Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

irishfino
05.22.2013 , 11:49 AM | #3231
NotLP: Life and Death
Character: Ucles

Nothing Else
Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Tatile
05.22.2013 , 01:39 PM | #3232
Lesaberisa - A lot of unanswered questions in the first Ayrs fic, but to be honest, addressing those would have taken away from the rawness of it. - Veresia seems to understand what it is to hide among the Sith and how easy it is to succumb - I'd like to see more of her as she moves through the class story, it should prove interesting. Now, Malicineve, is an interesting response to Veresia - he comes across as someone who wants to be the all-encompassing, passionate and blood-thirsty Sith, but might actually fail at that being the totality of his life.

Bright - Love the bit about Basic, reminds a lot of English (you know of ghoti, right?). Also, I could kind of feel the awkwardness of Glend asking Elara about her past and, d'aww, her feeling welcomed.

Yoshi - Aaran is a surprisingly emotional seeming Jedi - is that due to his upbringing, presumably away from the masters of Tython?

Magdalane - Jedi make an awful habit out of meddling, rightly or wrongly. But at least with Jedi, they can tell more of someone's motivations...

More replies in a bit.

Alternative Perspectives
Lord Sylvia Vizloch
Rochester

Spoiler

Because sometimes I want to experiment with my style, and by that I mean "I wrote the dialogue first and then couldn't come up with any action in between that wouldn't feel obtrusive or forced". Probably doesn't work, though.

YoshiRaphElan
05.22.2013 , 01:50 PM | #3233
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Yoshi - Aaran is a surprisingly emotional seeming Jedi - is that due to his upbringing, presumably away from the masters of Tython?
Well, yes. That, and the fact that his parents aren't all that good at the whole emotionless monk thing, anyway.

alaurin
05.22.2013 , 02:04 PM | #3234
Title: The Lauren Legacy
Characters: Mallayse-trooper and Bella-smuggler
Setting: Telos, XS Freighter, These events occur approximately 8 years before Bella and Mallay begin their class stories.
Spoilers: A minor reference to a mission on Hutta, but no others that I can think of

This 5 part series tells of an event that shaped Mallay and Bella into the people they are today. I split it into 5 parts, each with a different prompt, hopefully making it easier to read. There are some parts with violence and gore and I will put warnings on those. I hope you enjoy it.

Part 1: My First

Spoiler

Part 2: Celebrations

Spoiler

Part 3: Worst Day Ever **Warning: violence, mild gore, and intended rape**

Spoiler

Part 4: Family **warning, mild gore**

Spoiler

Part 5: Legacy **warning, mild gore**

Spoiler

Ah, that is finished. Now to catch up on reading the stories posted in here these past few days.

alaurin
05.22.2013 , 03:57 PM | #3235
Comments:
Spoiler

Replies:
Spoiler

bright_ephemera
05.22.2013 , 05:31 PM | #3236
eeee, threadburst!

Replies:
Spoiler

Comments:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST

Tatile
05.23.2013 , 04:03 AM | #3237
Ahhh, so much to read.

Lesbarisa - The follies of buying random packs; I just cannot imagine that model working seriously in Meat Space. The bit with Ayrs and C2-N2 was a little sad, seems he's worried about talking to people about, but needs to talk to them anyway.

Irish - Poor Rylee and poor Gelt. At least it was Talos who found him, but I'm wondering how. Ucles... strong connection there and very angry about Rylee. It would be interesting to know more of her side.

bright_ephemera
05.23.2013 , 06:49 AM | #3238
Brotherhood: Status Report for Vierce and Kirsk Savins. Set probably during Trooper Belsavis, around the Vierce/Dorne makeouts stage. (Yes, it seems I’m dating their entire relationship by which base they’ve made it to.) 450 words, no game spoilers.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST

irishfino
05.23.2013 , 10:26 AM | #3239
Replies!

Spoiler

Ze Story!

NotLP: Health, Discoveries
Characters: Ucles and Talos

Get Better, Dammit
Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
05.23.2013 , 10:28 AM | #3240
NotLP: Bad Memories
Character: Gelt

I See
Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler