Smuggler armor eats my beard!

Psykofunk

Listen, I take my beard very seriously, and the fact that every smuggler chest piece takes a chunk out of my beard is a very serious affront to my style. I don't like looking like a space biker with this chinless beard nonsense.

I've found one piece that doesn't do it, and quite frankly I'm sick of looking at this gaudy purple cape thing after about 30 levels.

This is bug #1 people!

Please give it the attention it deserves.

Thanks

Aw, I made my smuggler my only male character (I'm female in real life) just so he could have a lady-killing, epic beard. And now I find out that all his future armor is going to clip his beard? Not cool, Bioware! Not cool! Edited by Kraylessa

• 2 weeks later...

I was content to keep quiet about swtor's more notorious bugs, but this one is the only one to actually irritate me.

Not only have I been wearing a piece of Armour that I got on Coruscant for the past 30 levels, but the option of hiding the beard-clip with a helm is out of the question - why you ask? Because we have one good helm and we get it at lvl 50, and even then we have to use the one with the little face-mask because I don't want a goatee.

I can't imagine it would be that hard to fix, and it's more of an issue than the explanation of the problem makes it seem.

You would think Greg Zeschuk would be more sympathetic to plight of Swtor's bearded men.

Edited by Tinarius

Listen, I take my beard very seriously, and the fact that every smuggler chest piece takes a chunk out of my beard is a very serious affront to my style. I don't like looking like a space biker with this chinless beard nonsense.

I've found one piece that doesn't do it, and quite frankly I'm sick of looking at this gaudy purple cape thing after about 30 levels.

This is bug #1 people!

Please give it the attention it deserves.

Thanks

You are not alone in this.

When my husband saw this same thing done to his toon, one would have thought he'd had the most grievous indignity done to him.

He took it personally.

Never mess with a man's beard.

This is bug #1 people!

For what it's worth, WoW has had the exact same bug (though, frankly, worse... sometimes it replaces your beard with another beard, which is like wrong squared) for over seven years.

Apparently beards are very, very hard.

And helmets also have the magical ability to make lekku disappear. What are ya gonna do?

Depends on the helm. On the SI they seem to all make my lekku disappear but on my JC they seem to stick out stupidly in the wrong places.

Very lazy.

beards are our friends and the senseless slaughter of them by a chestpiece is uncalled for and should have been caught in beta. If this was a helmet it would be slightly more understandable and also easily fixed, but how does a chestpiece interfere with your beard i do not understand and you will not make me......do fix