Jedi Academy (JA+)

YoshiAmor

Hello everyone! I'm rather new to SWTOR and so far have been thoroughly enjoying it. (Huge Mass Effect fan so the RPG aspects of this game are a big hit for me.) As almost everyone who plays this game is more than likely a big Star Wars nerd like myself, I wondered how many other players here came from playing Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy?

Jedi Academy played a huge part in my life from 2004 until 2009, and was just a drop in entertainment for me in the more recent years. No game has ever been able to match what it offers with the freedom given to clans on their own self-hosted servers, the saber combat system and modding capabilities. I've recently been drawn back to the game when Ravensoft released the source code for Jedi Academy as I do like to tinker with modding.

Hello everyone! I'm rather new to SWTOR and so far have been thoroughly enjoying it. (Huge Mass Effect fan so the RPG aspects of this game are a big hit for me.) As almost everyone who plays this game is more than likely a big Star Wars nerd like myself, I wondered how many other players here came from playing Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy?

Jedi Academy played a huge part in my life from 2004 until 2009, and was just a drop in entertainment for me in the more recent years. No game has ever been able to match what it offers with the freedom given to clans on their own self-hosted servers, the saber combat system and modding capabilities. I've recently been drawn back to the game when Ravensoft released the source code for Jedi Academy as I do like to tinker with modding.

Yeah, I played it a lot as well as KOTOR.

I was rather fond of the Dread Seed questline's end on Nar Shaddaa for exactly this reason. It reminded me of that mission to Corellia that starts with you on top of some cargo tram., jumping from place to place. It had the same music and everything!

Of course, I played it on Xbox and was mostly a solo gamer. :o

I have played it on both Xbox and PC. The multiplayer aspects on PC are so much more dynamic, especially with mods like MovieBattles II. Playing as a Wookiee that can punch a Sith's head off (literally) never gets old to me. :)

I have played it on both Xbox and PC. The multiplayer aspects on PC are so much more dynamic, especially with mods like MovieBattles II. Playing as a Wookiee that can punch a Sith's head off (literally) never gets old to me. :)

Ha! Nice. :p

I also like how lightsabers aren't underpowered in JA, but that would make life really difficult for my Sniper.

Edited by BradTheImpaler

The dueling mechanics are by far the best of any Star Wars game. I do get a bit frustrated in games like SWTOR when whacking away at an enemy with my lightsaber is about as effective as wailing on them with a wiffle-ball bat. I'm sorry Bioware, but not everything in the universe is wearing cortosis armor.

The dueling mechanics are by far the best of any Star Wars game. I do get a bit frustrated in games like SWTOR when whacking away at an enemy with my lightsaber is about as effective as wailing on them with a wiffle-ball bat. I'm sorry Bioware, but not everything in the universe is wearing cortosis armor.

Remember when Kyle Katarn tells Luke that the Remnant is smuggling cortosis?

Cortosis is a rare mineral that resists lightsabers.

Maybe the Empire blew up all the main sources of it to weaken the Rebels? Hm.

Wouldn't fully make sense in that time frame, though. Vader was the only person using a lightsaber on the Imperial side so it isn't in high demand to resist him. Blaster resistant armor wouldve been far more valuable.

Wouldn't fully make sense in that time frame, though. Vader was the only person using a lightsaber on the Imperial side so it isn't in high demand to resist him. Blaster resistant armor wouldve been far more valuable.

There were very few Jedi during the time of JK2, yet the Remnant spent a lot of time and resources smuggling cortosis from Bespin.

Cortosis-weaved armor can be blaster-proof, too. Just like Mandalorian iron (beskar'gam), if it's strong enough to resist lightsaber damage, it will resist plenty of blasterfire, too. Think of it as an all-purpose defense. It's a very strong material in general, and not something you want to risk being in a Rebellion's hands. Not to mention that the Rebellion that knows just how important even a single saber-wielder is in turning the tide of battles.

Regardless, there are plenty of ways that cortosis could have been made rare over almost 4,000 years.

Edited by BradTheImpaler

• 4 months later...

I finished JEDI ACADEMY 3 times and played online for many years as long as I could find ppl on multiplayer servers :)

No doubt it is the top of my favorites.

And that is why I AM SO SUPRISED after 2 years with SWTOR why they still dont make 1v1 DUEL ARENA War Zones??!!