Sorc Min/maxing

OpeningToEndgame

I have all EWH gear, minus my chest which has EWH belt mods in it. I also don't have the earpiece. I am trying to figure out how to maximize my stats. I am dumb when it comes to this stuff so it has to be laid out for me. I also keep getting told different things, so what better place to ask than here.

Implants - EWH Force-lord's

Earpiece - WH Force-healers

Bracers - EWH Force-Mystic

Relics - EWH Boundless Ages

Head - EWH Force Master's

Chest - EWH Force Master belt armoring and mod

Gloves - EWH Force-Mystic's

Belt - EWH Force-master

Lower robe - EWH Force-Masters Lower Robe

Boots - EWH Force Mystics boots

Off-hand - EWH Force Mystic's Focus

Saber - EWH Force Master's

Stats:

Crit - 322 - 37.08% buffed

Surge - 428 - 78.86%

Willpower - 1938

Endurance - 1745 - 108 Alacrity

What mods do I need to replace with what? Like should I put the Belt mods in the head and replace them, ect. Any help and insight will be useful. Again, you have to explain it in detail, cuz I'm dumb with this stuff. :o

Well for starters, the sorc forum would probably be a better place.

Anyhow, are you dps or heals? That crit strikes me as way too high if unless you have points in the +crit abilties in the heal tree. Surge could be a tad lower too but since surge and power share enhancements it's not that big of a deal as long as you get it from those enhancements. Get rid of the A/B mods, no reason to pack End because in the event that you get caught offguard it's not like the extra 1K HP, at the expense of lower output, is going to save you. A/B mods only have +12 2nd stats while the plain ones have +39 so you are sacrificing +27 2nd stat for every mod like that.

What you really should be looking at is your output, as in bonus damage and bonus healing, depending on your spec. Having 37 % crit and almost 79 % surge is great...but only if your bonus damage/healing is high too. With balanced stats you should be somewhere in the 920-940 bonus damage range with your gear, assuming you are using willpower augs all around (higher with power augs but that also lowers your crit). Not sure what 108 alacrity translates to in arbitrary units or percentage or whatever they're using in-game but if you have an un-modded set you're probably higher than you should be. Madness has little to no use for it but if you don't want to completely sacrifice it, in the event that you re-spec sometime, you should atleast bring it down to below 9 (and preferably 8), fiddling around on +10 is a complete waste of stats unless you're Lightning. And if you're Lightning it's already too late for you to fix things.

I would balance things like this: 8 alacrity (with the option of completely dumping it) , not more than 35 % crit buffed (I'm playing with 33 % as dps), around 76 % surge. Remaining mods are used to boost power. Get two tionese pieces if you are healing.

Once that is done you can move over to replacing PvP armorings with the PvE equivalent and the expertise crystals for hawkeyes. This is however highly optional and I'm still for the most part playing with 1396 expertise (I'm carrying around more than one set so that I can re-spec or quickly sacrifice expertise for power the few times I know from start that I have good team mates).

Edited by Washingtoon

Well for starters, the sorc forum would probably be a better place.

Anyhow, are you dps or heals? That crit strikes me as way too high if unless you have points in the +crit abilties in the heal tree. Surge could be a tad lower too but since surge and power share enhancements it's not that big of a deal as long as you get it from those enhancements. Get rid of the A/B mods, no reason to pack End because in the event that you get caught offguard it's not like the extra 1K HP, at the expense of lower output, is going to save you. A/B mods only have +12 2nd stats while the plain ones have +39 so you are sacrificing +27 2nd stat for every mod like that.

What you really should be looking at is your output, as in bonus damage and bonus healing, depending on your spec. Having 37 % crit and almost 79 % surge is great...but only if your bonus damage/healing is high too. With balanced stats you should be somewhere in the 920-940 bonus damage range with your gear, assuming you are using willpower augs all around (higher with power augs but that also lowers your crit). Not sure what 108 alacrity translates to in arbitrary units or percentage or whatever they're using in-game but if you have an un-modded set you're probably higher than you should be. Madness has little to no use for it but if you don't want to completely sacrifice it, in the event that you re-spec sometime, you should atleast bring it down to below 9 (and preferably 8), fiddling around on +10 is a complete waste of stats unless you're Lightning. And if you're Lightning it's already too late for you to fix things.

I would balance things like this: 8 alacrity (with the option of completely dumping it) , not more than 35 % crit buffed (I'm playing with 33 % as dps), around 76 % surge. Remaining mods are used to boost power. Get two tionese pieces if you are healing.

Once that is done you can move over to replacing PvP armorings with the PvE equivalent and the expertise crystals for hawkeyes. This is however highly optional and I'm still for the most part playing with 1396 expertise (I'm carrying around more than one set so that I can re-spec or quickly sacrifice expertise for power the few times I know from start that I have good team mates).

Don't get me wrong. I do extremely well in normal warzones. Dps. Bonus damage is 852.3. That crit is with buffs also. I use 3/18/16 spec. I've done Madness. I've tried 24/17. I didn't like either of them. So far this is the best that I've used. I thought maybe the PvP forums would be best, but I'll post this in the Sorc section. Thanks for your input. :)

Don't get me wrong. I do extremely well in normal warzones. Dps. Bonus damage is 852.3. That crit is with buffs also. I use 3/18/16 spec. I've done Madness. I've tried 24/17. I didn't like either of them. So far this is the best that I've used. I thought maybe the PvP forums would be best, but I'll post this in the Sorc section. Thanks for your input. :)

Lol ? Ur bonus dmg is wrongly low. U gotta be doing something rly wrong. I got 1010 bonus dmg and 79,5% multiplier with 34% crit(buffed) and yes i faceroll pugs constantly. So make on ur bonus dmg asap...

Lol ? Ur bonus dmg is wrongly low. U gotta be doing something rly wrong. I got 1010 bonus dmg and 79,5% multiplier with 34% crit(buffed) and yes i faceroll pugs constantly. So make on ur bonus dmg asap...

What a great help!

Edited by Cretinus

What a great help!

I dont know what the hell is problem i just wanted to warn him. Cause hes in full EWH, im in same thing but much better stats. Also it might be problem with expertise? U maybe have 1400 expertise? bring it to 1200 expertise and work on bonus dmg then...

1) Are you going Healer or DPS

If you are Healer I recomment to go around 1200 expertise. Bracer and Belt with armoring and mod 27 PVE.

If you are a DPS I recommend the same, but if you don't have million to spend just go with EWH armoring and mods. Expertise is more important for DPS.

---

2) Min / Max

I always talk with full buff character with a proper stim.

You should reduce your Crit until your reach at least 950 Force Bonus Damage. Be sure to use the lowest endurance Mod and Enhancement to achieve this goal.

Be sure that your Critical Multiplayer (Surge) is around 78-79%. Once it's reached you can stack alacrity.

Augment WILLPOWER !!! BTW you should take the 6% willpower in your tree.

My setup is

Ear Power (WH)

Implant crit surge (EWH) 2x

Bracer with PvE Mod

Relic Power (EWH)

Lighsaber and offhand (EWH) POWER stack

Head - Chest - Leg - Boots - Glove POWER stack

Belt with PvE Mod

------------------------------------

Actually I don't have the EWH Imlpant crit surge but only the WH, but the EWH are better.

• 1 month later...
1) Are you going Healer or DPS

If you are Healer I recomment to go around 1200 expertise. Bracer and Belt with armoring and mod 27 PVE.

If you are a DPS I recommend the same, but if you don't have million to spend just go with EWH armoring and mods. Expertise is more important for DPS.

---

2) Min / Max

I always talk with full buff character with a proper stim.

You should reduce your Crit until your reach at least 950 Force Bonus Damage. Be sure to use the lowest endurance Mod and Enhancement to achieve this goal.

Be sure that your Critical Multiplayer (Surge) is around 78-79%. Once it's reached you can stack alacrity.

Augment WILLPOWER !!! BTW you should take the 6% willpower in your tree.

My setup is

Ear Power (WH)

Implant crit surge (EWH) 2x

Bracer with PvE Mod

Relic Power (EWH)

Lighsaber and offhand (EWH) POWER stack

Head - Chest - Leg - Boots - Glove POWER stack

Belt with PvE Mod

------------------------------------

Actually I don't have the EWH Imlpant crit surge but only the WH, but the EWH are better.

Ren, what is your spec for that setup?

I have 930 bonus to damage with about 37% crtic, 76% surge 7%, 1740 endurance activation rate fast 7% and 1315 expertise.

I do not know how much is 108 alacrity, but you want your activation rate to be around 5% (mine is a bit high).

I play corruption tree so I rely heavily on critic provided by the tree and switched most of my mods to power.

As mentioned by others you can change two of the EWH armoring with level 27 PvE armoring, for more stats, but you lose 50 expertise per piece. When I did the math, even as a healer I ended off better off staying in the 1,300s expertise range. There is a long debate in the PvP community about the optimal level of expertise, which I do not want to get into. But I can assure you that the difference is marginal.