This game feels like a console port

Gankdalf_

Before you all cry and chip in with LOL SWTOR IS NOT OUT ON CONSOLES LOL, yes I know that but my years of experience playing games tells me there is something terribly wrong with this game engine, it has "I was used in a console game" written all over it.

For instance I can not rebind the "\" key which is a disgrace tbh. Also the frame rate inside caves and buildings is so bad I actually did laugh out loud. It's not a PC spec issue as I run an i5 with all the trimmings, besides if you visit the tech support forum you will see hundreds of posts from people with i7's and huge graphics cards with the same issue, it's an engine problem.

So yeah great launch there Bioware, all these years in the making and no one notices the pathetic FPS? I don't buy that, I think you are well aware of it but your engine can't do anything about it. :o

Edited by Gankdalf_

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Low framerate is by no means the distinctive feature of a console port.

Try lowering the shadow quality, that usually does wonders on most systems.

I bet we'll have patches coming out that will deal with a lot of game engine related

issues, added support for hardware X and software Y etcetera.

Before you all cry and chip in with LOL SWTOR IS NOT OUT ON CONSOLES LOL, yes I know that but my years of experience playing games tells me there is something terribly wrong with this game engine, it has "I was used in a console game" written all over it.

For instance I can not rebind the "\" key which is a disgrace tbh. Also the frame rate inside caves and buildings is so bad I actually did laugh out loud. It's not a PC spec issue as I run an i5 with all the trimmings, besides if you visit the tech support forum you will see hundreds of posts from people with i7's and huge graphics cards with the same issue, it's an engine problem.

So yeah great launch there Bioware, all these years in the making and no one notices the pathetic FPS? I don't buy that, I think you are well aware of it but your engine can't do anything about it. :o

my frame rate dont drop under 100, anywhere, inside outside dungeons pvp ect, max settings, laptop, specs in sig.

you must have an issue, like wrong driver. and who rebinds \? its above enter on the right hand side, your right hand should be on your mouse/trackball/vr glove device.

It feels like a console port because there's one key you can't bind and you get bad FPS in caves?

I wish this was the standard for a bad console port. We would be getting much, much better ports if that were the case.

Also, I'm getting 35+ FPS in all areas on max settings with a three-year-old GPU.

Edited by Leadlian

ok and how do you have crossfired 6970s in a laptop... cut the lies ******.. i wanna know exactly what laptop

sager 7282-s1, thank you xoticpc.com.

laptop nothing, bastards is 20 pounds in bag with brick, i get a work out walking to work.

but its still more protable then a tower and screen would be...... and at home it plugs into the 50 inch 3d nicely.

Firstly the \ key is on the left side, you must be thinking about the / key.

Secondly I don.t use integrated graphics

Thirdly it is by far the most common issue on the support forums, literally hundreds of them, go see the specs.

Now am not saying you are all fan boy liars but the hard fact is there is a serious FPS issue with this game engine, it was there in beta and is still there in launch. Bioware have know about this for ages and it's not fixed, that tells me they can't fix it.

my years of experience playing games tells me there is something terribly wrong with this game engine, it has "I was used in a console game" written all over it.

hero engine first line wikipedia:

'HeroEngine is a 3D game engine and server technology platform originally developed by Simutronics Corporation specifically for building MMO-style games.'

I loled what about the rest of ya :D

Edited by Adryn

this is no way at all that its a laptop the size of the 6970s and the mb to hold them both without burning them out is well over 40cm it would litterall be a tower with a monitor sicky tapped to the side of it

They do exist. You can even get crossfired 6990s in laptops now.

Make no mistake - these are BIG laptops. But they do indeed exist.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-m18x/pd

^ Configurable with crossfired 6990s

Want to see a cosole port try DCOU. SWToR dosn't even come close

Cheers

Along with all them others in the support forum, wow.

What do you want me to say?

I've had zero problems with FPS and I'm very demanding for smooth gameplay without cutting down graphics options as much as possible with this system.

I doubt this is an engine problem, sounds more like a driver issue.

I run everything maxed and I have also forced AAx8 on via the .ini file.

The lowest FPS I get in crowded areas is between 75-90. Roaming around Im always between 85-110.

Something is not right with ur rig if you are having issues and you say that you use a high end rig..

Edited by Victrixz

So, because you are having issues with framerates, that means a console port?

Basically its an MMO, a launch MMO, its not officially launched yet. Things get tweaked, and tweaked often at the start of an MMOs life.

Been a gamer you should understand this, know these issues will get fixed. It just takes time.