Will I still be able to access...

GKraka

After this expansion, will I still be able to access the VIP area on top of the fleet?

I have 12 characters and paid 1 million each time for access.

It's my favourite place on the fleet, because I am higher than all the peasant plebes.

Please bioware allow me to retain this awesome perk!!

Also comes in handy for spreading rackghoul grossness.

After this expansion, will I still be able to access the VIP area on top of the fleet?

It's my favourite place on the fleet, because I am higher than all the peasant plebes.

No, no you won't. You better enjoy it now.

why wouldn't you? where did they say anything that fleet is going away etc? <60 experience should be pretty much the same as it is today.

Actually I was wondering about the access we may or may not have to all of the old content when we start the Outlander story. May sound silly to some, but I kind of want to flesh out all of the achievements for the various planets (ie. kill 10,000 of this, that, and the other thing) prior to starting the expansion if we become locked out of old locations.

Whether the "new storyline" is a one-way trip is a GIANT hole in released information.

There's no way I'm taking ANY of my existing characters into KotFE content if they're forever locked out of the existing worlds, fleets, etc.

If it IS a one-way trip, I personally don't have a problem with it, with a little heads-up as the release gets nearer of course. But I'll be pretty darn picky about which ones I send up to the new storyline. At the very least, I won't sign them all up for the deep freeze at once!

Whether the "new storyline" is a one-way trip is a GIANT hole in released information.

There's no way I'm taking ANY of my existing characters into KotFE content if they're forever locked out of the existing worlds, fleets, etc.

think HARD about what you are basically saying.

All the CC and effort people have put into 5 different strongholds and guild ships you really think they'll just flip a switch and make it ALL in-accessible the moment you enter that next stage in the story? All the events and achievements no longer apply and all is suddenly erased?

A guild with 1<65 and all >65 causes the entire game to implode since only 1 member has access to any of it?

if you take more than 30 seconds and think about things, you'll probably realize that much of the game will be the same. Same way a person who can run ToS yet not even finished Rishi. The story and the mechanics are completely separate.

think HARD about what you are basically saying.

All the CC and effort people have put into 5 different strongholds and guild ships you really think they'll just flip a switch and make it ALL in-accessible the moment you enter that next stage in the story? All the events and achievements no longer apply and all is suddenly erased?

A guild with 1<65 and all >65 causes the entire game to implode since only 1 member has access to any of it?

if you take more than 30 seconds and think about things, you'll probably realize that much of the game will be the same. Same way a person who can run ToS yet not even finished Rishi. The story and the mechanics are completely separate.

What you are saying makes perfect sense.

I see no reason to believe that Bioware will do what makes sense.

It's quite possible that Ziost is a sign of things to come, or was even a dry run -- progression-phased content that prevents characters from visiting "the past" at all. Once you go through "the freeze", maybe EVERY planet is changed for that character, and they'll be unable to interact with the the "pre-freeze" versions of those planets at all.

Bioware could alleviate concern about these things if they were more interested in informing, and less interested in hyping the newness.

What you are saying makes perfect sense.

I see no reason to believe that Bioware will do what makes sense.

It's quite possible that Ziost is a sign of things to come, or was even a dry run -- progression-phased content that prevents characters from visiting "the past" at all. Once you go through "the freeze", maybe EVERY planet is changed for that character, and they'll be unable to interact with the the "pre-freeze" versions of those planets at all.

Bioware could alleviate concern about these things if they were more interested in informing, and less interested in hyping the newness.

they could, but why? all the strongholds and guild ships and you essentially lose a lot of your player base. Ho do you have mix guilds if they can't do anything with each other? conquest?

this isn't a replace current game for 50% of the players its ADD to the game.

I'm sure there will be a VIP area on the new multi faction station., with our multi faction group finder and pvp queuing...better then cross faction ;)

Hopefully they let us multi-faction the guild and increase the guild cap or make guild cap based on account, not characters.

Edited by Danw

I figured we would be getting a new fleet for the 60+ content while still having the old fleet for people leveling 1-60. Idk, would be nice if some devs would share some info

I'm sure this is exactly how it will be...It will be like Ziost, all pre KotFE content will be as it is now, then you flip the switch (same as on Ziost story line) and the whole galaxy changes and there are no more factions (sort of), one station, multi-faction.

I think this is how it will be and it will be glorious, not a big deal for guilds, you still have guild chats, and voice, I see no issue with it. They did say that you go back to current planets as well as multiple new planets to do quests, I think it will be new versions of those planets, it's the best way to go for story and continuity.

From a story standpoint, having things based in the same fleet when the fleets are supposed to be decimated and the Sith retreated seems to be a bit jarring. Like "oh hey, everythings gone to hell, but the fleet is the same? huh?"

I think what would be better served is a sort of portal, a toggle. Something, perhaps on the map, that allows you to flip between the old and the new. Then post 60 can be concentrated in a new area hub that has all the same goodies as the fleet, and perhaps even better, have this new hub and fleet share the same chat channel.

Yeah, well, if you want to forever play yesterday's game, have fun. This is the direction the game is taking. You can either join in, stay behind or quit. No one but you cares which path you take.