Rakata Tokens - Turn In Now or After 1.2?

Rowbit

I've been away from the forums for a while, but I remember reading in a thread which I can't find anymore that certain benefits of the 1.2 patch will only apply to token gear acquired AFTER 1.2 goes live. Is that true or did I read it wrong?

Last night I picked up quite a few Rakata tokens and I'm wondering if I should trade them in now or wait until 1.2 hits. I just can't remember the specifics. Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks!

what is going to happen is the set bonus that the armor gives now are attached to the Shell of the armor meaning that if you Remove the mods and put them in Orange gear cause you want a different look then you loose the set bonus.

After 1.2 the set bonus will be attached to the Armor mod of said Item so when you remove the armor mod plus the others and transfer them to Orange gear you keep the set bonus.

the set bonus for the current rakata/columi gear will be tied to the shell regardless. rakata mods are getting a buff, but only if they stay in the shell. turning them in now or later wont matter, just if you want the stat allocations changed, dont remove any of the mods.

the set bonus for the current rakata/columi gear will be tied to the shell regardless. rakata mods are getting a buff, but only if they stay in the shell. turning them in now or later wont matter, just if you want the stat allocations changed, dont remove any of the mods.

this

set bonuses are stuck on the "shell". So even after 1.2 you cant choose how u want to look without losing your set bonus, which is half assed and lazy on Bioware's part.

this

set bonuses are stuck on the "shell". So even after 1.2 you cant choose how u want to look without losing your set bonus, which is half assed and lazy on Bioware's part.

This is WRONG and please dont spread misinformation.

Pre 1.2 gear (gear acquired before 1.2) will have the set bonus tied to the shell.

Post 1.2 gear (gear acquired after 1.2) will have it tied to the armoring.

So if you turn in your token after 1.2 the set bonus will be on the armoring and you can take out the armoring and mods and put them in a crit orange item with an augment slot and gain stats.

Pre 1.2 gear (gear acquired before 1.2) will have the set bonus tied to the shell.

So if you turn in your token after 1.2 the set bonus will be on the armoring and you can take out the armoring and mods and put them in a crit orange item with an augment slot and gain stats.

can you link to that info, since i havent seen it. the last info i saw from georg said that the current rakata sets are stuck to the shell because of how its coded. the NEW sets coming in 1.2 will be movable.

can you link to that info, since i havent seen it. the last info i saw from georg said that the current rakata sets are stuck to the shell because of how its coded. the NEW sets coming in 1.2 will be movable.

http://www.swtor.com/news/blog/20120320

this section:

"We have also added new content for both the leveling and end game:

*Players with the appropriate professions are now able to reverse engineer random loot items and acquire materials from them - including Operations materials from end game items.

*Reverse engineering and research is now available for tier 2 end game items (and will automatically happen if the player wins a 'disassemble' loot in a group).

Mods from tier 2 end game items may now be extracted and researched. However, Armorings that provide a set bonus can only be extracted. They do not yield research schematics.

*Modifiable weapons and armor can now be reverse engineered and researched into empty, custom (orange) shells with the same name and appearance, adding a wide variety of new outfits to the game."

So for up to tier 2 armours the set bonuses will be attached to the armouring, in my interpretation of that post it means that your Op armour that now has:

A shell with a set bonus & stats on it.

A modifcation mod.

An enhancement mod.

Will be changed to:

An empty shell.

An armour mod with the stats, set bonuses and AC that used to be on the shell.

A modification mod.

An enhancement mod.

From what I understand the new armours will already come in the form from the beginning.

http://www.swtor.com/news/blog/20120320

this section:

"We have also added new content for both the leveling and end game:

*Players with the appropriate professions are now able to reverse engineer random loot items and acquire materials from them - including Operations materials from end game items.

*Reverse engineering and research is now available for tier 2 end game items (and will automatically happen if the player wins a 'disassemble' loot in a group).

Mods from tier 2 end game items may now be extracted and researched. However, Armorings that provide a set bonus can only be extracted. They do not yield research schematics.

*Modifiable weapons and armor can now be reverse engineered and researched into empty, custom (orange) shells with the same name and appearance, adding a wide variety of new outfits to the game."

So for up to tier 2 armours the set bonuses will be attached to the armouring, in my interpretation of that post it means that your Op armour that now has:

A shell with a set bonus & stats on it.

A modifcation mod.

An enhancement mod.

Will be changed to:

An empty shell.

An armour mod with the stats, set bonuses and AC that used to be on the shell.

A modification mod.

An enhancement mod.

From what I understand the new armours will already come in the form from the beginning.

your interpretation aside, david hunt here set out specifically how its going to work.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3531734#edit3531734

i do believe there is a similar post from georg somewhere also pointing out the difficulties with attaching the old set bonuses to the armoring, but im too tired at the moment to dig that one up also.

That's going t leave a lot of people disappointed, here's hoping for the people coming through that they created new armours from tier 1 onwards so that they can make use of the new patch instead of having to collect the old armours 1st.

I'm sorry, but it's you spreading misinformation. The set bonuses of current tier one pve/pvp gear are tied to the shell. This is not changing in 1.2. The new tier 2 armour set will have the set bonus tied to the relevant armour mod and is therefore transferrable.

So, if you wanna take out your mods on your Rakata or Battlemaster gear and place them in orange gear in 1.2 you will lose the set bonuses. This sucks, but I get the impression that transferring the set bonus from the shell to mods in these existing items is going to be too labour intensive for Bioware.

The question is, if you have orange gear with augment slots and put your Rakata/Battlemaster mods in them, does the stat increase mean they are more valuable than original Rakata/Battlemaster with set bonus? My gut feeling is yes. So it's probably worth doing anyway (providing you have augmented orange items ofc).

Edited by Turino

I'm sorry, but it's you spreading misinformation. The set bonuses of current tier one pve/pvp gear are tied to the shell. This is not changing in 1.2. The new tier 2 armour set will have the set bonus tied to the relevant armour mod and is therefore transferrable.

So, if you wanna take out your mods on your Rakata or Battlemaster gear and place them in orange gear in 1.2 you will lose the set bonuses. This sucks, but I get the impression that transferring the set bonus from the shell to mods in these existing items is going to be too labour intensive for Bioware.

The question is, if you have orange gear with augment slots and put your Rakata/Battlemaster mods in them, does the stat increase mean they are more valuable than original Rakata/Battlemaster with set bonus? My gut feeling is yes. So it's probably worth doing anyway (providing you have augmented orange items ofc).

The issue with Battlemaster is that expertise is tied to the shell is it not and not the armour mod?

Ok, well youre going to be pissed when u login after 1.2.

The issue with Battlemaster is that expertise is tied to the shell is it not and not the armour mod?

Tbh that's the first time I've heard that. From what I've read it's the set bonuses that are tied to the shell of this gear. And moving this to the armour mods is a "no-go" for Bioware (for whatever reason). The new tier of armour has been created correctly, and I assume any further armour in the future will be made likewise.

The funny thing is that all people get it wrong when BW is talking about Tier2-equipment.

Tier2-equipment is the new Black Hole stuff they're adding in 1.2. Tionese/Columi/Rakata is all Tier1 and will not be changed, besides that you can pull out the armorings. The armorings won't have the setbonus applied tho.

That's confusing for the people who believed, that Tionese is Tier1, Columi Tier2 and Rakata Tier3, I know, but don't blame me for delivering the news.

Fact is, all current equipment won't change, so you don't need to hoard the tokens and wait for 1.2.

I believe they are putting expertise on the mods for PvP armor (including existing items, provided that you have the original mods installed) so as long as your Battlemaster armor has all of the original Battlemaster mods in it when 1.2 is published they should be converted to the versions with expertise. You'll lose the Battlemaster set bonuses if you move the mods to a different armor but you'll keep the expertise.

post from georg

Hey, some answers.

1. Yes, we have updated the stat distribution on Rakata gear with 1.2.

2. If you have not modified your gear, it will seamlessly update the mods inside when you log into the game the first time after the patch has been applied.

3. If you have modified your gear, it will retain any changes you have made. Any mods you didn't change out will update.

4. Restoring the original mods into the item, before 1.2, will cause them to upgrade at the time of the patch.

The problem, of course, is that if you hand modified your gear, we ultimately have no way of knowing what your intention was. Maybe you wanted to use the mod you removed somewhere else, maybe you just wanted to replace it. We cannot make any assumption as to the intention of individual users when modding the item, preventing us from upgrading already modified items post fact.

TL;DR: Any 'original' mod in an updated item will upgrade with the patch. Any 'foreign' mod added to an item will be left untouched.

Hope that answers your questions.

so yeah, no need to sit on tokens, get ur gear!...

just make sure not to mod them in any way until they're updated in 1.2

Edited by smilefunk

Thank you all for the great info!

so yeah, no need to sit on tokens, get ur gear!...

just make sure not to mod them in any way until they're updated in 1.2

I'm reading in this thread that gear bought before 1.2 will have set bonuses stuck on the item's "shell."

If I wanted to put my Rakata set gear into an augmented orange set, I'd still hold out until 1.2 to turn in my Rakata tokens right?

Thank you all for the great info!

I'm reading in this thread that gear bought before 1.2 will have set bonuses stuck on the item's "shell."

If I wanted to put my Rakata set gear into an augmented orange set, I'd still hold out until 1.2 to turn in my Rakata tokens right?

no. rakata/columi/tionese set bonuses (tier 1) are all tied to the shell regardless of when the token is turned in. 1.2 will make the armoring movable for these pieces. NEW stuff in 1.2 (tier 2) will have set bonuses tied to the armoring.

2. If you have not modified your gear, it will seamlessly update the mods inside when you log into the game the first time after the patch has been applied.

i read that as "pre 1.2 untouched gear (set attached to shell) will be upgraded with patch to post 1.2 gear (set attached to armoring)"

Edited by smilefunk

i read that as "pre 1.2 untouched gear (set attached to shell) will be upgraded with patch to post 1.2 gear (set attached to armoring)"

Nope. Only Tier 2 gear, i.e. the new Black Hole set will have the set-boni on the armorings. Rakata/Columi/Tionese will allways have the setboni tied to the shell, even with 1.2.

What they were talking about is, that the stats of the Rakata-gear will change, i.e. the mods and enhancements in Rakata-gear get new and better balanced stats.

No, that's not correct.

Pre 1.2 gear (gear added to the game before 1.2) will have the set bonus tied to the shell.

Post 1.2 gear (gear added to the game after 1.2) will have it tied to the armoring.

So whether you turn in your token before or after 1.2 the set bonus for tionese/columi/rakata gear will be on the shell, and you can take out the armoring and mods and put them in a crit orange item with an augment slot and gain stats but not the set bonus.

personally, I'm kind of curious: if you take 2 pieces of tio/Col/Raka gear (where the set is tied to the shell), and put the new tier 2 armorings in it (where the set is tied to the armoring) do you get both set bonuses? Or do they overwrite?