Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

We just want to keep our servers, our low ping, and merge them to have good population. We are trying to fix APAC, not just send everyone off to other servers.

Its pretty dodgy that some people who have already left APAC for other servers are coming in here and trying to steer this thing just so they can get their toons over onto their USA servers.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just want to keep our servers, our low ping, and merge them to have good population. We are trying to fix APAC, not just send everyone off to other servers.

Its pretty dodgy that some people who have already left APAC for other servers are coming in here and trying to steer this thing just so they can get their toons over onto their USA servers.

Don't get so defensive. Nobody is going to stop you from "trying to fix APAC" and I am all for mergers. I'm also saying, some people simply will not like the mergerd servers (e.g., role players or PVEs who can't handle open world PvP ganking). Whether people decide to stay or transfer out is a personal decision that is really up to the individual.

It's really telling that you say, "send everyone off." We are not yours to "send off "or hold onto.

Nobody has a monopoly in this thread. This thread is the cumulation of many people's individual contributions in finding a solution to this issue, beginning last summer. Many people had asked for transfers throughout this thread (the links which are posted by Chippy in the OP contain extensive discussions about transfers, etc.). Even the survey results indicate that a majority of people are interested in transfers "to and from" APAC servers (not that I take that survey too seriously given the tiny sample size). In any event, this thread is meant to be a discussion of all options, and transfers has always been one of the top options proposed since even before this thread was formed.

It's pretty dodgy that people such as yourself are trying to send the message to Bioware that we are for mergers and against transfers, presumptively shutting that door in our face under the false premise that we are thread hijackers and that transfers was never proposed in the first place. That is an utter lie and falsehood.

Edited by iheartnyc

Not that I beleive there will be any merge until the transfer system is buggily working, but if you are not playing on the server you are derailing the thread. You should be in a thread about transfers or consolodating toons. If you are active on the server or ever intended to return to an APAC server once it has a population, please give your opinion.

Think of it like this: I played WoW for one session years ago but more than likely my account and character is still there. But as long as I never plan on returning I should not be arguing on the merits of how changes are made to that game.

That aside, I do not agree that transfers off a merged APAC server should be withheld while transfers in are made available to those playing on US servers because they could not play on the low population we have. Yes the server would slightly more volitile with the outbound players, but they should not be held to a server they do not want, especially a server play style type* they do not want, simply because they may like it if they try it.

* I find the server type is meaningless, I have ganked and been ganked on Gav Daragon and RPed on a PVP server (Crucible pits).

Not that I beleive there will be any merge until the transfer system is buggily working, but if you are not playing on the server you are derailing the thread. You should be in a thread about transfers or consolodating toons. If you are active on the server or ever intended to return to an APAC server once it has a population, please give your opinion.

Think of it like this: I played WoW for one session years ago but more than likely my account and character is still there. But as long as I never plan on returning I should not be arguing on the merits of how changes are made to that game.

That aside, I do not agree that transfers off a merged APAC server should be withheld while transfers in are made available to those playing on US servers because they could not play on the low population we have. Yes the server would slightly more volitile with the outbound players, but they should not be held to a server they do not want, especially a server play style type* they do not want, simply because they may like it if they try it.

* I find the server type is meaningless, I have ganked and been ganked on Gav Daragon and RPed on a PVP server (Crucible pits).

ok i see what you mean, but fyi the reason i left was lack of population and server merges for me are not the answer, id be ok with a force merge to a EU/US PvP server, not a force merge into a pve one Also i dont think you're WoW char argument is valid here as you no longer play that game, but i play this one.

Edited by darthnish

Many of us who have rerolled on US servers are constantly checking the status as we are very interseted to see what happens to APAC servers. If a merger happens, you can bet many of us will come back in force to give it a shot. And if and when that happens, we hope to have transfers in place so we can transfer our toons we have leveled on the US servers back to the APAC servers. Hope that makes sense.

Ironically, by your logic, the person who created this thread would be ineligible to have commented on his own thread because well he rerolled to the Harbinger and stopped playing seriously on APAC servers. He's unsubbed now but still.

Why is everyone so afraid of allowing transfers off APAC? Seriously, if some people want to leave, you should let them instead of trying to hold them hostage. Yeah I get the concern that people are worried that too many people will leave but still.

The problem I see is that everyone leaves before seeing how many US players transfer back and what the population and game play are like. They may even want to transfer back if they see that the merger is successful. Also because it would be a limited time deal I.e. you can get free transfers if you request in the next 2 weeks, even people that wanted to see how the new server is wont be able to stay because if they do they will miss out on the free transfer

Anyway I guess it's not a MAJOR point so long as they at least try a merger rather than shipping us all out

The problem I see is that everyone leaves before seeing how many US players transfer back and what the population and game play are like. They may even want to transfer back if they see that the merger is successful. Also because it would be a limited time deal I.e. you can get free transfers if you request in the next 2 weeks, even people that wanted to see how the new server is wont be able to stay because if they do they will miss out on the free transfer

Anyway I guess it's not a MAJOR point so long as they at least try a merger rather than shipping us all out

Don't worry too much :p All things being equal, we prefer to play on the APAC servers given the ping/time zone issues. I think most of us who have rerolled will give the new merged APAC server a chance (if it ever happens). Only reason we want transfers as an option is so we can transfer our US toons to APAC later on after merger happens (if at all).

fyi i will not be playing on the apac servers even with merges, ive already made new friends on my new server, so you might as well count me out regardless of what happens, All id like is to have access to all my chars ive put so much time into.

Yes Darthnish we know bro you post this like everyday :rolleyes:

Don't worry too much :p All things being equal, we prefer to play on the APAC servers given the ping/time zone issues. I think most of us who have rerolled will give the new merged APAC server a chance (if it ever happens). Only reason we want transfers as an option is so we can transfer our US toons to APAC later on after merger happens (if at all).

The only thing that could conceivably force me to abandon my APAC toons is if the new consolidated server was a PvP server. Warzones are something I enjoy, but I loathe open-world PvP. If I couldn't transfer my toons off of a consolidated APAC PvP server, I would delete them without a second thought (after bidding guildies farewell and giving them my stuff), and never look back. Any other issue (forced name changes, and so on) can be dealt with, but not OPvP. I can handle it in small doses (Ilum, Outlaw's Den, special events, etc), but all the time? No way in Hades. Count me out.

Fortunately, I don't think it's ever going to come to that. As Dalborra is most certainly the healthiest of the three, and MDN appears to be just the opposite (don't play on that server), I think a consolidated server will be straight PvE, making it unnecessary to require a transfer off of APAC. I think a vast majority of the players on a new super-server (my opinion, mind) would prefer, or at least understand the reasoning behind, that scenario. And one can always flag for PvP on a PvE server - the reverse is certainly not the case.

I think moving everyone to PVE server would be the best option, im over being on a pvp server and not having many people to do ops or flashpoints. I also think the new free to play people will want to subscribe if there is more activity on a server. 1 server is the option bioware should take, we been waiting for so long please make this happen so we can enjoy the game more.

Many of us who have rerolled on US servers are constantly checking the status as we are very interseted to see what happens to APAC servers. If a merger happens, you can bet many of us will come back in force to give it a shot. And if and when that happens, we hope to have transfers in place so we can transfer our toons we have leveled on the US servers back to the APAC servers. Hope that makes sense.

Ironically, by your logic, the person who created this thread would be ineligible to have commented on his own thread because well he rerolled to the Harbinger and stopped playing seriously on APAC servers. He's unsubbed now but still.

It makes a lot of sense, however I thought I copied that with this sentance which you quoted, to which I will add emphasis.

If you are active on the server or ever intended to return to an APAC server once it has a population, please give your opinion.

So Cheeze is perfectly valid in posting here, while Darthnish has acknowledged that his confirmed desire to remove his unplayed alts from an APAC server to his happy choice of an EU server is not giving an opinion that forwards a thread about fixing the APAC servers.

If you are not playing on the APAC servers currently and/or would never return should they be fixed, then posting in this thread is as logical as me posting in a thread about the state of the German servers.

The current event is actually showing how bad the populations are, as even with returning players interested in what the Ilum event offers, the Group Finder and PVP WZ queue on Gav Daragon is even less used.

Pretty sure the Ilum event has brought some extra players to Dalborra. We have had 3 instances of Ilum for quite a few days now. I have been easily able to form ops for the world bosses there capable of downing them too. Hopefully the expansion can bring even more. We have also started ops with a heap of new 50s who have never done ops before :)

It makes a lot of sense, however I thought I copied that with this sentance which you quoted, to which I will add emphasis.

So Cheeze is perfectly valid in posting here, while Darthnish has acknowledged that his confirmed desire to remove his unplayed alts from an APAC server to his happy choice of an EU server is not giving an opinion that forwards a thread about fixing the APAC servers.

If you are not playing on the APAC servers currently and/or would never return should they be fixed, then posting in this thread is as logical as me posting in a thread about the state of the German servers.

The current event is actually showing how bad the populations are, as even with returning players interested in what the Ilum event offers, the Group Finder and PVP WZ queue on Gav Daragon is even less used.

I think you are totally wrong about one point,the people who came from the asian server and were forced to make new characters in a EU server because of the lack of content in the APAC server,have all the right to give their opinion.

i live in Japan,and i stili consider my main,a level 50 commando on Gav Daragon, i created this char because i want to do flashpoints,warzones,operations.

now after hitting 50 i realizes that i have to sit in front of the desk if i'm lucky at least 40 minutes before a simple flashpoint start,let's not even talk about operations,end of the story that my main is still wearing columi after months.

So i created two more characters on Red Eclipse,a EU server,even if the timezone is not good for me,i could in one month find a guild,bring both tons at 50 and one is wearing Dread Guard armour,the other is in a mix of campaign rakata.

This is because everytime in every hour of the day i can find something to do almost at once,warzones pops within 5 minutes,flashpoints within 10,and i could find a guild which raid oftern.

when i login there,which is still 14:00 p.m in Europe,there are already 3 instances in Repubblic Fleet,and 4 in the IF.

When i login in Gav Daragon,if i'm lucky i can see not more than 30 people in prime time.

Is this what i am paying for? to sit hours in front of the computer waiting that a single flashpoint to pop?

so you see?

The point is not that we make other characters in EU server because we don't want to play in the APAC server,we are forced to do so,we pay for social contents,and if they don't come you have three options,just sit on the computer without doing nothing in the asian server,unsub,or reroll other character in more populated server.

But when i read this thread some of you want to make feel us some kind of traitors just because instead complainimg and doing nothing,we decided to give it a go somewhere else,we are entitled to have our words like you.

i repeat myself,it would be great to play in a server where there is a similar timezone where i live,but in my humble opinion even if they will merge the 3 server,the population will still be tiny,plus the logistic problem to merge 3 different kind of server in one.

So yes Sir,i am entitled to vote here,and i ask to BioWare to allow us to transfer our APAC characters in the EU/US server.

they could even give us the option,which would be better,to move to a new APAC merged server or let us decide where to go.

Edited by Marshal_Ney

I think you are totally wrong about one point,the people who came from the asian server and were forced to make new characters in a EU server because of the lack of content in the APAC server,have all the right to give their opinion.

i live in Japan,and i stili consider my main,a level 50 commando on Gav Daragon, i created this char because i want to do flashpoints,warzones,operations.

now after hitting 50 i realizes that i have to sit in front of the desk if i'm lucky at least 40 minutes before a simple flashpoint start,let's not even talk about operations,end of the story that my main is still wearing columi after months.

So i created two more characters on Red Eclipse,a EU server,even if the timezone is not good for me,i could in one month find a guild,bring both tons at 50 and one is wearing Dread Guard armour,the other is in a mix of campaign rakata.

This is because everytime in every hour of the day i can find something to do almost at once,warzones pops within 5 minutes,flashpoints within 10,and i could find a guild which raid oftern.

when i login there,which is still 14:00 p.m in Europe,there are already 3 instances in Repubblic Fleet,and 4 in the IF.

When i login in Gav Daragon,if i'm lucky i can see not more than 30 people in prime time.

Is this what i am pauing for? to sit hours in front of the computer waiting that a single flashpoint pops?

so you see? The point is not that we make other characters in EU server because we don't want to play in the APAC server,wevare forced to do so,we pay for social contents,and if they don't come you have three options,just sit on the computer without doing nothing in the asian server,unsub,or reroll other character in more populated server.

But you make feel like we are traitors,we are entitled to have our words like you.

i repeat myself,it would be great to play in a server where there is a similar timezone where i live,but i pn my humble opinion even if they will merge the 3 server,the population will still be tiny,plus the logistic problem to merge 3 differnet kind of server.

so yes Sir,i am entitled to vote here,and i ask to BioWare to allow us to transfer our APAC characters in the EU/US server.

they could even give us the option,which would be better,to move to a new APAC merged server or let us decide where to go.

Yes. There are alot of people that play this game for the community and not progression aswell. I am in a social guild myself. We are trying to promote the 'community' here. Which tbh is the best in any mmo ive played in. The RP server most players are there for RP.

Edited by Amlici

Yes. There are alot of people that play this game for the community and not progression aswell. I am in a social guild myself. We are trying to promote the 'community' here. Which tbh is the best in any mmo ive played in. The RP server most players are there for RP.

Even if we might share different ideas about the future of the APAC server,i think we both have our good reasons.

and your post shows respect for other opinions,which is the way it should be.

we just can't accept to be called "traitors" because we want to progress in game.

Edited by Marshal_Ney

So yes Sir,i am entitled to vote here,and i ask to BioWare to allow us to transfer our APAC characters in the EU/US server.

Yes, you are entitled to ask Bioware for the opportunity to transfer your APAC characters, just like how someone on a dead server in the US is entitled to ask Bioware about transferring to another server.

What this thread is trying to achieve is a solution to low population problems that plague APAC players. How is your request helping to provide a solution to this?

Here is the distinction, you are asking for transfers off these servers. Transfers are announced as coming. You have won. It is now a matter of complaining of the lack of progress in having the transfer system up and running sooner than the end of the year, a subject for one of the many other threads on the matter.

This whole thread and what Bioware has asked for in it, is for opinions on how to save these servers. If you want to question those opinions of those who say merge the server then wait a month before allowing transfers off, that is a place you can voice that is unfair. After all the players who are active on other servers with toons dorment on these servers and have no intention of returning are not going to be boosting the server population as they will mostly remain untouched till the transfers to the desired server are allowed. That is a rational arguement for transfers out if transfers in from outside APAC servers are allowed.

The reason you are stepping on toes by voicing your opinion without that context is that you are just saying I don't care about any other players, I just want what I am getting eventually anyway now. To you, merging or closing the servers is apparently meaningless, only that you get your transfer to your choice of server. Which is stated as coming.

We all know that Australia does not give good ping to the rest of the world, and we all know that the superservers in every other part of the world run with actual populations 24/7. We get that you have found a great home in such. I am even envious that you were able to make the call to cut what you had accomplished and redo it all again elsewhere for the better result. But what you are asking for is coming.

Your opinion is that APAC doesn't matter, only you do. How is Bioware supposed to use that opinion to save these dying servers?