as they wanted to make it (even in beta) is akin to saying why not just make it an FPS about killing dragons, instead of a SW MMO.

IT is their game and they get to decide what direction it takes. You know as much as the rest of us what the new story will be like and what will happen after that.

Bet Cooperfield will make is return along with several of his alter egos.

that's a complete lack of story differentiation, if you ask me... and if you're going to lack differentiation in story, why are we even bothering to continue to play classes?

Are you really this dense?

Well I haven't played KotFE yet so... well what do I know, but...

We'll all be playing as 'The Outlander', but we will be playing as a different 'variant' of The Outlander as you can be one of 8 classes, one of several races, gender, morality, companions (apparently) and with different choices.

It's like Dragon Age: Origins (I assume) in that everyone will be 'The Warden' but depending on who YOU are will change the flavour of your entire playthrough.

BONUS QUESTION What was the name of the mechanic Skavak hired to install his hyperdrive?

an FPS about killing dragons

I would not mind shooting down some Krayt dragons with my trooper.

Or going dragon-hunting with modern artillery in a different game for that matter. Call of Duty: Dragon Ops. ;)

Well I haven't played KotFE yet so... well what do I know, but...

We'll all be playing as 'The Outlander', but we will be playing as a different 'variant' of The Outlander as you can be one of 8 classes, one of several races, gender, morality, companions (apparently) and with different choices.

It's like Dragon Age: Origins (I assume) in that everyone will be 'The Warden' but depending on who YOU are will change the flavour of your entire playthrough.

BONUS QUESTION What was the name of the mechanic Skavak hired to install his hyperdrive?

was Dragon Age an MMO? nope. BW is just turning a pretty good MMO into a single player rpg with raids. imo, that's the wrong direction.

We are going to play the same Outlander in the way that every Mass Effect player plays the same Commander Shepard, or how every Dragon Age player plays the same Warden/Hawke/Inquisitor.

It is a bloody title of placeholder, because it sounds a bit cooler than "The Player Character"

I was wondering the same thing. Light and dark side choices, random characters being alive in different spots. Every story does not end the same way in same class. Pretty sure Agent had 3 different endings.

was Dragon Age an MMO? nope. BW is just turning a pretty good MMO into a single player rpg with raids. imo, that's the wrong direction.

isn't that what it pretty much is already?

toss in some flashpoints and some heroics and you have what we currently have now...how is that going to change.

what did YOU have in mind when you suggested they scrap the entire story and game as we know it? open world sandbox with everyone standing around /dancing for XP?

Since he was talking about beta, I can remember when they were going to make every conversation have a light or dark choice, companions where going to be like they were in Dragon Age Origins, example, you lost enough affection they left forever.

But the masses hollered and got what they wanted.

I do have to wonder though, where this is headed, I personally don't want the all Imperial and Republic players lumped into a single faction ick I hate the joint stories as the are now. I really hope they don't make have to like the Republic I don't even have a republic toon over 12 and I've been around since beta

I do have to wonder though, where this is headed, I personally don't want the all Imperial and Republic players lumped into a single faction ick I hate the joint stories as the are now. I really hope they don't make have to like the Republic I don't even have a republic toon over 12 and I've been around since beta

There are no clear indications that merging factions is going to be true, or that the stories are going to be the same.

This post doesn't even make sense, it just makes you come off as a jerk. And that isn't how long you've been playing, because you could sign up on this website LONG before the game was released. You've been playing as long a however many of us have been here since release. And if you forgot parts of the game, there are many players who know more about it than you :cool:

Zomg, your e-peen is ENORMOUS. *gasp*

Howdy sailor ;)