New Clone Wars vs Old Clone wars

grievousguy

Hey guys, I thought I'd ask which Clone Wars is better. There's the original(2003-2005)

or the new one(2008-2012...). Personally, I prefer the older one. I loved seeing Grievous kicking ***(ex:Battle of Hypori). I thought there was more action, better story and way more epic! Let me know which one you like better.

P.S. Sorry if I got the years wrong

The new one by far for me... Watching Grievous become some Jedi killing god just annoyed the hell out of me... especially since his character in Episode III was such a pansy of shorts. However I give him props for fighting Obi-wan face to face. That in my opinion took some courage.

I like the graphics of the new one, wish they were a little less puppetish, but so far it seems fine, but they REALLY watered General Grievous down, which they shouldnt've done, and they should've brought Durge back in instead of Cad Bane.

i like the old one because of the arc troopers story and because grievous was actually cool i mean remember when he slaughtered the room full of royal guards to get to the chancellor? oh yeah and durge made we wanna be a bounty hunter i mean cmon it had speeder bike jousting!

Edited by connerthekewlkid

Eh... The old ones were stupid. I mean, really, if these events had happened in any other SW media, they'd be "lolwut"-ed at.

Mace Windu manages to take on an entire army of droids all by himself... Without a lightsaber... While in the movies, Jedi Masters are falling to individuals. And then you had the unkillable Dirge, who even after Obi-Wan beats him, does not die. It was a sound bite to be honest, good for action, story was not that well thought through.

i like the old one because of the arc troopers story and because grievous was actually cool i mean remember when he slaughtered the room full of royal guards to get to the chancellor? oh yeah and durge made we wanna be a bounty hunter i mean cmon it had speeder bike jousting!

The jousting was one of the coolest things I've seen in Star Wars. Also the ARC troopers were pretty awesome.

I will say that some of the concepts of the old Clone Wars are a little far fetched but I feel like the TV version of the Clone Wars was the appropriate place to do it. You cant do it in the actual movie but you can in the animated TV show.

The 2D series really went over the top. I mean, Ventress torching 36 odd V-19 Torrents with just lasers while Anakin has to spend a while to do that or use missiles? Wut? SPHA's being blown up with lances?

I'll give the 2D series credit for setting the stage and being an enjoyable over-the-top action flick (IIRC, they were meant in-universe to be propaganda films by that kid Mace met on Dantooine, though that may just be net rumor).

The new series, after a rocky start, has really come into its own. I agree, some changes to the EU were painful (though some were just honest mistakes, IE, fighting over a gas giant in the Bothuwai system was a mistake of using a different planet in the same system than actual Bothuwai), some weren't too big a deal or can work fairly easily (adding Ahsoka in, the Mandos changing, etc.)

All in all:

-The 2D series excelled at over-the-top action film and had some genuinely funny moments (Grevious with a chainsaw (implied)? Heck yeah)

- The 3D series is much more realistic (for Star Wars, at least), and has a much bigger emphasis on plot. Still has holes/bad ones? Sure, but so does every show, and it should be noted that a lot of the bad stuff is earlier in the series, when the writers were still adjusting and getting used to the series.

Both have good sides and bad sides, but I'll take the 3D series anyday.

The 2D series really went over the top. I mean, Ventress torching 36 odd V-19 Torrents with just lasers while Anakin has to spend a while to do that or use missiles? Wut? SPHA's being blown up with lances?

I'll give the 2D series credit for setting the stage and being an enjoyable over-the-top action flick (IIRC, they were meant in-universe to be propaganda films by that kid Mace met on Dantooine, though that may just be net rumor).

The new series, after a rocky start, has really come into its own. I agree, some changes to the EU were painful (though some were just honest mistakes, IE, fighting over a gas giant in the Bothuwai system was a mistake of using a different planet in the same system than actual Bothuwai), some weren't too big a deal or can work fairly easily (adding Ahsoka in, the Mandos changing, etc.)

All in all:

-The 2D series excelled at over-the-top action film and had some genuinely funny moments (Grevious with a chainsaw (implied)? Heck yeah)

- The 3D series is much more realistic (for Star Wars, at least), and has a much bigger emphasis on plot. Still has holes/bad ones? Sure, but so does every show, and it should be noted that a lot of the bad stuff is earlier in the series, when the writers were still adjusting and getting used to the series.

I agree with you the 3D series had sort of a rough start but it did come into its own. It didn't get too crazy and came up with an intelligent story line. Although, I do kind of like the crazy over the topness of the 2D series.

All in all:

First the clone wars ( the new series ) isnt EU its T canon, its G canon in tv basicaly. Second what changes in the mandalorians? For me actualy make alot of sense. 1000 years passed since the great conflicts, they emerged as a more modern society. Yet roots of the old warring and clan days still linger, more then roots actualy. death watch? anyone? Truth to be told we know litle about the fallout and fate of the mandalorians as we know it in KOTOR, swtor, and old republic generaly. as we know litle of the fallout of pretty much everything that connects the old republic to the new one.

The old series is purely a joke, it was like wacthing a poor version of dragon ball z... I prefer the 3d series way more, much more connected with the movies and the lore we all know.

I must say that true to be told i think they try to connect with all of the EU lore and all that, but remember this is also George lucas here ( lucasfilms) so EU is pretty much secondary. As it stands The tV show and the movies stands above the EU.

Personaly in my opinion, EU has some good stuff, but mostly is crap. And some of it ruined my personal experience of star wars has i had know it. yet not all is bad off course.

I'll say it again like I said on previous threads. The Old Ones were just a massive brawl between characters. Like it or not, but it made eachother godly. Which is a bad thing most times when it comes to Lore.

The new one has story arcs and amazing battles(Both Lazers and Lightsaber). Like I loved the recent Dooku vs Anakin. And Palps smiling as he watched made it all the better.

I'll say it again like I said on previous threads. The Old Ones were just a massive brawl between characters. Like it or not, but it made eachother godly. Which is a bad thing most times when it comes to Lore.

The new one has story arcs and amazing battles(Both Lazers and Lightsaber). Like I loved the recent Dooku vs Anakin. And Palps smiling as he watched made it all the better.

how about this :

• 1 month later...

I definitely prefer the 3D series. Admittedly I almost didn't give it a fighting chance, as the first season was not very good at all. The second was OK, but they've really broken out and gotten very good in the third and fourth seasons.

The 2D ones were definitely cool to watch, but it seemed like everything was far too exaggerated and single-character centered to really capture the scope of the war as the 3D one has. It's been some time since I watched them... but the ones that I remembeer seemed like more isolated skirmishes (or in SWTOR terms... Mace, Grevious, and Ventriss using their Heroic Moments), while the 3D one expands on it greatly to truly flesh out the War.

Ewok and Droids toons from the '80's ftw :D

I loved those as a kid... and I must admit, I got extremely excited when I picked those up for pennies on DVD at a BlockBuster that had met its demise :D

I must say the old ones where great for action, and Mace Windu was a beast, but the new ones go more in depth. The only thing I say would be some of the real recent ones with Boba Fett working with Bossk. What the heck! Did that really happen?

I must say the old ones where great for action, and Mace Windu was a beast, but the new ones go more in depth. The only thing I say would be some of the real recent ones with Boba Fett working with Bossk. What the heck! Did that really happen?

Allot of BH's worked together for a certain bounty. I also think(This is just coming from my imagination) that those people are serving Boba because they use to work with Jango...