Bombers need a serious nerf....

OpeningToEndgame

I saved up and got the 5k requisition one, and coming from a Gunship, I feel totally useless and ineffective in nearly all areas compared to my gunship.

That exactly, my first few matches i felt like i was just flying around contributing nothing

then that "you aren't contributing" msg came and confrimed that. started playing more aggresively, it was awesome

Already. I can't avoid ANY missles from ANY drones. It bypasses Distortion Field and Barrel Roll.

I don't think that's true (missile animations complete even if they don't do damage), but if it is it's a bug. Drone damage is minor compared to a player shooting a missile or rail shot, so getting hit is not the end of the world. You need to either track down the drone or get out of range.

That exactly, my first few matches i felt like i was just flying around contributing nothing

then that "you aren't contributing" msg came and confrimed that. started playing more aggresively, it was awesome

My bomber is noticeably slower and has far less engine power than my gunship.

Drones and mines are vulnerable to enemy attacks and have short range and low power. Railguns have none of those weaknesses

Bombers main weapon is far weaker than gunships as they don't have access to burst laser cannon (I don't think).

Literally the only area that the bomber is better in is that it has more hull strength than my gunship, which is pointless because all the hull strength in the world means nothing when you aren't fast enough to dogfight or even turn at a decent rate, and you don't have the range to snipe.

stop saying nerf bombers, the DRONECARRIERS are the problem according to most of the complaints I have read, the minelayer has significantly less capability than the dronecarrier, say nerf the dronecarrier which is what you guys really want and stop yelling for bomber nerfs in general. Edited by Sangrar

I saved up and got the 5k requisition one, and coming from a Gunship, I feel totally useless and ineffective in nearly all areas compared to my gunship.

I can almost understand that, I wend to a bomber (drone carrier) from a striker that was equipped with protons, and I was getting good with them on a striker, so I didn't find that much a leap getting into my drone carrier. She is just a bigger slower striker really, that can take a rail shot or three...

Now I don't get that many kills on my Drone Carrier, I think that drones don't count towards my kills or damage dealt, but since I was one to hump a sat before, and still do, I'm just better at holding the sat till help arrives now.

I top the chart in an unmodded stock scout with fresh paint when I roll a new toon, but on my leveled toon when I got the warcarrier and upgraded it, I am now a bottom charter whenever I fly that pile of garbage.

Bombers cant fight their way out of a wet paper bag and are only good for adding some utility to an already defended area.

All you nerf whiners seriously do need to LTP.

I don't like to come like a jerk often, but seriously, suck it up.

Bombers are the worst ship in the game, this cry for a nerf is just absurd.

I top the chart in an unmodded stock scout with fresh paint when I roll a new toon, but on my leveled toon when I got the warcarrier and upgraded it, I am now a bottom charter whenever I fly that pile of garbage.

Bombers cant fight their way out of a wet paper bag and are only good for adding some utility to an already defended area.

All you nerf whiners seriously do need to LTP.

I don't like to come like a jerk often, but seriously, suck it up.

Bombers are the worst ship in the game, this cry for a nerf is just absurd.

Death, I think most people that are calling for a nerf, are just too used to Gunship Sting Flashfire GSF, and don't like that they 'balance' they were used to has gone through a change, and now they don't have an I WIN button on their battle scouts anymore.

Having been a strike pilot before 2.6, bombers are almost a lateral movement from a strike, I find that you give up some speed and some Y.P.R. (Yaw Pitch Roll), but get much stronger shields and hull, other than that it really hasn't effected my game in a negative way going to a War carrier from a Star Guard.

Death, I think most people that are calling for a nerf, are just too used to Gunship Sting Flashfire GSF, and don't like that they 'balance' they were used to has gone through a change, and now they don't have an I WIN button on their battle scouts anymore.

Having been a strike pilot before 2.6, bombers are almost a lateral movement from a strike, I find that you give up some speed and some Y.P.R. (Yaw Pitch Roll), but get much stronger shields and hull, other than that it really hasn't effected my game in a negative way going to a War carrier from a Star Guard.

All is good when you are the hunter, but when you get more than one opponent on you (a VERY regular occurrence for myself) you can only hope they fly in front of your ship long enough to hurt them, because you have no way to counter their maneuvers aside from a full bar of engine power and a near by safe haven.

Having said that, it does occur to me that maybe people are crying nerf because of the bugged missile drones always hitting them, they assume that is intentional and not a bug so they think the drones are OP and need a nerf??

That is possible, but bottom line is still that Bombers are all utility and can't even out dogfight a gunship.

I still say LTP to anyone complaining about anything other than unbreakable missile locks from drones.

Edited by DEATHICIDE

Already. I can't avoid ANY missles from ANY drones. It bypasses Distortion Field and Barrel Roll.

We looked into this and found that missile drones do indeed still fire at a player executing a defensive maneuver. This is due to the lock-on functioning a bit differently than a player's lock-on. We'll get this fixed in an upcoming patch!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7184379#post7184379

When I see "NERF BOMBERS!!!!!1!!!one!" Threads, I just read as "No fair! my lolscout isn't as lol anymore!!!"

QFT, does anyone even say that any more? I've found a lot of the people crying for that, were in the "L2P my Flashfire/Sting is not OP!!!!!1!!!one!" group...

-shrug- I was just a strike pilot, did my best to support my team by holding a sat and keeping an eye out for a gunship trying to zero me in... oddly enough, not much different now, with my drone carrier....

I was NovaDive pilot before 2.6 and I still am.

Bombers are zero issue. Another ship type on the battlefield, killable, can kill me. Annoying, sure, but not OP.

I found that my lasers and rocket pods aren't usually enough to destroy them, so I tend to just avoid them. I'm upgrading Thermite torpedoes now to see how they work. :)

They are ridiculously easy to avoid. You have eyes so you can see all the red stuff saying "missile drone" "seismic mine" etc in one area, and there is nothing easier than just avoiding that area.

The only turret that bugs me a bit is the railgun turret. Long range, not so big damage as a normal gunship, but still enough damage to harrass me, plus that awful shield piercing. Still haven't found a good counter against those, as they create a 20k ball of no entrance area for me.

Otherwise, l2p issue indeed. Focus on finding your own counter instead of crying for nerfs.

I was NovaDive pilot before 2.6 and I still am.

Bombers are zero issue. Another ship type on the battlefield, killable, can kill me. Annoying, sure, but not OP.

I found that my lasers and rocket pods aren't usually enough to destroy them, so I tend to just avoid them. I'm upgrading Thermite torpedoes now to see how they work. :)

They are ridiculously easy to avoid. You have eyes so you can see all the red stuff saying "missile drone" "seismic mine" etc in one area, and there is nothing easier than just avoiding that area.

The only turret that bugs me a bit is the railgun turret. Long range, not so big damage as a normal gunship, but still enough damage to harrass me, plus that awful shield piercing. Still haven't found a good counter against those, as they create a 20k ball of no entrance area for me.

Otherwise, l2p issue indeed. Focus on finding your own counter instead of crying for nerfs.

This.

I play Flashfire and I don't find Bombers a huge problem.

Just do strafing runs on the bombers. They are sitting ducks.

This.

I play Flashfire and I don't find Bombers a huge problem.

Just do strafing runs on the bombers. They are sitting ducks.

Not even needed... You just go in there after they've laid down the majority of their stuff (with all guns blazing), pop DF and whatever you have, and hope for the best.

And if **** hits the fan - 'Do a barrel roll'. Easy as that :D

Crying for a nerf=L2P.

I still like my nova just a little less than before. I put emp burst on in lieu of booster overcharge. I haven't had enough domination rounds to see how I feel about it yet but in general I keep my scouts away from bombers and their gadgets. I agree I do hate the railgun turret but instead of hiding from them they are now my first priority. They pop very easily.

I still like heavy lasers as my main anti bomber weapon. Looking forward to using emp burst on my pike also but I hate to give up concussions and refuse to give up clusters.

That explains a Lot I was wondering how missiles where hitting me during my barrel role. 360 degree lock, 100% accurate and mussels hit through defensive maneuvers. All the while the killer doesn't even have to realize he is killing something. Seems a bit odd in a game where skill is supposed to matter.

The introduction of the bomber and the massive evasion nerf have simply, indirectly, buffed the gunship. All of the deployed stuff has let me drop some silly ion chains. Nothing funnier than cleaning out a whole pack of deployed items and having the chain hit some squirrely scout at the same time.

Since a bomber is slow and has no maneuver component, getting hit by a skilled up Ion rail is a death sentence for it.

I also think they need a nerf. the turrets should not have 100% accuracy nor should they be able to pile them up and hold a satellite with them and nothing else.

Each bomber can only drop one drone, either missile or railgun, so if a team is dropping several on a single satellite, that means they have quite a few bombers & are committing a decent portion of their team's damage potential to the defence of said node (though as others have said, a single gunship can kill the turrets very easily, or even a strike fighter with proton torpedoes). I think some people's issue with this is that their scouts are no longer as effective as they were pre-bomber.

........I think some people's issue with this is that their scouts are no longer as effective as they were pre-bomber.

Pretty much this. Bombers are effective but not OP. I think the butthurt stems from that both the introduction of bombers and the evasion nerf have taken us away from Galactic Scoutfighters. The elite scouts are still elite, because of pilot skill but the mooks are suffering.