Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

Have to buy Action bars? REALLY?!

Dobah

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Returning level 50 here and was glad this game is now F2P, but I have to pay money for action bars? You must be out of your mind.

Good luck with F2P

F2P is for the story, that's it. You can spend some credits and get the other things but in order to fully enjoy this game you will have to spend money.

3+ quickbars is a convenience, not a necessity. Convenience should be payed for. This especially applies to F2P, which is mainly just going to be solo leveling unless they pay for unlimited WZs or FPs. No problem here :cool: Edited by Meepbot

Give me a break. Paying for ui elements is stupid. I'M willing to pay money for things but not that. Some of the other restrictions make sense but this is just plain stupid. I understand you want to defend your game but everywhere else online agrees that this is a load of bs.

You do realize that just buying one item pretty much anything gets you preferred status which gives you more quickbars, cargo hold, and a few other things. Or if you were a sub and then go f2p same difference. People find the smallest most insignificant things to complain about it is a little worrying for the human race.

Yeah, i pay 15$ a month. Yeah, I dont care. I am not willing to pay money if they are just going to hand over a free game to those who obviously do not want to pay for a game.

I don't think you see what I'm saying, I don't mind paying for updates or cosmetics,etc. But paying for a UI function is stupid. I cant play my Level 50 I've had since release without them.

I've already spent $150 for the damn CE and I cant get some action bars?

Give me a break.

I don't think you see what I'm saying, I don't mind paying for updates or cosmetics,etc. But paying for a UI function is stupid. I cant play my Level 50 I've had since release without them.

I've already spent $150 for the damn CE and I cant get some action bars?

Give me a break.

btw you got 1000 cartal coins for buying the CE use them to get your action bars and other UI stuff you wanted. Thats enough to by all your quick slot bars back

you have absolutely nothing to complain about.

Edited by jarjarloves

btw you got 1000 cartal coins for buying the CE use them to get your action bars and other UI stuff you wanted. Thats enough to by all your quick slot bars back

Exactly what I thought, but sneaky Bioware will only give me the cartel coins if I resub

Exactly what I thought, but sneaky Bioware will only give me the cartel coins if I resub

assuming thats true.. i'm not so sure it is but lets assume it is. Why not just pay the $5 to get cartel coins to buy vanity items which you said you were ok with. Then use the over 1000 cartel coins you got from the CE and buy all the things you need?

Yes he does, that's the point. The quick bar slots are a vital function in this game like any other similar mmo's that exist online. At higher levels you need to slots to access your character functions. So yes his complaints matters, to me anyways and he's right about it too.

Imagine if Bioware made restricions to other UI functions like the map for example or the chat window. Those 2 tools which "could" be removed because the player needs them and uses them all the time. It would cost 500 cartel coins to get them to function and appear. The UI MUST BE 100% functionnal at all times because the player needs it to play correctly especially at high levels. I can imagine the kind of complaints Bioware would get. So with your kind of thinking, you wouldn't mind...which doesnt make sense to me.

So sorry if I'm insulting you but you seem to not have lots of knowledge on F2P business model, mmo's and games in general because if you did, you wouldn't dare start a reply on this... really, any "good" gamer out there knows how important the UI is. Most of the time, the UI will determine the success of the game entirely.

Gameplay restriction is one thing but UI is a whole different story. In terms of F2P, swtor is one of the most restrictive games I have ever seen in my life. Getting reminded constantly that I have to pay to get this functionality working is already a pain. Bioware is giving me the message that if I'm not paying then I will be penalysed. Do you really want to give that message to new players ?

Some advice here, remove this restriction on the UI and let the player "consume" the whole game completely until level 50. Then if he wants more, let him pay more. Thats the way f2p should be. Not the other way around. Right now, people are penalysed because they dont pay for certain features.

PS: I do pay for some f2p games which are fine but this one has some pretty wierd f2p business model and "subliminal" message going around.

Edited by Syekuda

Yes he does, that's the point. The quick bar slots are a vital function in this game like any other similar mmo's that exist online. At higher levels you need to slots to access your character functions. So yes his complaints matters, to me anyways and he's right about it too.

Imagine if Bioware made restricions to other UI functions like the map for example or the chat window. Those 2 tools which "could" be removed because the player needs them and uses them all the time. It would cost 500 cartel coins to get them to function and appear. The UI MUST BE 100% functionnal at all times because the player needs it to play correctly especially at high levels. I can imagine the kind of complaints Bioware would get. So with your kind of thinking, you wouldn't mind...which doesnt make sense to me.

So sorry if I'm insulting you but you seem to not have lots of knowledge on F2P business model, mmo's and games in general because if you did, you wouldn't dare start a reply on this... really, any "good" gamer out there knows how important the UI is. Most of the time, the UI will determine the success of the game entirely.

Gameplay restriction is one thing but UI is a whole different story. In terms of F2P, swtor is one of the most restrictive games I have ever seen in my life. Getting reminded constantly that I have to pay to get this functionality working is already a pain. Bioware is giving me the message that if I'm not paying then I will be penalysed. Do you really want to give that message to new players ?

Some advice here, remove this restriction on the UI and let the player "consume" the whole game completely until level 50. Then if he wants more, let him pay more. Thats the way f2p should be. Not the other way around. Right now, people are penalysed because they dont pay for certain features.

PS: I do pay for some f2p games which are fine but this one has some pretty wierd f2p business model and "subliminal" message going around.

no you don't seem to understand. He bought the collectors edition. Which means he got well over 1,000 cartel coins.

That means he can use that to purchase the quick slot bars and anything else he needs.

Look at it this way not everyone needs the quick slot bars. So they gave him 1,000 cartal coins to decide how he wants to play. THey could have given him the quick slot bars and 0 cartel coins.

no you don't seem to understand. He bought the collectors edition. Which means he got well over 1,000 cartel coins.

That means he can use that to purchase the quick slot bars and anything else he needs.

Look at it this way not everyone needs the quick slot bars. So they gave him 1,000 cartal coins to decide how he wants to play. THey could have given him the quick slot bars and 0 cartel coins.

no he cant because he wasnt subbed at f2p launch. no sub - no free coins.

Bioware is giving me the message that if I'm not paying then I will be penalysed. Do you really want to give that message to new players ?.

If you are NOT paying for the game, you would be penalized... is it that obvious? F2P, they said you could do quests all the way up to 50, they didnt say you would get a total free game and thats including quick slots.

You say you have to sub.. sub one month. is 15$ that bad because if it is that bad for you maybe you shouldnt be spending money on games, internet, monitor, a great pc among other things.

The way i see it, i spend 15$ for 2 hours at the movies, which arent that great so I could easily spend 15$ for a whole month of gameplay.

Even if your complaint is legit, I cannot see the complaint simply because I do pay. I dont play flashpoints. All I am doing now is working on my 4th 50 and I do wz's all the time on most of my characters. To me, thats enough to pay 15$ a month just so I do not need to be creative in how i use my coins. I can just play without penalty. I like my slots, I like my crew skills, I like my gear and all the wz's i can play. I play around 60 hours a month. 15$ for 60 hours is a deal to me.

extended what exactly? he still has to sub if he wants his free points. or not? what you don't seem to understand is that he still has to pay for those bars.

ok how is he being penalized for not paying for the game? If McDonalds gives me a free 6 piece nuggets but no fries or drinks. I don't say I am being penalized for eating free nuggets.

How dare you McDonalds. I spent money here before I deserve these free nuggets, drink and fries. You are forcing me to spend money if I want to have a full meal.

ok how is he being penalized for not paying for the game? If McDonalds gives me a free 6 piece nuggets but no fries or drinks. I don't say I am being penalized for eating free nuggets.

How dare you McDonalds. I spent money here before I deserve these free nuggets, drink and fries. You are forcing me to spend money if I want to have a full meal.

bla bla bla jibberish. u said he got 1000 coins. no he didnt. he HAS to pay if he wants those points and bars and that WAS my point which you don't seem to understand. i never said anything other than that. i dont know where u get the idea that i implied something else than what i wrote in my post. nice attempt at a save though.

Edited by wakafonas

bla bla bla jibberish. u said he got 1000 coins. no he didnt. he HAS to pay if he wants those points and bars and that WAS my point which you don't seem to understand. i never said anything other than that. i dont know where u get the idea that i implied something else than what i wrote in my post. nice attempt at a save though.

except you missed his point where he said he doesn't mind paying for vanity items.

So he pays for the vanity items and gets the action bars with out paying for them.

I suppose the concept of logic does sound to gibberish to someone like you.

Btw you misspelled gibberish.

You are complaining about getting a free hamburger and saying that its unfair he has to pay for his drink and fries

It's as simple as that.

EAWare has a terrible F2P model, this is common knowledge. OP, ignore the fanboys/drones. I, and anyone with the slightest bit of intelligence agrees with you. Charging for UI is ridiculous.

(and before people start getting their panties in a bunch, I'm a subscriber)

You sir got my respect... lol

for the rest that spitted on me, well I did pay for a couple of months so yes I'm a subscriber so its not because I dont pay I should not complain about it. Its also not because I pay I should ignore it. The F2P model must influence the person to pay money to the people who made the game. Like I said before, the player must not feel penalized for a half complete UI which is the case right now. I don't mind paying for other stuff like access to pvp and more inventory or bank slots... That's fine with me and would glady pay for that. But the UI ??? hell no. Thats the basics lol.